CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Corvette base 1lt (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3998921-corvette-base-1lt.html)

mbaessler 06-08-2017 12:28 PM

Corvette base 1lt

I'm looking for a Corvette and see a lot of folks talking about the 2lt being the sweet spot. I do not plan to track the car. It will be a 7 speed. What am I missing if I go with the 1LT over the 2lt. Will my resale value hurt one day. I want a comfortable ride and a backroad crusier. Also the cost differential seems to be high for the 2lt.

rmorin1249 06-08-2017 12:32 PM

The 2LT features are mainly for comfort and convenience. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a base level 1LT car. I would look at all the 2LT features and make sure you won't miss any of them. Personally I like the heated/cooled seats, garage door openers, etc. YMMV.

LDYSTIG 06-08-2017 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by mbaessler (Post 1594903967)
I'm looking for a Corvette and see a lot of folks talking about the 2lt being the sweet spot. I do not plan to track the car. It will be a 7 speed. What am I missing if I go with the 1LT over the 2lt. Will my resale value hurt one day. I want a comfortable ride and a backroad crusier. Also the cost differential seems to be high for the 2lt.

• What You're Missing: HUD and heated/cooled seats
  • Resale value? There is none, packages rarely add value
  • You will get a comfortable ride out of a 1LT
  • Cost Differential seems high because it IS

I have a 1LT and I love it. I am a minimalist of sorts, HUD would be nice but not for $5K! Also, I really don't care about heated/cooled seats. The 1LT is a great value and if you don't care about the creature comforts then you're good!

dachtler 06-08-2017 12:35 PM

Main things that I can think of that come with 2LT: HUD, Memory Seats, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Front/Curb view cameras, upgraded Bose sound system, HomeLink garage door opener, advanced theft deterrent system. I opted for the 2LT with my 17 GS. Your best bet is to go to corvette.com and run a side-by-side comparison: http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/clie...tyleTwo=384678

Rooster OG 06-08-2017 12:37 PM

You get memory seats too on the 2lt. I like the easy exit feature, it's nice, especially with this car.

dvilin 06-08-2017 12:47 PM

You would not be missing a thing. I have a 2lt but could easily do without the HUD, heated and cooled seats,.

VictorBarron 06-08-2017 12:51 PM

It would be hard to live without the HUD once you've experienced it.
With spirited driving you don't have to take your eyes off the windshield to monitor your tach.

Bmbl-Bee 06-08-2017 12:54 PM

I agree the 1LT is a great car. I have a 2LT GS and really like it. I have the Kalahari interior so I really like the flow of the interior color on the 2LT. 1LT the seats are Kalahari, 2LT is the seats arm rests and center console. With a black interior it wouldn't make much difference.

fourmat 06-08-2017 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by VictorBarron (Post 1594904132)
It would be hard to live without the HUD once you've experienced it.
With spirited driving you don't have to take your eyes off the windshield to monitor your tach.

:iagree:I also like the heated/cooled seats, garage door opener, easy exit, memory, and power lumbar

mpuzach 06-08-2017 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1594904098)
You would not be missing a thing. I have a 2lt but could easily do without the HUD, heated and cooled seats,.

Sorry, but I disagree. Dachtler expressed it very well in post # 4. Plenty of additional features are included with 2LT. They may or may not be of value to any particular buyer but they're definitely there.

aj98 06-08-2017 01:04 PM

2LT also has different design seats than the 1 lt (other than the heated / ventilated option.)
Standard/sport/competition are the 3 styles iirc

Garage door link does not work with all openers - mine is about 15 years old so no joy there. As another poster said you don't know what you are missing with the hud. It is a very nice feature. (Imho).

thill444 06-08-2017 01:15 PM

What you are seeing is that options mean different things to different people. It's very subjective and highly opinionated.

Nobody here knows you or your financial situation more than you do.

My advice, go sit and drive both model trims if you can and weigh the pros and cons and if you think it is worth the money.

mpuzach 06-08-2017 01:18 PM

^^^ This ^^^

DCortez 06-08-2017 01:45 PM

I wouldn't worry about resale value and would also go for the 3LT.

The smart thing to do with your money is leave it alone.

Snowwolfe 06-08-2017 02:07 PM

Both of my C6 cars were 3LT's. My 2017 is a 1LT. I do not miss any feature of the 3LT.

Mister Big 06-08-2017 02:34 PM

I have a 1LT and the only thing that I miss from the 2LT is the front camera, so I installed NavTool.

LIStingray 06-08-2017 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by aj98 (Post 1594904216)
2LT also has different design seats than the 1 lt (other than the heated / ventilated option.)
Standard/sport/competition are the 3 styles iirc

That was true on the C6, but not the C7. The C7 has two seat designs: standard and competition for $1,995 available on any trim level or model. On the 2LT & 3LT those standard seats are heated, cooled, power lumbar, have metal Corvette flag inserted into the headrest & memory.

Many prefer the 2LT for the extras, but on resale, the 1LT is king - 2LT's rarely add more than 50% of its package cost, and 3LT is more like 20%.
For me, the biggest plus of the 2LT is the front cameras.

tcinla 06-08-2017 02:53 PM

I went with a 1LT. The only thing I thought I would miss is he front view camera but I've found that it's not a big deal. I either back in or use my eyeball judgement which has been really good. I go slow when going in front first so I've had absolutely no contact so far.

As for theft deterrent, today's tech really gets around the protection you think you are getting. If someone really wants your car, they will get it. If someone doesn't want to take your car but just get in, they will get in. I went with Lo jack's service with the advance notice option where they call you if it's tripped. I thought about on-star but their service is 'after the fact' and i get the same thing with Lo-jack. You also have the option of a personal locator device you can install.

Cchief 06-08-2017 03:00 PM

I have a black 2016 7 speed, 1LT, Z51 package with 1260 miles on it that i don't drive much and an putting it on the market. It will come with new logo mats, indoor cover pucks and a rear bumper mat. I was just offered $48,900. If interested, PM me.

JerryU 06-08-2017 03:11 PM

I bought a 2LT since:
1)Would not drive without HUD, had it on my C6, C7 2014 and now my Grand Sport. Have it also on the wife's SUV! With the need to watch for distracted drivers I want to keep my eyes 100% on the road!

2) Getting in an out of the Vette is much easier with the seat back, fully up front and rear and the steering wheel tilted up.

3) My C6 did not have the rear sub woofer-tough to add with Bose who have unique power/speakers. Needed IMO to drown out the C7 noise from tires and road! It's a sports car.

4) Front camera is great addition that I did not have in my 2014 3LT. Hard to judge how close you're getting to a concrete stop without it! Hit one once and it may pay for itself!

5) Extra interior trim color avoids a cheap look.

6) Depends on where you live but heated/vented seats useful

7) Nice to have the garage door opener in the visor

8) IMO resale is an issue as many folks will want at least some of the above features like HUD , easy exit/enter or upgraded sound system