CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   AC and cruise control woes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4002534-ac-and-cruise-control-woes.html)

BillytheKidder 06-16-2017 06:16 PM

AC and cruise control woes

While driving today the AC went out, still blows air etc. Oddly enough the cruise control also is not operating. I can't be sure exactly when the cruise stopped operating, as I haven't used it in a few days. To the best of my knowledge everything else is operational.

There are no messages on the dash display, I checked all the fuses that had anything to do with either system, disconnected and reconnected the battery and wiggled the connectors in the passenger footwell. I also tried to wiggle the connector on the compressor.

Search was not much help.

It seems too coincidental that they both stopped working at the same time.

Any suggestions before I take it to the dealer? Thanks in advance for your help.

Mad*Max 06-16-2017 07:02 PM

recently my 07's cruise control stopped working and disconnecting the battery for ten minutes fixed it

BillytheKidder 06-16-2017 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mad*Max (Post 1594961945)
recently my 07's cruise control stopped working and disconnecting the battery for ten minutes fixed it

I only did for a few seconds, I'll go do it and let it sit for a while.

BillytheKidder 06-16-2017 08:39 PM

No luck on either issue.

Mad*Max 06-16-2017 08:43 PM

for the cruise control I can only suggest checking the fuse which is in the passenger footwell

for the a/c, check if the compressor is coming on, maybe the gas is low but check the compressor first

BillytheKidder 06-16-2017 09:20 PM

I was hoping that there might be something common to the two problems, it may very well be that they are coincidental.

BillytheKidder 06-19-2017 01:47 PM

The problems appear to be coincidental.

The clutch pedal switch connection was bad, cleaning the contacts/connector and dielectric grease fixed the Cruise Control fault. There was stone damage to the condenser for the AC. The fob appears to have an internal fault.

AC is being done this afternoon, I will live with the fob for the time being or use fob #2 until I get a new one.

Mad*Max 06-19-2017 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by BillytheKidder (Post 1594977151)
The problems appear to be coincidental.

The clutch pedal switch connection was bad, cleaning the contacts/connector and dielectric grease fixed the Cruise Control fault. There was stone damage to the condenser for the AC. The fob appears to have an internal fault.

AC is being done this afternoon, I will live with the fob for the time being or use fob #2 until I get a new one.

Did you not hear/see the gas leaking from the condenser when the stone hit it?

BillytheKidder 06-19-2017 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mad*Max (Post 1594978795)
Did you not hear/see the gas leaking from the condenser when the stone hit it?

Nah, we were doing 80 with the stereo on and the windows closed, didn't hear the stone hit either. The condenser damage was very evident.

Mad*Max 06-19-2017 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by BillytheKidder (Post 1594978952)
Nah, we were doing 80 with the stereo on and the windows closed, didn't hear the stone hit either. The condenser damage was very evident.

Ok - unfortunately that is not a cheap repair but at least you now what is wrong.

BillytheKidder 06-19-2017 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mad*Max (Post 1594979317)
Ok - unfortunately that is not a cheap repair but at least you now what is wrong.

$487 parts and labor; I can live with it. they got me in first thing this AM and it was done by 3:00 PM.

Mad*Max 06-19-2017 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by BillytheKidder (Post 1594980094)
$487 parts and labor; I can live with it. they got me in first thing this AM and it was done by 3:00 PM.

glad it got fixed - on my other car mine got taken out last summer by a road gator (on the way to Florida)

AORoads 06-19-2017 10:11 PM

Thanks for the follow up. I think once long ago I read about the clutch pedal switch/sensor but surely forgot it by now---not that common. As to the condensor getting hit, yes, that does happen but also not so common. Glad you're getting it fixed, or already fixed. :cheers: