CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4s for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4s-for-sale-wanted-54/)
-   -   FS: SOLD!! Nicely built 90 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4s-for-sale-wanted/4014408-sold-nicely-built-90-a.html)

TimV SR 07-13-2017 11:59 AM

SOLD!! Nicely built 90

10 Attachment(s)
I am considering letting this go and was wondering if there was any interest at $25,000.

I bought the car from mseven (Mick) here. This is his listing which gives details on the build:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...one-right.html

Highlights: 396 stroker built by TPiS. It is listed on their website's gallery page: https://www.tpis.com/pages/396tpi
Dana 44 4:10 gears
Coil-over suspension
Nitrous

Changes I made:

Replaced the 700R4 with a very low mileage 1996 ZF 6-speed with Hurst shifter. The trans was bought from a GM dealer and run for a short time in an 87 C4. I can provide further details on the history of this transmission upon request as well as a lot of pictures from the conversion. I did a nice job on this following Mick's level of quality and detail found throughout the rest of the car.

Used a Ram dual-disc clutch with hydraulic throw-out bearing specified for this car and rated for 700HP. Has a nice stock-like pedal.

Added Weld S71 wheels with Nitto NT555's 275/40ZR17 fronts and 315/35ZR17 rears. I do not have the wheels shown in Mick's post.

Added a Tom Gasper (Tommy's Speed Shop) targa bar and EM Racing harness bar

Replaced the Magnaflow mufflers with Corsa's to eliminate resonance

Replaced Mick's solid engine mounts with new poly ones to reduce vibration

The car runs great. It is fast, loud and a bit obnoxious if you are not used to this level of power. Mick did the suspension right and the car handles well and is very stable when driving aggressively.

I have everything I took off including the 700R4/TC/shifter as well as a pick-up truck load of original parts Mick gave me when I bought the car. EDIT: The transmission, torque converter, and shifter have been sold separately.

I have pictures and a stack of receipts from Mick's work as well as my own. Have the dyno sheets from TPiS.

This is a unique C4 in excellent condition and I would miss it if it sells. My wife and I bought a weekend place early last year and I just don't have time to drive it anymore.

Attachment 48119535

Attachment 48119536

Attachment 48119537

Attachment 48119538

Attachment 48119539

1993C4LT1 07-14-2017 04:36 PM

Very nice car:cool: Was it ZF swapped when you bought it? If not, how hard was it to do, or did you get someone to swap it for you? PM if you wish. Didn't mean to go off topic.

cv67 07-15-2017 09:50 AM

This car was done right youd have to see it up close to appreciate the work Mick put into it. Not just a cleaned up C4 with a motor....good to see the car is around. LOT of $ and time into this one :cheers:

the cost of powdercoating alone would be staggering;to build this would easily cost twice the asking price

OP a walkaround video and sound clip on boobtube may help;the guy who has done this before will see the value in buying one done be patient

TimV SR 07-15-2017 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette (Post 1595150061)
This car was done right youd have to see it up close to appreciate the work Mick put into it. Not just a cleaned up C4 with a motor....good to see the car is around. LOT of $ and time into this one :cheers:

the cost of powdercoating alone would be staggering;to build this would easily cost twice the asking price

OP a walkaround video and sound clip on boobtube may help;the guy who has done this before will see the value in buying one done be patient

Thanks for the reply. I know there are still a few people here who know Mick and know this car. It is a work of art.

I have the receipts to show the price in the OP is less than half of what went into the car.

Making a video is a great idea.

TimV SR 07-15-2017 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1 (Post 1595146571)
Very nice car:cool: Was it ZF swapped when you bought it? If not, how hard was it to do, or did you get someone to swap it for you? PM if you wish. Didn't mean to go off topic.

I did the ZF swap myself. The car came set up for the strip with a high stall torque converter and B&M shifter. If I had any interest in running it on the strip, I would have left it alone.
This project went well and I would do it again, but everything on this car is like brand new and very nice to work on. The only issues I had was trying to use a stock clutch fork and throw-out bearing. At the time, a pivot stud was not available and mine was worn. Once I decided to scrap that idea and go with the Ram clutch, it was all downhill. PM me if you want more details.

TimV SR 12-19-2017 08:53 AM

Bump for offers

88BlackZ-51 12-28-2017 04:56 PM

Beautiful car but you may have to come down a touch.......

Put a ton of pics up to assist you in selling the beast.

TimV SR 12-28-2017 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51 (Post 1596266879)
Beautiful car but you may have to come down a touch.......

Put a ton of pics up to assist you in selling the beast.

I planned to post a video, but then the snow came.

I'll get some more pics posted. Thanks. There are a bunch of pictures in the link. It looks the same except for the trans and mufflers

pologreen1 01-09-2018 06:01 PM

Wow! I don't even remember him selling it. Pics will sell the car. That this was pristine and I assume it still is. He did some super neat and clean crafty work on it IIRC.

TimV SR 05-14-2019 05:04 AM

TTT
Any interest at $16,000?
Need the garage space for another project.

TLS_Addict 05-14-2019 11:06 AM

I remember this car from years ago and drooling over it.

Awesome car with a lot of time, effort, and attention to detail put into every aspect.

Good luck. If I had the extra space and wasn't building another car right now I would be interested. I want a C4 ZR-1 but this is a beast of a car

TimV SR 05-16-2019 08:00 AM

I have some video of it running. I can text or email it until I figure out how to post it

Mitsumark 08-01-2020 10:44 AM

What ever happened with this car? Did it sell?

TimV SR 08-01-2020 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mitsumark (Post 1601939091)
What ever happened with this car? Did it sell?

No, I still have it. Had two potential buyers last year; one with a lower price offer and another who needed to take delivery no sooner than year-end which was 6 months out. I hadn't driven the car in a while and after requests for pics and videos, had it out and noticed an issue that felt like a slightly bad wheel bearing. The car was a little loose. I replaced one wheel bearing and the rear toe rod assembly with a complete Banski kit. Fixed the problem, but family matters took my attention off the car.
2020 update: Started driving the car more and remember why I bought it in the first place. Switched from non-ethanol 91 octane gas to 93 Premium and find the car runs smoother at lower RPMs. Bought a 4-post lift to free up space in the garage and now have no need to sell it.
Would entertain offers, but not anxious to sell.

Mitsumark 08-02-2020 09:59 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2908f72e08.png
Tim..I was cruising through the C4 classifieds and remember this car being for sale awhile back.I used to own a C4Z and currently have a fully built Procharged C5..While most never look back once upgrading from a C4,or wont consider one at all,,I miss the C4 a lot..I remember seeing yours and wishing I had some free funds to buy it..Unfortunately that is still the case but I felt the need to go 8 pages back to see if it was still out there.It is a long shot but I'll ask anyway.Do you have any interest in trade offers? I have a very nice example of an 05 MB E55 AMG..Very nicely modded,makes 511whp,very clean,low miles,no issues...If not,,I have been considering putting it up for sale in order to get into another C4..If you want to PM me your location and phone #, I'd like to reach out incase the funds become available in the near future.Thanks..

TimV SR 07-20-2021 07:46 PM

Bump for offers
Wife and I are buying a farm on a dirt road. I haven't been driving the car and probably won't in the future. I'm thinking it deserves a better home.

cv67 07-20-2021 08:54 PM

Nice Benz....Micks car was a hit around here, that is a well put together machine as Im sure you know. He did stuff right or wouldnt do it at all.
You see his 69 Camaro be built before he passed? Insane. He used to own the Silver Bullit GTX in the 70s.
Dont give that car away, theres bone stock low milers getting crazy money yours needs a buyer who sees its a complete build not a car with parts stuck on it.

fdmech1 07-21-2021 07:34 AM

So the current asking price is $ 16,000 ? Location? Thanks

TimV SR 07-26-2021 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by cv67 (Post 1603758482)
Nice Benz....Micks car was a hit around here, that is a well put together machine as Im sure you know. He did stuff right or wouldnt do it at all.
You see his 69 Camaro be built before he passed? Insane. He used to own the Silver Bullit GTX in the 70s.
Dont give that car away, theres bone stock low milers getting crazy money yours needs a buyer who sees its a complete build not a car with parts stuck on it.

Mick sold the Corvette when he was building the Camaro. I saw the engine and some other parts when I picked up the Corvette at his place north of Detroit in 2013.. He sent me pictures while he was building it and after it was done. It won awards at the Detroit Autorama.

TimV SR 07-26-2021 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by fdmech1 (Post 1603759584)
So the current asking price is $ 16,000 ? Location? Thanks

Meadville, PA 16335