CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   Interior sound from Corsa Xtreme exhaust (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/4015310-interior-sound-from-corsa-xtreme-exhaust.html)

Chappie 07-15-2017 01:13 PM

Interior sound from Corsa Xtreme exhaust

We've ordered a 2018 LBR Stingray and plan to keep it original except for an aftermarket exhaust and think I have settled on Corsa. But can't decide between Sport and Xtreme. I'm thinking the latter because in the videos it sounds wicked. However, can anyone tell me what the Xtreme sounds like inside the car in cruise on Tour mode?

When I am by myself I'll likely be in Sport, but when we are together we'll probably be in Tour mode and I don't really want the noise level that we have in our 30-series Flowmaster-equipped '79.

Chappie

Steve Garrett 07-15-2017 02:05 PM

I have the Corsa Extreme and LOVE IT. I rarely use the radio anymore, and I'm a radio disc jockey here in Kansas City.

lakemg 07-15-2017 04:12 PM

Is your stingray coming with the NPP exhaust?

Steve Garrett 07-15-2017 11:30 PM

Yes! It is a Z51, so it came with the NPP. Just know that the Corsa Extreme eliminates your NPP capability. I never turned off the NPP anyway. I left it wide open all the time.

Trust me-you'll thank me if you decide on the Extreme. Even my wife was commenting tonight on how good it sounds, even inside the car!

Chappie 07-17-2017 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Steven Bell (Post 1595153998)
Yes! It is a Z51, so it came with the NPP. Just know that the Corsa Extreme eliminates your NPP capability. I never turned off the NPP anyway. I left it wide open all the time.

Trust me-you'll thank me if you decide on the Extreme. Even my wife was commenting tonight on how good it sounds, even inside the car!

Thanks for your response and happy to hear that, like our '79's Flowmasters, that the Corsair exhaust provides wonderful music to the ears. :cool: However, I want to be sure that when we are cruising on the highway together that the exhaust note is not too obtrusive and that we'd still be able to carry on a normal conversation if we go with the Xtreme.

Chappie

Jeff_314159 07-17-2017 02:56 PM

I have the Corsa extreme, along with headers and x-pipe. When cruising at normal street or even highway speeds, there is virtually no drone. The car can be very quiet when its not under load, it's actually quite surprising. When you open it up and go full throttle it sounds like the gates of hell have opened up and the entire car roars and shakes, it is extremely intense. For me personally I think it's too loud for my taste, but I do get a lot of compliments, so overall I think you will like it. When coming home late at night through my HOA-restricted strict community, I have no problem making it to my house without making much noise.

Chappie 07-17-2017 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff_314159 (Post 1595163497)
I have the Corsa extreme, along with headers and x-pipe. When cruising at normal street or even highway speeds, there is virtually no drone. The car can be very quiet when its not under load, it's actually quite surprising. When you open it up and go full throttle it sounds like the gates of hell have opened up and the entire car roars and shakes, it is extremely intense. For me personally I think it's too loud for my taste, but I do get a lot of compliments, so overall I think you will like it. When coming home late at night through my HOA-restricted strict community, I have no problem making it to my house without making much noise.

Great! That is just what I was wanting to know. Thanks Jeff and thanks to Steven as well.

Chappie