CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Best Thing I Ever Bought (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4015913-best-thing-i-ever-bought.html)

The Kraken 07-16-2017 09:12 PM

Best Thing I Ever Bought

Really hot here in TN this summer. We have a smoked top on the coupe and man does the sun really heat up the interior. After looking into options to control the sunlight, I found a cover that you just stick onto the underside of the top and it looks just like a headliner in a car. Well let me tell ya, this thing is the best money on a modification that I ever spent. Total transformation and removal of that oppressive sunlight and heat build up. I don't have the painted top with mine, 3rd owner, and a new one is way to expensive. So if anybody else is sick of the heat in the car, get one of these covers. Got mine from West Coast Corvette. I believe that are a forum vendor. Great service and a superb product. Just throwing my 2c out there for something that may help us coupe owners.

Vette_DD 07-16-2017 09:17 PM

That's why all of my C6 coupes had a solid color top.

But, thanks anyway.

J3TVETTE 07-16-2017 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vette_DD (Post 1595159086)
That's why all of my C6 coupes had a solid color top.

But, thanks anyway.

Agreed 100%. Never liked the clear roof.

jbc1995fb 07-16-2017 09:53 PM

Welcome to the forum. I have both tops, a must have in the Texas heat.

What color is your car? Post some pics.

jrose7004 07-16-2017 10:19 PM

That's the whole reason why I don't have or want a Lexan top.

Bat66 07-16-2017 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Kraken (Post 1595159045)
Really hot here in TN this summer. We have a smoked top on the coupe and man does the sun really heat up the interior. After looking into options to control the sunlight, I found a cover that you just stick onto the underside of the top and it looks just like a headliner in a car. Well let me tell ya, this thing is the best money on a modification that I ever spent. Total transformation and removal of that oppressive sunlight and heat build up. I don't have the painted top with mine, 3rd owner, and a new one is way to expensive. So if anybody else is sick of the heat in the car, get one of these covers. Got mine from West Coast Corvette. I believe that are a forum vendor. Great service and a superb product. Just throwing my 2c out there for something that may help us coupe owners.

I'm in Texas also and also have a clear top, I agree best mod money can buy.

wayback 07-17-2017 06:52 AM

My car came with both tops. Tried the lexan top but just too friggen hot here in Texas so I sold it within the first year. Don't miss it a bit.:D

ben dover 07-17-2017 07:30 AM

Only way to go.:thumbs:

NashvilleGrandSport 07-17-2017 08:03 AM

I am in Tennessee and have had the clear top on for the last year and a half. The A/C does its job, so no issue. I have the suction cup headliner... I've used it once.

SixAddict 07-17-2017 08:50 AM

Since I installed my headliner I have never taken it off. When its time to go topless, I leave it with the top. I agree great invention. :cheers:

86SC 07-17-2017 08:56 AM

i love the see through top...

Red08 07-17-2017 09:25 AM

I got one too, and yes, they are nice on really hot sunny days. I do like the transparent top, so there is no getting ride of that.

Kenny94945 07-17-2017 09:50 AM

2002 Firebird T-Tops had a similar OEM sunshade for the Top Tops.
Looked like headliner material and I recall installed with Velcro attaching points.

Great idea/ product...it does work well.

Frankie15 07-17-2017 10:18 AM

Yeah, the clear top is an absolute no-no in the Florida summer here. Luckily, my car came with both. I have the painted top in the summer and the clear top in the "winter".

TorchRedFred 07-17-2017 10:28 AM

That's why having both tops is a great option. I went through a lot of trouble to get a color matched top to go along with my clear top. As an added bonus, I like being able to change the look up on my car every so often. I feel as though the color matched top gives the car a more sportier look, IMO. But hot summer days, definitely gets the solid color top. I also have the 2 piece suction style shade for my clear top, and it does work great when needed.

C6 Snowboarder 07-17-2017 11:07 AM

Here in the Blue Skies of Seattle where it will be 78deg again today - I welcome the transparent top ... the sun shining thru feels good. but if was back in Iowa today - it might be a different story.:thumbs:

ben z 07-17-2017 12:18 PM

Mine came with just the clear top (on build sticker, that's apparently how it was purchased). It also came with a static-cling liner with little perforations all over. SoFL here, hot as Satan's long johns, no problem with interior heat. Car has black interior and no window filming. THe Vette is cooler after sitting out all day than my 911 with metal roof, tan interior and ceramic window film.

The only issue I have with the clear top are some craze lines which I expect may get worse over time. Hopefully it's just in the clear coat and a good body shop will be able to remove and respray it. If not and it gets too shabby looking I'll get a used solid top and have it painted a midnight blue to simulate the look of the clear top, which I happen to like better than the all-red look.

2L8LUZ 07-17-2017 12:19 PM

What ever happen to T-Tops?? LOL

They introduced T-Tops back in the day when they outlawed convertibles as a way to give customers the same experience... But Still!!!

Not So Fast 07-17-2017 01:00 PM

HOT, you want HOT just come here during the summer months :( I think honestly we have averaged over 110' for the last 5 weeks or so :toetap:
No see thru top for me ever, our Camry came with one and its never been opened :lol:
Yet I see "sun lovers" driving in their convertibles, top down just enjoying the hell out if it :confused2: In the summer yet.
But we're old also :yesnod:
NSF

JohnR2000 07-17-2017 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2L8LUZ (Post 1595162277)
What ever happen to T-Tops?? LOL

They introduced T-Tops back in the day when they outlawed convertibles as a way to give customers the same experience... But Still!!!

I had T-Tops on my 80 Corvette and then my 84 Z-28. Tops were stolen off of both cars. Drove me crazy.