CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Who to trust to work on my vette Pinehurst NC (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/4025666-who-to-trust-to-work-on-my-vette-pinehurst-nc.html)

2004-Z06 08-07-2017 07:45 AM

Who to trust to work on my vette Pinehurst NC

Trying to find Chevy dealer in Pinehurst NC area to trust working on my Vette. I just bought a 2004 Z06 with 14,000 original miles and sometimes it doesn't want to go into 2nd gear. Not always and not related to RPMs. Other than that the car is perfect. Just want to find a chevy dealer I can trust.

2004-Z06

MAC5 08-07-2017 08:12 AM

I use GMP Automotive in Apex, about an hour from you straight up US 1. Owners are both GM master mechanics. I've recently had them replace my 98's shifter cable, harmonic balancer, water pump and belts. Steve and Wayne know the C5 inside and out. Here's the link to there site: http://www.gmpautomotiveinc.com/

The Rabbi 08-07-2017 02:34 PM

Every Chevy dealer should have a Vette tech. Go meet him. Make friends. Worked for me at the local dealer. I always get a parts and labor discount.

2004-Z06 08-12-2017 09:52 PM

Are there any corvette clubs near Pinehurst NC.

Looking to find any local corvette clubs near Pinehurst NC.

FX VETTE 08-12-2017 10:47 PM

I do all my work on my own Vette, been there, seen it - don't trust nobody. IfI don't know how to do something, I will google the sh*t out of it until I learn how.

Good luck Brosef!

CalF 08-12-2017 11:04 PM

Does it refuse to go into 2nd or just takes a bit more effort?The T56 had an issue shifting into 2nd and GM kept using them.My 04z also is a little tricky shifting into 2nd when the trans oil is cold , so i have to pay a little more attention till it gets warmed up.After it is warm it is fine.I would change fluid in trans and rear and also use the Ranger method on the clutch fluid before going to any shop.Also confirm the CAGS is not the issue.

2004-Z06 08-13-2017 06:27 AM

When it does not want to go into second it refuses. I found out yesterday that the RPMs must be above a certain point to go into second gear. It seems that it is intential design from the factory. Surprised me but so far it appears to be right. Maybe I was babying it a little.

Thank you everyone for helping me out.

Still looking for any corvette clubs near Pinehurst or If others seeing this want to start a group on our own. All it takes it a couple that would want to go on rides once a month!

runner140* 08-13-2017 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by 2004-Z06 (Post 1595307756)
Trying to find Chevy dealer in Pinehurst NC area to trust working on my Vette. I just bought a 2004 Z06 with 14,000 original miles and sometimes it doesn't want to go into 2nd gear. Not always and not related to RPMs. Other than that the car is perfect. Just want to find a chevy dealer I can trust.

2004-Z06

Isn't Pinehurst near Fayetteville, the home of the 82nd Airborne Division?

Locate the local Corvette club and find out who they use. I think the name is Cape Fear Corvette Club but not sure, look it up and get in touch with them for some recommendations.:thumbs:

Oh yeah...don't use a dealership/stealership, use a Corvette Shop.

99mike 08-13-2017 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by 2004-Z06 (Post 1595350217)
When it does not want to go into second it refuses. I found out yesterday that the RPMs must be above a certain point to go into second gear. It seems that it is intential design from the factory. Surprised me but so far it appears to be right. Maybe I was babying it a little.

Thank you everyone for helping me out.

Still looking for any corvette clubs near Pinehurst or If others seeing this want to start a group on our own. All it takes it a couple that would want to go on rides once a month!

Try a skip shift eliminator. Can be found on Amazon. As far as clubs, there is one in Fayetteville. Cape Fear Team Corvette. There is also one in Raleigh, RTP Corvettes.

Mike