CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Photobucket has killed the internet (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/4027790-photobucket-has-killed-the-internet.html)

Roddy13 08-11-2017 06:41 PM

Photobucket has killed the internet

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...44f1d6e2f.jpeg
^^^ What is with this crap lately? I cant research much of anything, all of these legacy photos and historic information from forum members are seemingly gone.

I'm seeing this across many forums. What a PITA.

:worthlessnopics: <--- Photobucket take note you bunch of dipshits.

Pounder 08-11-2017 07:03 PM

never used it, upload my pic's from my PC !!!!

Velocity_Vette 08-11-2017 07:09 PM

This is why most automotive forums, be it CorvetteForum or otherwise, typically strongly stress that you utilize their photo hosting services. Places like Photobucket and similar are fine for holding copies of photographs but shouldn't 100% be relied on as they're out of a particular forum's control. I know that many utilize mobile devices nowadays to browse forums which can make some photo utilization difficult but mobile devices have yet to completely take over our daily lives and there should be something in possession that allows one to use a forum's hosting services easily.

dbgoodwin 08-11-2017 07:29 PM

Yeah... it's really killed off so many great old writeups.

Really saf

Stephen Meredith 08-11-2017 08:06 PM

Exactly! Every question I've had in the 2 weeks I've owned my vette, I have searched for instead of making a new thread. And every answer was posted with photobucket pics.

I don't know why more people don't use Imgur

~Josh 08-11-2017 08:22 PM

I use shutterfly. Free.

pewter99 08-11-2017 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ~Josh (Post 1595343046)
I use shutterfly. Free.

so was PB at one time...

dbgoodwin 08-11-2017 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ~Josh (Post 1595343046)
I use shutterfly. Free.

yeah... that's how we got into this predicament. Free for a while.

Black 02 08-11-2017 08:52 PM

It's ruined so many great DIY articles. I think they want $300-400 a year now to host images. I guess all good things must come to an end, but still, it stinks!

FX VETTE 08-11-2017 09:04 PM

Welcome to last month.

FX VETTE 08-11-2017 09:06 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...61973cfb20.jpg
Just use this ^

IrishViking505 08-11-2017 09:24 PM

photobucket has changed and now, if you want to be able to post your photos on a site like this one, you have to pay them (photobucket) some unreasonably high membership fees!

calguy 08-11-2017 10:10 PM

I use Fotki, but it isn't free.
$24.00 a year.

Bob

CactusCat 08-11-2017 11:03 PM

Photobucket didn't kill the internet but they might have killed themselves. By making so many people unhappy, there will be repercussions. Exposure will drop off (maybe dramatically) and the advertising $$ that comes in from that exposure will drop as well. Anyone that would pay the extortionist fees that PB was asking is crazy. I simply moved my photos from PB back to my computer and then I've edited some of my posts and removed the PB link and then uploaded my original pics back to CF. Works perfectly but takes a little time.

Dark Sarcasm 08-11-2017 11:13 PM

I was so happy buying a 15 year old car. All the problems had been figured out and fixes posted on forums everywhere. Unfortunately the C5 is in the forum internet era where Photobucket made it soooooo easy to upload, store and post pictures. Of course the forums caught up to the tech, but it's too late for the C5. A lot of good info and data is share from photobucket and a lot of owners of those pics aren't on here, don't have C5s anymore, or understandably don't have the time to update 15 year old threads.

Vetteman Jack 08-11-2017 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by CactusCat (Post 1595343854)
Photobucket didn't kill the internet but they might have killed themselves. By making so many people unhappy, there will be repercussions. Exposure will drop off (maybe dramatically) and the advertising $$ that comes in from that exposure will drop as well. Anyone that would pay the extortionist fees that PB was asking is crazy. I simply moved my photos from PB back to my computer and then I've edited some of my posts and removed the PB link and then uploaded my original pics back to CF. Works perfectly but takes a little time.

This. Really stupid move on PhotoBucket's part.

MSG C5 08-11-2017 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by CactusCat (Post 1595343854)

I agree. I still have most of my photos that I posted there, so they can have them. I'm not paying them after being inundated by ads, spamwear, and other virus attacks over the years.

Tsumi 08-12-2017 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Stephen Meredith (Post 1595342954)
Exactly! Every question I've had in the 2 weeks I've owned my vette, I have searched for instead of making a new thread. And every answer was posted with photobucket pics.

I don't know why more people don't use Imgur

Because Photobucket was one of the first, easy to use, and everyone used it back then. Kinda like Myspace.

CactusCat 08-12-2017 12:23 AM

Check this:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/emmawoo.../#6cad6de04a38

mstromquist 08-12-2017 12:35 AM

I for one deleted all my photos from there (already had them stored on my PC anyway) and then I deleted my account.