CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-parts-for-sale-wanted-55/)
-   -   FS: ★Quiet Down Your Interior in Seconds!! / Blockit Sound Deadener - FORUM SPECIAL (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-parts-for-sale-wanted/4037888-quiet-down-your-interior-in-seconds-blockit-sound-deadener-forum-special.html)

TKO Performance 09-03-2017 12:00 AM

★Quiet Down Your Interior in Seconds!! / Blockit Sound Deadener - FORUM SPECIAL

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...c680cd9ee6.jpg

Right Now Get FREE S&H
The box is rather large so save big with our FREE S&H CORVETTE FORUM SPECIAL!!

Quiet Down Your Interior in SECONDS!!!!
with the BLOCKIT Quick & Quiet 3 Piece System. (For 84-96- Coupe)

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...46968840b3.png

Reduce interior noise in SECONDS by simply dropping in the pre cut BLOCKIT Quick & Quiet sound deadening mats right over your existing carpet!
No Adhesive.
This is NOT a thin single layered mat.
The BLOCKIT is a unique combination of 4 infused layers of real acoustical soundproofing which measures 1" thick! You loose no room in your cargo or trunk area because the Blockit squeezes down to 1/8"!

Its patent pending design absorbs and suppresses unpleasant sounds that leak into your interiors cabin. It’s perfect for taking that annoying edge off tire / road noise & some aftermarket exhausts.
NO need to rip out your carpet & interior! The precision pre cut BLOCKIT Sound Deadening System lays right over your carpet!
One large piece fits perfect in your cargo area. One piece goes behind each seat.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...0d14197853.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...a2f6779512.jpg

The large cargo mat is cut in the middle to allow you to easily lift the mat for access to your compartments.
These maximizes the amount of sound deadening material for noise reduction.
The durable UV protected top layer looks great and allows you to still use your cargo area. Feel free to place an aftermarket cargo mat on top!
Since it’s removable & reusable you can always take the Blockit out on track events. Install back for the trip home.
The BLOCKIT also helps keep your cargo/trunk area cooler by suppressing heat from underneath too!

Your 84-96 Corvette is an American icon. Treat it right with actual acoustical material made here in the USA!
All made under strict ISO standards.
So quick so efficient, we had filed for a patent!

3 Piece System 1 large cargo and 1 for behind each seat.

Below shows (on a C7) where the pieces goes behind the seat.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...98e486f272.jpg

[/B]Right Now Get FREE S&H

Securely order online!
http://www.tkoperformance.com/84-96-...nds_p_710.html

Any Questions, feel free to call us! 1800 778 9898[/SIZE]

Some feed back from forum members...

Originally Posted by Gymbow (Post 1592481410)
I installed the 3 piece system and finally got a chance to do a test drive this evening. I was very pleasantly surprised how well it worked as the improvement was immediately noticeable. The noise level inside the cabin was reduced and I had to lower the radio volume since it was so much easier to hear. I can still hear the nice sound of the engine & exhaust, but without the annoying road noises. Very pleased with this purchase.

Originally Posted by djpatrick35 (Post 1592038464)
It definitely made a big difference for me. It took all of a minute to put in my car and did have a noticeable effect on the sound. Great product.

Originally Posted by thptrek (Post 1576862948)
I installed the Blockit sound insulation mat and the behind the seat panels this weekend and I am very impressed. The mat just goes in the hatch area and the fit is excellent. I installed the two panels that go behind the seats behind the carpet. The carpet in that area is not tacked down so it is easy to do.
The mat looks very polished in the rear cargo area so I don't think that I will add an aftermarket cargo mat on top of it.

While commuting to work this morning on the freeway I really did notice a difference. I did not have to crank the radio way up and the voices and music were much clearer.

If you are looking for a real easy sound insulation solution I would recommend this product.

Originally Posted by C6Vette2009 (Post 1576863191)
Great product! It does work. I also bought the LLoyds cargo mat for the hatch and now the car is super quiet. It's worth the money! :thumbs:

Originally Posted by snowman0920 (Post 1576874579)
I just put one in my '05 coupe. The difference in interior sound was instantly noticable. After cranking it up I had to put the window down a little to make sure the engine was running OK.

Originally Posted by Joy c7 (Post 1592035375)
Worth it, made a big difference.

It did however, take me double the 30 second recommended install time, due to me flopping it in there upside down and then having to take it out and flip it over because I didn't read the instructions. :smash:

Originally Posted by casting kid (Post 1576898378)
I install on my 2005 and could tell a difference immediately. Now I know when the wife is in the car!:rofl:Great product, does what Ed claims.

Originally Posted by RtStuf (Post 1576905265)
Very pleased w this addition!:D

Originally Posted by Brian@RPT (Post 1576934072)
I have had mine over a year and love it.

Originally Posted by barduch (Post 1576934932)
Very evident reduction of noise level. Easy install under the factory carpet behind the seats as per the instructions and the rear mat was cut to perfection. Well worth the $ spent.

Originally Posted by vince48 (Post 1577672877)
Ed,
I finally received my Block It yesterday. Install was less than 10 minutes and YES it does make a differents. Well worth the wait.
Vincent

Originally Posted by Nick996 (Post 1578514361)
I got mine yesterday and installed it last night.

First drive to work this morning and I can tell you it makes a big difference. Those that say it doesn't must have some really frickn' loud exhausts.
It took the resonance away that the road puts through the rear hatch area (hatch floor, plastic) and the road noise from the tires is probably cut in half.
There's also a noticeable "quietness" inside the rear now that I never had before. I always had that "white noise" behind my head from all the noises coming from the rear hatch area. Now it sounds like the entire car is quieter.
It made such a difference I am no longer worried about putting dynamat or peel and seal in my car. I will however still do the peel and seal on the floor boards under the car because now that the rear is so much quiter I hear road noise from under the car... lol.

Overall, it's a great buy and I'm glad I bought mine!! :thumbs:

Originally Posted by iridelow (Post 1573821687)
To start with, I am not a vender and do not sell these things, but WOW! What a difference.:eek: I have an 05 vert with borla stingers and love the sound. But on the interstate and highway speeds, the car is just kind of loud. Not just from the exhaust, but from road noise. So I bought the new "blockit' insolation kit sold here on the forum. Not the kind that requires you to remove the carpet or anything. Just put two pads behind the seats and one pad in you truck, or cargo area for a coupe. I drove my car at 70+ MPH for a good ways last night and WOW!!! Much smoother and peacefull sound. The stereo sounded better and the car just seems so much quieter in the cab area. I have had a C6 coupe and now have a C6 vert, and I promise you, this thing works! Just wanted to shout out a nice mod.:cheers:

Originally Posted by BB 2005 (Post 1573947525)
installed yesterday, wife noticed the difference! Works for me. Seems to work despite the lack of software or complex electronics:thumbs:

Originally Posted by C607RF (Post 1571378677)
I received the BLOCKIT from TKO Performance just in time for
me to test it on a run to NCM. Install was a snap.
Good product, promptly shipped,
The noise difference is very noticeable and makes the Bose sound better. I am very happy with this
purchase.."

Rich, Cinn. OHIO

Originally Posted by Wass (Post 1571457160)
I was at Carlisle and the Blockit was sold out, so I bought the demo kit that was inside the Corvette parked under the TKO tent. In my opinion, it was worth it because it works. My C6 is very loud, as it is cammed, etc., with headers & NPP. It has an annoying low rpm drone. With muffler flaps open it is unbearable for cruising below 1,950 rpms. Even with flaps closed, the drone was very annoying below 1,950. Most of my cruising is between 1,700 and 1,950 rpms in 6th gear with 4.10 gears. With the blockit installed, the drone is gone at these rpms with flaps closed. Not just reduced, but gone. Below 1,700 drone is reduced to a bearable level.

With muffler flaps open the drone is reduced with the kit, but still louder than my comfort level. But it's a moot point now.

Originally Posted by LOUSVETTE (Post 1573965421)
Worth the couple of bucks it costs

Originally Posted by okbkvette (Post 1573966345)
Did it myself last week. Like it. I also put the pieces behind the seats UNDER the carpet. Cleaner look.

Originally Posted by Dif (Post 1573966442)
I have it also and give it a :thumbs:
Glad I got it and it makes a nice difference :cheers:

Originally Posted by T's C6 (Post 1573972092)
:iagree::thumbs::cheers:

Originally Posted by laread (Post 1573972929)
I bought it from TKO as part of the group purchase. I think it is well worth the investment. It really reduces cabin noise from the Goodyear run flat tires.

Originally Posted by Jakeross (Post 1570533606)
I have had mine installed about a week. The noise difference is very noticable and makes the Bose sound better. I am very happy with this purchase. Not able to tell about the cabin heat since it has been in t:thumbs:the 100's here. :thumbs:

Originally Posted by 9C1 (Post 1570558897)
I'm happy with my BLOCKIT drop in kit. I have had it on several road trips and it does work. Easy install too. I can't say about the heat. It was relatively cool last few weeks. Now Summer is here.

Originally Posted by rpoz06 (Post 1587466678)
Having had Blockit in my Z06 - I thought it did a great job reducing noise so I added it to the C7 - Z51.

It arrived packaged well. Easy install with a precise fit. I was able to use the rings and shade. I found it able to make a nice noise reduction on all surfaces around Little Rock including interstate and different road surfaces including concrete and asphalt.
I'm very happy with the product!

Originally Posted by doopoco (Post 1588411484)
…..On rough pavement we can actually have a conversation without yelling. Stereo sounds great but we can still hear and feel that awesome exhaust!

Thanks TKO

Originally Posted by Boiler2 (Post 1589709871)
Installed on my C7 Z06. TRANSFORMATIONAL! The reduction in tire noise is astonishing. Being an engineer I had planned to use my laboratory dB meter to measure noise levels with and without the TKO Blockit kit. As it turns out there is no need to do so because the noise reduction is truly dramatic. This kit is a "must have" for all but deaf C7 owners. I had a '14 Z51 which had hellacious tire noise. I was exhausted after driving it for 3-4 hours. The '15 Z06 was significantly quieter and rides more smoothly....think Chevy vehicle engineers softened the suspension bushings. Seems to be well known that the '15 is a quieter car. Just can't believe how such a relatively inexpensive and easily installed kit can be so effective. I could now drive the car across country....yes, it's that good.

Originally Posted by Spinny (Post 1590799269)
I have used this product on my C6 and C7 and am very satisfied. It works as advertised.

Originally Posted by tome (Post 1591105811)
Well, I had a chance to test drive my car on some roads that previously had some serious tire noise due to the road conditions. For the ease of installation and simpleness of the product; I'm very pleased with the it. I was able to lower my radio volume from where it used to be, and hold conversations without raising my voice. In fact I am now aware of other noises that I hadn't previously heard.
So bottom line: I'd recommend(your hearing my vary) .
I can't say it's equal to the kits that require full interior dis-assembly since I didn't do that, but I definitely feel there is value in the product. If you are in Southern Calif and want to try in your car, come by and we'll throw it in and you can hear for yourself. Or just take my car for a test drive.

Tom

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Originally Posted by C7X46 (Post 1593713391)
I installed these two items to help with road noise and was blown away at the difference it made. The reduction in noise from the rear of the car is staggering, I highly suggest it if you are annoyed by tire noise. Be careful in touring mode you might fall asleep.

Originally Posted by GizmoZ (Post 1591167723)
I ordered two sets of the three piece kit-- one for me and one for my dad. We both agree that there is absolutely a noticeable difference after the mats were installed. The car is noticeably quieter at highway speeds. We're both happy with them!

Originally Posted by GizmoZ (Post 1592033404)
We're still happy with ours. Definitely takes the edge off tire noise/rumble on the highway.

Originally Posted by MRHTRD (Post 1591413458)
Received my set of sound deadeners yesterday and promptly installed them in about 10 minutes.

Started the car in my garage and could hardly hear the exhaust with the windows up. Backed it outside ( a lot of snow here now ) and tried the same thing, windows down ,windows up. I will not get to take the Z06 out until spring, but I can tell you that there is a substantial difference in the noise factor just sitting in the car and listening to it run.

Great product. Can't wait to do a more extensive test in the spring, but initially this seems to be a great product !!

Many thanks,
Dave

Originally Posted by txapezl1 (Post 1591624766)
Got mine in today. 5 minute install. Works great. Fit and finish on point. Nicely done. Highly recommend. Not a bad way to spend $220. (In my Toretto voice).

Originally Posted by griff122 (Post 1591885122)
:iagree: I just installed mine (took about 2 min) and the difference is night and day. Definitely recommend.

Originally Posted by joemessman (Post 1591768018)
I installed the basic 3 piece set and they really cut down on the road and noise.

Originally Posted by tr6drvr (Post 1591776503)
3pc set with aftermarket carpet on top in hatch works great. Almost too great for exhaust sound. :D

I installed Mich A/S tires which helped a lot but the Block-it mats finished the job. Almost no road and tire noise. And I still have the deadmats to install if I want.

Originally Posted by iew (Post 1591916040)
I can now carry a conversation and listen to radio. The Blockit Kit was super easy to install maybe 5 minutes. Amazing reduction of road noise.

Originally Posted by The Sea (Post 1591981241)
Got mine for my 16 coupe and works like a charm..Very easy to install.

Jerry in Minnesota.

Originally Posted by zras01 (Post 1592102138)
I added the "blockit" to my 2008 C6 and it made a huge difference in the cabin noise. I can actually have a conversation and/or listen to the radio without the overwhelming road noise that is usually generated in the cargo area. Great Product.

Originally Posted by mtaxman (Post 1592136271)
Just got my Blockit mats today and did a roadtest on the concrete I16 around Savannah and a couple miles on local black top.
Super easy install - drop in and forget it. I have a coupe.
Big rear mat had the slits for rings.
Put my Stingray logo rear carpet on top of the mat and also put the mats behind the seats.
I can tell a difference in noise ; can hear the radio better and believe a long cruise will be far more pleasant.

Originally Posted by joemessman (Post 1592118589)
I have the Blockit mats. My wife can hear like you wouldn't believe. She is the perfect test for these. She stated to me that there was a significant difference in sound reduction. That's good enough for me. I thought there was a difference too, but I didn't want to rule out wishful thinking on my part so I had her listen before and after.

Originally Posted by NSC5 (Post 1592137495)
I put it in my 2016 Z06 last week and the difference is very noticeable. Less tire noise, radio volume setting is lower now and much more enjoyable. As another poster noted the exhaust sound now stands out more; my Z06 exhaust is normally set to track mode.

I did notice the action of the Bose audio pilot (auto volume compensation) is much more noticeable now and I turned it off.

Originally Posted by Travlee (Post 1594168843)
obviously super simple to put install, in a 10 min trip to the store... noticeably quieter. i have LTH, high flow cats, and factory npp. to me it sounded like i had the flaps closed.. maybe even more quiet than that.
…… is it worth the $230?? to me yeah, because i am lazy don't want to pull all the carpet out.... so with that being said, money well spent to me

Originally Posted by peterg943 (Post 1592870241)
I received and installed my "Block It" order today. Took the car out for a ride when I was done and found it was much quieter. In my opinion, this stuff is fantastic. I do have to say that covering it with the mat completes the look.

Right Now Get FREE S&H

Securely order online!
http://www.tkoperformance.com/84-96-...nds_p_710.html

Any Questions, feel free to call us! 1800 778 9898[/SIZE]

TKO Performance 09-20-2017 01:38 PM

Thank you for the orders.! We blew the last batch out. However more are being made. We should have these back in stock shortly:thumbs:

We apologize for the delay but we will have these out asap!

TKO Performance 09-25-2017 02:52 PM

Will be in stock soon :cheers:

TKO Performance 10-06-2017 12:41 PM

Thank you for the orders. I apologize for the delay. Should be in stock next week. We will ship them out as soon as they are done.

:cheers:

TKO Performance 10-17-2017 08:56 AM

Back in stock!

All orders have shipped! Tracking numbers have been emailed. - Thank you:thumbs:

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

TKO Performance 11-04-2017 11:55 AM

:thumbs:

TKO Performance 11-15-2017 09:48 AM

All orders placed 1110/ to 11/14h ave shipped. Tracking numbers have been emailed.

Any questions regarding your order, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your business !

TKO Performance 11-22-2017 11:43 AM

All orders from today & Tomorrow will ship Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! :cheers:

TKO Performance 12-26-2017 04:10 PM

TKO Performance 03-12-2018 10:06 AM

All orders placed over the weekend will ship today! Big storm coming so we want these out.

Thank you for your business!! :thumbs:

TKO Performance 06-11-2018 01:25 PM

Back in stock. Orders are shipping! Tracking numbers are being sent (to the address provided when you ordered).:thumbs:

Thank you for your business! :cheers:

Ed

TKO Performance 10-26-2018 04:50 PM

Thank you for the orders! These will be back in stock in one week!! :thumbs:

TKO Performance 11-14-2018 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by TKO Performance (Post 1598228999)
Thank you for the orders! These will be back in stock in one week!! :thumbs:

Took a little longer then expected...But the C4 Blockits are now back in stock & ready to ship! :thumbs:

All orders placed have shipped. Please check your email for tracking numbers. Thank you for you business and your patience! :cheers:

TKO Performance 11-19-2018 11:24 AM

TKO Performance 12-11-2018 10:13 PM

TKO Performance 12-27-2018 12:24 PM

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas!
Thank you for the orders! We will get these out ASAP! Blockits will start shipping today and tomorrow! :thumbs:
We will also send tracking numbers to the emails you provided.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!

Ed

Goldcylon 12-31-2018 11:00 PM

Just ordered mine Ed. GC

TKO Performance 01-03-2019 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Goldcylon (Post 1598598701)
Just ordered mine Ed. GC

Shipping out in 10 minutes. Tracking number was emailed to you. Thank you for your business!

Ed

TKO Performance 01-21-2019 01:11 PM

TKO Performance 01-28-2019 01:08 PM

Orders from over the weekend and today will ship tomorrow!
Tracking numbers will be sent via email. If you have any questions about your order or the product please feel free to contact us!

Thank you for your business!