CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   Vararam TCR-7 CAI installed .... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/4048725-vararam-tcr-7-cai-installed.html)

VaraRam Industries 04-27-2018 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by SFCTeach (Post 1597071152)
It’s been a couple of months since I added the cold air intake. I wanted to post a little update on how happy I am with this since it’s now warming up and I’m driving my car a lot more. My car is tuned by Livernois and they sent me a specific tune file that included the Vararam. I still have not been on the Dyno yet but all is good and I have the bonus of the sound of a turbo on my car. People in my club asked if I install the turbo over the winter when in fact it’s just cold air intake!

We Love to hear how happy our customers are with our products:thumbs:

We work Long and hard in the R&D dep doing 3D modeling, test fitting ,flow testing and heavy on-road and track data logging to bring you the very best performing induction systems you can buy.

With the C-7 units we decided to step things up by using injection molding for some components for precision and quality.

WE are glad so many are happy with the new C-7 product !

The Z-06 and ZR-1 boys are up for release next and are they in for a real treat!

VR tech

VaraRam Industries 05-08-2018 01:42 PM

Vararam C7 Install video

Al3x_666 05-10-2018 08:01 PM

when the Z06 unit is coming out ?

VaraRam Industries 05-10-2018 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Al3x_666 (Post 1597175343)
when the Z06 unit is coming out ?

Tooling is INBOUND!

VR Tech

taz2016 08-02-2018 02:54 AM

We're still waiting for the test results on the BMS filter in your intake.

cajunboyz 08-02-2018 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by taz2016 (Post 1597714245)
We're still waiting for the test results on the BMS filter in your intake.

and ZO6 testing of vararam intake system???

robbieroflcopter 08-19-2018 07:46 PM

Z06?

Why do I get the feeling that something didn't go as planned with the Z06 version? I was all hyped up about this thing!

Originally Posted by cajunboyz (Post 1597715693)
and ZO6 testing of vararam intake system???

cajunboyz 08-20-2018 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by robbieroflcopter (Post 1597824126)
Why do I get the feeling that something didn't go as planned with the Z06 version? I was all hyped up about this thing!

My thoughts also, or just hoping they want to get it ALL RIGHT ???

VaraRam Industries 08-20-2018 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by robbieroflcopter (Post 1597824126)

All is better than fine. Injection Toolmakers are backed up with an OEM's tooling order. Our tools are next in line and are only there for small tweaks, so once they start it will be quick.

VR Tech

cajunboyz 08-20-2018 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by VaraRam Industries (Post 1597828942)
All is better than fine. Injection Toolmakers are backed up with an OEM's tooling order. Our tools are next in line and are only there for small tweaks, so once they start it will be quick.

VR Tech

Thanks

VaraRam Industries 08-20-2018 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by cajunboyz (Post 1597828985)
Thanks

:thumbs:

VR Tech

Malum1 08-27-2018 12:41 PM

I have been following this thread since it was opened and was really on the fence regarding the VARARAM TCR7 CAI. Watched all the back and forth comments. On Thursday Day 1 of Carlisle, I met with Steve from VARARAM at Carlisle. He answered all my questions and confirmed that VARARAM techs would not be doing installs locally. When asked his thoughts on the possibility of the A&A installation team’s ability to successfully install the system he felt they could (even though he was not in a position to speak on their behalf and had not been in discussions with them concerning the possibility). He then contacted Patrick the tech at VARARAM to ensure that he would be on standby to receive any potential calls from A&A should they run into difficulties. I then approached the A&A team (Tim and others) about their ability and willingness to conduct the installation. After they reviewed the system and the instructions and due to their experience in installing other manufactures CAIs (Magnaflow, K&N etc) they felt very comfortable and confident they could do the work. Went back to Steve and made the purchase, handed off the system and Vette to A&A and approximately 90 minutes later the system was on my Vette with absolutely no issues. No CEL, no disconnecting the battery and no whistling!!! The car ran perfectly. This was all accomplished within a couple of hours on the first day (Thursday) at Carlisle. I delayed putting this out to the forum until I had sufficient time in running with the new system. Happy to say my Vette and the VARARAM TCR7 were made for each other. Now this maybe my imagination but the car’s throttle seems even more responsive than ever. Thanks and thumbs up to VRARAM and Steve along with huge thumbs up to A&A. :rock:

BrunoTheMellow 08-27-2018 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Malum1 (Post 1597871895)
I have been following this thread since it was opened and was really on the fence regarding the VARARAM TCR7 CAI. Watched all the back and forth comments. On Thursday Day 1 of Carlisle, I met with Steve from VARARAM at Carlisle. He answered all my questions and confirmed that VARARAM techs would not be doing installs locally. When asked his thoughts on the possibility of the A&A installation team’s ability to successfully install the system he felt they could (even though he was not in a position to speak on their behalf and had not been in discussions with them concerning the possibility). He then contacted Patrick the tech at VARARAM to ensure that he would be on standby to receive any potential calls from A&A should they run into difficulties. I then approached the A&A team (Tim and others) about their ability and willingness to conduct the installation. After they reviewed the system and the instructions and due to their experience in installing other manufactures CAIs (Magnaflow, K&N etc) they felt very comfortable and confident they could do the work. Went back to Steve and made the purchase, handed off the system and Vette to A&A and approximately 90 minutes later the system was on my Vette with absolutely no issues. No CEL, no disconnecting the battery and no whistling!!! The car ran perfectly. This was all accomplished within a couple of hours on the first day (Thursday) at Carlisle. I delayed putting this out to the forum until I had sufficient time in running with the new system. Happy to say my Vette and the VARARAM TCR7 were made for each other. Now this maybe my imagination but the car’s throttle seems even more responsive than ever. Thanks and thumbs up to VRARAM and Steve along with huge thumbs up to A&A. :rock:

wait, you have an A&A supercharger and installed the VARARAM air box??

Malum1 08-27-2018 04:53 PM

No. Never said anything about a supercharger. A&A is the team theat is contracted at Carlisle to do installations...

BrunoTheMellow 08-27-2018 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Malum1 (Post 1597873554)
No. Never said anything about a supercharger. A&A is the team theat is contracted at Carlisle to do installations...

Okay. Just curious. I just often associate A&A with superchargers.. for obvious reasons.

Malum1 08-27-2018 05:20 PM

Completely understand..

Black18C7 08-27-2018 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
Okay. Just curious. I just often associate A&A with superchargers.. for obvious reasons.

Ok I was thinking the same exact thing. I'm like 90 minutes for a supercharger install wow !!!

cajunboyz 10-26-2018 06:15 AM

Still patiently awaiting to see what this C7 ZO6 varam intake does on the ZO6???

VaraRam Industries 12-06-2018 02:45 PM

The Vararam C7 unit is an easy install and delivers proven performance!!! Sure would make a nice stocking stuffer for someone's
Christmas!!!

Pineapple 12-13-2020 09:19 PM

So what happened to Vararam? It’s been two years and still no Z06 CAI and we’re still waiting on the comparison between the supplied Green Filter and the BMS filter.

Also, I emailed Vararam twice about my supplied Green Filter not having any branding on it and being green in color. All the pictures I’ve seen online show the Green Filter with branding on the polyurethane end cap. Mine doesn’t have that and strangely enough my filter is Green in color. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that Vararam Includes a white/grey filter. Was I supplied with an inferior filter due to cost cutting? I’d really appreciate an answer. I’ll try calling Vararam tomorrow.