CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Katech track attack (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4052839-katech-track-attack.html)

Ls2gtoowner 10-10-2017 02:15 PM

Katech track attack

7 Attachment(s)
I recently purchased the 2008 z06 track attack katech from Harding Motorsports. When the car pulled off truck I was amazed! What a beautiful car, I received the car Two weeks ago Friday at 4am and noticed first the tires are 5 years old so I ordered a set tires immediately but I was going to track Next day anyway to test the car out and take it easy because the old tires that were on it. The car had quite a few hiccups the brakes were spongy and got brake fade after 3 easy laps, didn’t engage into gear smoothly and was all over the track (obviously the tires).

I brought the car back to the shop Sunday evening and started looking at the car to figure out what is going on. I put the car on the lift to find an oil leak (I was told the oil leak was an oil pain gasket before it was purchased and it was suppose to be fixed before it was shipped to me) the trans has a little leak, brakes are all heat cracked and pads are chunked and glazed.

We fixed the oil leak with some new braided lines, the trans I am not sure what is needed here it was a small leak and we didn’t have time to screw with it. The shifting issue was just the clutch needing to be bled and finally ordered new pads and rotors.

Went to the track this past weekend for its second time at the track. The car ran much better shifted much better and drove as it should for half the day. Then I got a “service vehicle soon” “service abs” “service active handling” “service traction control” at this point I was very frustrated but know it’s a race car and stuff breaks it’s part of it. The car is currently getting diagnosed but it’s looking like it needs a new abs module and EBCM from what the tech is telling me so far.

Hopefully I can get this car all sorted out soon it’s ended two track days early and 5k deeper in this car before this repair.

I absolutely love this car the look, the sound, the performance and so on.

Anyway that is my experience so far with this car and where the car is at. When I went to the track the car everyone recognized the car and had people stopping by and looking at the car all day long.

pjazz 10-10-2017 11:27 PM

Beautiful car hope you work the bugs out

Ls2gtoowner 10-11-2017 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by pjazz
Beautiful car hope you work the bugs out

Thank you, it truly is a beautiful car and once the bugs are worked out it will be a monster. I just hope they get worked out sooner than later.

pjazz 10-11-2017 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ls2gtoowner (Post 1595742616)
Thank you, it truly is a beautiful car and once the bugs are worked out it will be a monster. I just hope they get worked out sooner than later.

Were the repairs covered under warranty?

Ls2gtoowner 10-11-2017 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by pjazz (Post 1595743666)
Were the repairs covered under warranty?

I actually just got word from the mechanic that the last ground wire he found was broken so it looks like it was a ground wire. He said he went through the list of grounds but before he replaced anything he said he wanted to go through every ground again and found one that. It will be fixed today I imagine and back to the track next weekend I have my fingers crossed there are no more issues and can enjoy the beast.

To answer your questions the car is no longer under warranty and I am sure if it was and we brought it to the dealer all cut up with a cage different motor and so on they would look at me like I was crazy.

Forgot to add the key also quit working last weekend it wasn’t dropped or anything it sits in the cup holder of the car at all times. 170 bucks later lol just the little stuff adds up and gets more annoying than anything.

pjazz 10-11-2017 12:55 PM

I actually meant being covered by Harding Motorsports . Glad they found the issue.

Ls2gtoowner 10-13-2017 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by pjazz
I actually meant being covered by Harding Motorsports . Glad they found the issue.

No unfortunately not. Turns out the ground shorted the abs module and the ebcm so all of it is being replaced I thought I got lucky but I guess not.

Nexxussian 10-13-2017 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ls2gtoowner (Post 1595737079)
We fixed the oil leak with some new braided lines, the trans I am not sure what is needed here it was a small leak and we didn’t have time to screw with it. The shifting issue was just the clutch needing to be bled and finally ordered new pads and rotors.

Originally Posted by Ls2gtoowner (Post 1595755577)
No unfortunately not. Turns out the ground shorted the abs module and the ebcm so all of it is being replaced I thought I got lucky but I guess not.

Bummer such a good looking car is giving you fits. :(

Have you bled the brakes, or put new fluid through them?

If so what did you use?

Ls2gtoowner 10-15-2017 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nexxussian
Bummer such a good looking car is giving you fits. :(

Have you bled the brakes, or put new fluid through them?

If so what did you use?

Everything has been bled. We use Motul rbf600