CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] Looking for advice. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/4053807-looking-for-advice.html)

switchplanner 10-12-2017 09:53 PM

Looking for advice.

Thinking of taking my Z to the next level. It's an '02 with Magnuson supercharger. Installed and tuned by Lingenfelter, dyno'ed at 498 rwh with modest boost and Borla S exhaust.
Looking at new cam and springs and replace h-pipe with x-pipe and tune.
Does this sound right, and more importantly, who can I trust to do the work? I'm in NY so someone on the east coast would be a plus but not a necessity. I want a Reliable LS expert.
Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

DOUG @ ECS 10-13-2017 10:26 AM

We would be happy to help you, but whether it's us or another reputable shop I would suggest keeping it near home. There's no reason to travel far with what you are looking for and it's easier for future maintenance to go back to that shop.

dbgoodwin 10-13-2017 01:01 PM

I certainly don't think you'll go wrong with ECS! I've never had them do anything to my car, but in the 4 years I've been on the forum I've heard great things about them.

02BlownZ06 10-17-2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by switchplanner (Post 1595754673)
Thinking of taking my Z to the next level. It's an '02 with Magnuson supercharger. Installed and tuned by Lingenfelter, dyno'ed at 498 rwh with modest boost and Borla S exhaust.
Looking at new cam and springs and replace h-pipe with x-pipe and tune.
Does this sound right, and more importantly, who can I trust to do the work? I'm in NY so someone on the east coast would be a plus but not a necessity. I want a Reliable LS expert.
Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

Subscribed! I have the exact same scenario and want to make the right upgrades to go along with the Maggie. Very interested in the route you choose. Do you have any kind of aftermarket air intake yet or is it stock?

MVR 155 10-17-2017 11:09 AM

Do you have long tube headers on your car? I see you mentioned a cat back but I didn't see any mention about headers? If you are still running the stock manifolds, I would strongly suggest going with a set of long tubes. Between the current mods and intended future mods, sticking with the stock manifolds is really corking your setup and leaving quite a bit of HP on the table.

DOUG @ ECS 10-17-2017 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by MVR 155 (Post 1595781413)
Do you have long tube headers on your car? I see you mentioned a cat back but I didn't see any mention about headers? If you are still running the stock manifolds, I would strongly suggest going with a set of long tubes. Between the current mods and intended future mods, sticking with the stock manifolds is really corking your setup and leaving quite a bit of HP on the table.

Agreed, smaller pulley. From there add meth injection and more boost, might require 8 rib upgrade depending on how much farther you want to go.

switchplanner 10-17-2017 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by 02BlownZ06 (Post 1595780868)
Subscribed! I have the exact same scenario and want to make the right upgrades to go along with the Maggie. Very interested in the route you choose. Do you have any kind of aftermarket air intake yet or is it stock?

It has a Donaldson Blackwing intake that was part of the Lingenfelter install.

switchplanner 10-17-2017 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by MVR 155 (Post 1595781413)

No headers, so may have to add that to the list. Thanks. :thumbs:

JETZ 10-18-2017 02:08 AM

Luv my LG’s! Running into Random Tech Cats, X pipe, then into Borla Stingers. Got them JET-HOT coated too.

https://www.lgmotorsports.com/lg-mot...o-headers.html

frank :canadaflag: