CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   Codes for a 99 C5 ? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/4063299-codes-for-a-99-c5.html)

C908 11-06-2017 03:06 PM

Codes for a 99 C5 ?

I finally checked for codes and here is what I came up with. C1226H, U1160H, U1064H, U1096H, 1064H, U1016H, C2105H, and C2115H. I'm going from memory but does the H after each one stand for historic ? I don't remember ever clearing codes in the 17 years I've owned the car. I went a head and cleared everything out just wondering what each code was. I did a search before posting this but nothing came up. Anyone have a list of codes ? Thanks !

Smoken1 11-06-2017 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go and H is History code and most go to H after the car has been turned off

CactusCat 11-06-2017 06:05 PM

Your 1226 code is from RF wheel excessive speed variation. Could be a variety of things, the sensor, bad or loose connection, etc. If it doesn't come back, no worries. The 1160 code was a loss of communication with your LDCM. If you've done some work on the door in the past that could have caused it. If everything seems to be working on the drivers door, no worries. The other Uxxxx codes appear because of other things/codes. OK to clear those. The last two, the 2105 and 2115 codes are tire pressure monitor errors for the RF and LR tires. Might need to replace those if you haven't ever done so. They only last for so long. But they can also be intermittent as well. If they're not showing up anymore, then don't worry about until they do. All in all, for not clearing your codes for 17 years, that is an amazingly small amount of codes. And none of them appear to be anything major.

C908 11-06-2017 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Smoken1 (Post 1595914284)
Here ya go and H is History code and most go to H after the car has been turned off

Thanks for the code list ! Greatly appreciated.

C908 11-06-2017 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by CactusCat (Post 1595915133)
Your 1226 code is from RF wheel excessive speed variation. Could be a variety of things, the sensor, bad or loose connection, etc. If it doesn't come back, no worries. The 1160 code was a loss of communication with your LDCM. If you've done some work on the door in the past that could have caused it. If everything seems to be working on the drivers door, no worries. The other Uxxxx codes appear because of other things/codes. OK to clear those. The last two, the 2105 and 2115 codes are tire pressure monitor errors for the RF and LR tires. Might need to replace those if you haven't ever done so. They only last for so long. But they can also be intermittent as well. If they're not showing up anymore, then don't worry about until they do. All in all, for not clearing your codes for 17 years, that is an amazingly small amount of codes. And none of them appear to be anything major.

Thank you for the explanation of the codes. I was kind of wondering about the 1226 code, hopefully it's nothing or something minor. Never had any work done on the drivers door so I don't know what that's about. I have had the tire sensors act up several times giving me no readings. Last time I checked the sensors all of them were working. I might add I've only had the tires replaced once, original run flats removed at 28,000 miles I'm just now turning over 34,000 miles. The only malfunction I have at this time is the power drivers seat. The seat will go back and forth and up and down, lumbar feature has quit working. I'm OK with that and will not tear my seat apart trying to figure out the problem. The only other problem I've had was the air-conditioner compressor had to be replaced but that was years ago. I have cleared all my codes and will check them from time to time now that I know how to do a diagnostic check. I do have one more question, I have a diagnostic reader is that usable on a C5 ? I know on other vehicles I have it will plug in under the dash as long as the vehicle is a 96 or newer. Thanks again to everyone for their help.