CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   Considering buying a 2007 Z06 LS7 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/4063506-considering-buying-a-2007-z06-ls7.html)

sprayer 11-07-2017 05:07 AM

Considering buying a 2007 Z06 LS7

You probably don't get much of these questions asked by someone across the globe but here goes.

Really close to pulling the trigger and buying this.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...SSE-AD-5046509

Used to have a IROCZ but have been dreaming about owning a Z06 for the last 12 or so years. So if I do end up buying this black beast it will be like winning the lotto:)

Few concerns/questions. I have read that the LS7 has had its fair share of issues something along the line of Valve guides being an issue and having the capability of destroying the engine. GM have said that it effects 08-11 yr Z06's. So no 2007 models effected?

Now I have also read that the Magnetic ride control is really good but as for the 2007 this was not an option. So I would have a Z06 without it. Is it the end of the world? I have no idea what I would be missing out on.

The car has 51K miles on it and from speaking with the owner it is in fantastic shape. The car has had substantial modifications done to it by the previous owner so I am hoping if there are any issues with the motor from the factory that they were resolved with all the mods done to the car. But it would seem like the heads have remained stock.

There are not too many of these cars in Australia so currently there are a few Z06 but the rest of them are all over 100k + $AUD. This one is the best price out of all of them but has the most mileage, but the most mods.

I have always wanted a black on black so when they do pop up over here it is not like it happens often.

The guy lives 3000km away so I would probably hire out a car inspection to go look at the car for me and get it shipped to me. The seller has no issues with any inspection.

The only things he has told me that need fixing which he is planning on doing is

1. There is an exhaust leak at the cat back. Apparently he is waiting on 2 sensors to arrive to replace them also.

2. The front lip spoiler has stone chips and could do with a respray.

3. Really light scratch below the rear licence plate.

That is all the negatives on the car.

Even though I have read lots of vette posts on these forums I still feel like a noob when it comes to these cars.

So if there is anything that I should be concerned about please let me know and I will get it checked out.

I should really ask for a picture of the options sticker is it like a RPO sticker in the center console or something? Don't really want a watered down Z06 might as well have all the bells and whistles.

Any tips or advice?

Some people on this forum mentioned 2007 was not a good year for the Z06 as GM hit financial hard times and they cheaped out on the build. Is there any truth to that?

This is the sellers description of the car in the ad

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 luxury sport car "Supercar" is up for sale. This is an immaculate 2007 Z06 in Black color, its been converted by Australia's most reputable company specializing in conversion, which is Corvette Clinic in Melbourne VIC. A Whopping 550 HP at the wheel around 700 hp at the Engine in its V8 7.0 liter Engine LS7 !! Dynamic, Stock engine is reaching speeds of 100km/h in 3.7 seconds! This one should be even faster.

The Engine has been Fully built by the first owner, from cams, pistons, rods, All bolt on, upgraded Fast LSX-R intake manifolds, System exhaust, headers, Upgraded carbon fiber Hurricane cold air Intake, Fast fuel regulator, ect.......

The car sounds amazing. In terms of looks, this thing is second to none, as you should be able to see from the pictures, it turns heads everywhere it goes. An absolute joy to drive.

In Great condition.
Tinted windows.
Brembo Brakes.
7 inch screen with all the features Bluetooth ect.
Full leather seats.
2 remote keys.
It has 100 year edition 20'' wheels. 285/ wide Tyre for front and 335/ wide for Rear.
Nitto tyres.
Projector Speed on front window.
Service done previously.
Cold aircon.
Rego till 6/3/2018.

Everything is running smoothly. Always kept in a clean and tidy condition, washed and waxed regularly. Always warmed up before driving, always run on BP 98 Ultimate. Only serious people with cash money, So please DO NOT text or call if you do not have the money.

encasedmetal 11-07-2017 10:01 AM

I've only a sec to answer here but the gist of it is:
all years with LS7 engine are effected by the valve guide issues- even new GM LS7 heads
mag ride is nice but you won't miss it
no change in build quality between the years, just a trim bump wiht the 3LZ added in 08'.
the condition is subjective, but what I would be concerned with is why they replace all of the internals? a cam swap is one thing, but rods and pistons? for an n/a build. fishy.

Landru 11-07-2017 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by sprayer (Post 1595917613)
You probably don't get much of these questions asked by someone across the globe but here goes.

Happens more frequently than you'd imagine.
CF had at least 2 AU members who paid to have car converted to RHD.
Great threads, big project *&* expensive.
But, if an Aussie wants to drive a C6, no choice.

I have read that the LS7 has had its fair share of issues something along the line of Valve guides being an issue and having the capability of destroying the engine. GM have said that it effects 08-11 yr Z06's. So no 2007 models effected?
Frankly speaking GM's FOS.
Potential valve guide issues are w/ all MY LS7s, including new Z28.
Not every LS7 failed FWIW, my '08 w/58K hasn't...yet.
Problem is a new LS7 is very expensive in the USA, can't even imagine cost down under.
Cure is having heads replaced/rebuilt, potential disaster's substantially reduced.
EARLY build '07 had an issue w/ faulty needle bearings, could come apart.
So rockers were replaced, easy to learn whether or not a '07 had this recall performed via a GMVIS.

Now I have also read that the Magnetic ride control is really good but as for the 2007 this was not an option. So I would have a Z06 without it. Is it the end of the world? I have no idea what I would be missing out on.
Been driving my '08 w/o F55 for near 10 years, haven't missed a thing.
Car rides/tracks like its on rails, didn't buy this kind of car for comfort per se. Bought it for its brute performance:

The car has 51K miles on it and from speaking with the owner it is in fantastic shape. The car has had substantial modifications done to it by the previous owner so I am hoping if there are any issues with the motor from the factory that they were resolved with all the mods done to the car. But it would seem like the heads have remained stock.
Given the modifications HTH did owner not replace heads w/ aftermarket or rebuilt is beyond me.
That said valves/guides must be thoroughly inspected for integrity.
Replace/rebuild as needed.
Period.

There are not too many of these cars in Australia so currently there are a few Z06 but the rest of them are all over 100k + $AUD. This one is the best price out of all of them but has the most mileage, but the most mods.
Modifications in the USA usually results in less money.
However in AU, all bets are off, Z)6s of any year *&* RHD are rare as hen's teeth so $ is likely higher.

The guy lives 3000km away so I would probably hire out a car inspection to go look at the car for me and get it shipped to me. The seller has no issues with any inspection.
Excellent, good plan.
Ideally, inspector's a whiz kid w/ LS engines.

The only things he has told me that need fixing which he is planning on doing is
1. There is an exhaust leak at the cat back. Apparently he is waiting on 2 sensors to arrive to replace them also.
2. The front lip spoiler has stone chips and could do with a respray.
3. Really light scratch below the rear licence plate.
Have leak fixed before $ exchanges hands.
Chips et al are normal wear-n-tear items, IMO.
Light scratches are easily detailed out, unless through clear coat.

Even though I have read lots of vette posts on these forums I still feel like a noob when it comes to these cars.
We're all noobs, some older than others. :D

I should really ask for a picture of the options sticker is it like a RPO sticker in the center console or something? Don't really want a watered down Z06 might as well have all the bells and whistles.
There's 1/2/3LZ trims, IIRC RPO sticker's on rear of glove box door.

Some people on this forum mentioned 2007 was not a good year for the Z06 as GM hit financial hard times and they cheaped out on the build. Is there any truth to that?
Complete nonsense.

Once LS7 heads are addressed the engine's solid, so do make it a priority to have heads inspected. IF a valve breaks due to whatever, it drops into cylinder trashing engine completely.
It's that important. :thumbs:

Negotiate your best deal and live the dream, today.
G/L :cheers:

Unreal 11-07-2017 10:31 AM

As he said, valve issue effects all years. 07s also have potential for bad rockers but at that mileage it should have been fixed already. Since your out of country, make sure all the recalls are done. There are 4-5 of them for a 07.

Since the motor has been rebuilt, that is a crap shoot. You need to find out who did it, and what was done exactly. Stuff like fast fuel regulator are a red flag as there is no need for that unless it was a nitrous setup. What pistons? What rods? What cam? What was done to the heads?

MTPZ06 11-07-2017 02:09 PM

I get that they're rare in AU, but unless I'm mistaken...that car's asking would be $64K US. I have not researched the complexities of importing a car from the US or Canada...but that's like a low to mid $30K car here in the US. Any chance of bringing one over and maybe being money ahead?

sprayer 11-07-2017 03:00 PM

Thanks so much for the replies and help everyone. Jut about to head out so quickly wanted to get a reply in.

I might have to ask for the paper work on what was done. The new guy said he can give me the number to the original owner who did all the work so maybe I need to call him and speak with him.

From the posts I should be asking this owner

1. IF all the recalls were done and check someone where online to confirm this. Just not sure of this car was bought into OZ early on in life if there will be a record of it on the GM database.

2. Have the heads been re-done or valve guides replaced? What exactly and why were the mods done. I think is was probably most likely to increase the HP as the car is putting out 550rwhp. Not sure why the fast fuel regulator was changed, this is all new to me.

So basically can I just get a LS gear head look over the motor and visually inspect the valve guides by just unscrewing the valve covers or will this be a more tedious process?

I am waiting on the VIN and RPO codes, should get them today.

One of the reasons I was always undecided if to go the Ls3 or the ls7 route. The LS3 engine is pretty common in Australia being used in the Holden commodores. The Ls3 is more suitable for supercharging than the ls7 but with 550rwhp I don't think I need any more power.

Just reading the replies here sounds like the ls7 can be a bit of a head ache.

Buying a C6 in the states and importing will cost me a lot more money than buying this car. So that is not really an option. A RHD conversion costs 35k so that is half the price of this car already alone.Factor in import taxes, buy costs, freight you would be looking at way over 100k once all said and done.

Now all these mods seem like a bad thing reading the replies here, it has got me worried if I am honest.

Will try and speak with the original owner, but then I will be taking his word for it only. Always a gamble buying a second hand car.

Landru 11-07-2017 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by MTPZ06 (Post 1595920715)
I get that they're rare in AU, but unless I'm mistaken...that car's asking would be $64K US. I have not researched the complexities of importing a car from the US or Canada...but that's like a low to mid $30K car here in the US.

For some weird reason AU makes it pretty damned hard & expensive to import a vehicle.
AU bureaucracy's out of control, our combined alphabet agencies are piker by comparison.

RWD conversion is a significant addition to car's cost, then add taxes & import duties paid. Not street legal until conversion's complete.

W/in past year a guy posted his C6 was hung-up w/ AU Customs because it, supposedly, contained a banned material. IIRC, asbestos.
AU 'authorities' are very concerned, to the point of idiocracy.
Guy was rightfully freaked because WTH does one begin battling city hall on steroids? Costly. Yea.
Wished I could recall if the guy ever found any relief, last I'd heard he was attempting to contact GM for documented proof his C6 wasn't made of Kriptonite. Imagine. Contacting GM, for anything.

Any chance of bringing one over and maybe being money ahead?
When the AU member documented his conversion years back there was 1, maybe 2 outfits on AU continent capable of doing this w/ access to parts etc. Beaucoup $.
Who knows maybe cost have come down, I doubt it.
And nevermind Z06/ZR1, standard C6 would cost just as much.

AU are not stupid, like US gearheads they know exactly what Chevy's C6 Z06 & its LS7 is. We may be spoiled by all the new C7 noise, but from an AU POV C6 Z06 is an 'exotic' right w/ all the other exotics.
Rightly so. :cheers:

Landru 11-07-2017 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by sprayer (Post 1595921093)
From the posts I should be asking this owner 1. IF all the recalls were done and check someone where online to confirm this. Just not sure of this car was bought into OZ early on in life if there will be a record of it on the GM database.

You'll have to find out if GM's database (GMVIS) is 'global'.
If data isn't accessible maybe a Yank dealer might help.
*IF heads are/were rebuilt, recall's a moot issue.

2. Have the heads been re-done or valve guides replaced? What exactly and why were the mods done. I think is was probably most likely to increase the HP as the car is putting out 550rwhp. Not sure why the fast fuel regulator was changed, this is all new to me.
Ask, now's the time.

So basically can I just get a LS gear head look over the motor and visually inspect the valve guides by just unscrewing the valve covers or will this be a more tedious process?
A fast dirty method's euphemistically called a Wiggle Test.
Remove valve covers, attempt moving valve stem in guide on all axis.
IF good stem will be firmly in place w/ no movement a'tall.
IF guide's worn beyond acceptable limits it'll move around, and then having heads rebuilt w/ new guides is the next immediate step.
No big deal, actually.

Just reading the replies here sounds like the ls7 can be a bit of a head ache.
:eek:
Hardly, Z06 w/ LS7 is an exceptional combo w/o equal.
Have you driven one?
C6 Z06 & LS7 need love, an understanding of its history, maintenance and yes its weaknesses of which there really is only one, heads.
And know there're members who'll swear heads are just fine. :confused2:

Headache?
Massive power, great handling and if prudent get 28 MPG?
No, C6 Z06 is orgasmic and its power intoxicating.
Only headaches come from those attempting to best a LS7, those kind got headaches. :lol:

Now all these mods seem like a bad thing reading the replies here, it has got me worried if I am honest.
Wise to be concerned but no different shopping a P or F car w/ a LOT less skin in the game.
Depends what mods, find out what you're dealing w/for instead of getting buyer's remorse before even buying.
Now's the time to do due diligence, and learn. :thumbs:

Always a gamble buying a second hand car.
A C6 is never 'second-hand' or 'used', it's preowned.. :D
If a timely decision's not made it's very likely car will be sold from under you. In AU they're that rare, this I know. :cheers:

Unreal 11-07-2017 03:51 PM

Should be easy enough to buy a ls7 block, and built an awesome ls7 based motor, even if you start with just a base ls3 car. If there are nicer ls3 cars, with known history then go that route.

The fact that this motor has been rebuilt/modified is a huge risk, and unknown. It is no longer a LS7 with aftermarket pistons/rods.

sprayer 11-07-2017 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Unreal (Post 1595921563)
Should be easy enough to buy a ls7 block, and built an awesome ls7 based motor, even if you start with just a base ls3 car. If there are nicer ls3 cars, with known history then go that route.

The fact that this motor has been rebuilt/modified is a huge risk, and unknown. It is no longer a LS7 with aftermarket pistons/rods.

Would it be considered a huge risk even if the parts that were changed were of better quality?

sprayer 11-07-2017 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Landru (Post 1595921514)
You'll have to find out if GM's database (GMVIS) is 'global'.
If data isn't accessible maybe a Yank dealer might help.
*IF heads are/were rebuilt, recall's a moot issue.

Ask, now's the time.

A fast dirty method's euphemistically called a Wiggle Test.
Remove valve covers, attempt moving valve stem in guide on all axis.
IF good stem will be firmly in place w/ no movement a'tall.
IF guide's worn beyond acceptable limits it'll move around, and then having heads rebuilt w/ new guides is the next immediate step.
No big deal, actually.

:eek:
Hardly, Z06 w/ LS7 is an exceptional combo w/o equal.
Have you driven one?
C6 Z06 & LS7 need love, an understanding of its history, maintenance and yes its weaknesses of which there really is only one, heads.
And know there're members who'll swear heads are just fine. :confused2:

Headache?
Massive power, great handling and if prudent get 28 MPG?
No, C6 Z06 is orgasmic and its power intoxicating.
Only headaches come from those attempting to best a LS7, those kind got headaches. :lol:

Wise to be concerned but no different shopping a P or F car w/ a LOT less skin in the game.
Depends what mods, find out what you're dealing w/for instead of getting buyer's remorse before even buying.
Now's the time to do due diligence, and learn. :thumbs:

A C6 is never 'second-hand' or 'used', it's preowned.. :D
If a timely decision's not made it's very likely car will be sold from under you. In AU they're that rare, this I know. :cheers:

I have never driven one or been in a Z06, but I can tell they are beast by the vids on youtube. Love the car and this is my dream car.

I am waiting on seller to get back to me, I also asked for the previous owners phone number so I can ask about the mods and parts. He did say to me he has the number for me to call but not yet given it to me.

I did leave out a little story about this car maybe I should post it. This car was for sale only 1.5 months earlier for the same asking price. I know this as I look at ads constantly every week. This was confirmed by the new owner yes it is the same car. I asked why he is selling it so soon.

The answer was, that he missed out on a Nissan GTR and ended up buying the Z06 instead. Says he is a car guy and loves cars and has a few. Anyway now that GTR is for sale again and he wants it. So the Z06 is back up for sale again. Apparently he is more of a GTR guy after all.

Just 1 thing stands out is that both guys wanted the same asking price $85k when every other Z06 for sale here is over $100k. You could say the price is cheap for the car, but it does throw question marks. If the previous owner spent $50k on it why did he sell it the cheapest out of all the Z06 on the market at the moment.

Here are a few other Z06 for sale here as a comparison. Would have loved a ZR1 but the price here is astronomical. There are currently 3 for sale and both want $180k

This is why the question mark on the 2007 Z06 being listed for much less with so much more power.

2006 Z06 15k Miles asking $120k

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-4646015/?Cr=2

2007 Z06 28k miles asking $115k

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-4959469/?Cr=0

2001 Z06 52k miles asking $70k

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-4926563/?Cr=1

Actually 3 ZR1's for sale all around $180k

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-4801505/?Cr=0

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-5000219/?Cr=1

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-4496125/?Cr=2

Mordeth 11-07-2017 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by sprayer (Post 1595923557)
Would it be considered a huge risk even if the parts that were changed were of better quality?

It depends. What are the exact parts, with names and specific details? Why would the original owner ditch the Ti connecting rods for new ones? Why swap pistons? What rods were installed? What pistons? Did they use forged? What type of aluminum? What is the piston to cylinder wall clearance? Was the block bored and torque plate honed? Was the crank balanced to the new pistons/rods? Were the bearings replaced? What are the specs on the cam? What valve springs were used? Were the heads milled? Were the exhaust valves replaced? Guides replaced? What is the static compression of the motor? Were the lifters replaced? Push rods measured and replaced as needed? I can go on and on here....

Just because parts were changed doesn't mean they were better, or more importantly were matched properly. If it was done by a "reputable shop" then there will be a build sheet, with specifics. I would want those specifics, not the word of whoever is selling it. Might be build right, but might not be. Ask for the build sheet/receipts.

If the pistons and rods were replaced, then the motor has been out of the car. Why was the motor taken out of the car to replace perfectly working pistons and rods? Did something go wrong? Replacing pistons and rods doesn't necessarily make you go faster, and could be worse if used inferior parts or not matched properly. The rotating assembly is a tricky thing and shouldn't be toyed with unless you know what you are doing. It is a serious build if the bottom end was rebuilt, and not usually needed for a mild street build.

At a minimum, I would want a leak down test performed to ensure that the rings aren't leaking and have sealed. Will give you a good idea of the health of the cylinders and pistons. Process is very simple and easy and can be done on all cylinders in an hour.

I would also closely inspect the oil pan, undercarriage and engine bay for signs of any leaks. Oil leaks on these cars are not simple or easy to fix (pan gasket, rear main, front cover seal etc).

sprayer 11-07-2017 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mordeth (Post 1595923736)
It depends. What are the exact parts, with names and specific details? Why would the original owner ditch the Ti connecting rods for new ones? Why swap pistons? What rods were installed? What pistons? Did they use forged? What type of aluminum? What is the piston to cylinder wall clearance? Was the block bored and torque plate honed? Was the crank balanced to the new pistons/rods? Were the bearings replaced? What are the specs on the cam? What valve springs were used? Were the heads milled? Were the exhaust valves replaced? Guides replaced? What is the static compression of the motor? Were the lifters replaced? Push rods measured and replaced as needed? I can go on and on here....

Just because parts were changed doesn't mean they were better, or more importantly were matched properly. If it was done by a "reputable shop" then there will be a build sheet, with specifics. I would want those specifics, not the word of whoever is selling it. Might be build right, but might not be. Ask for the build sheet/receipts.

If the pistons and rods were replaced, then the motor has been out of the car. Why was the motor taken out of the car to replace perfectly working pistons and rods? Did something go wrong? Replacing pistons and rods doesn't necessarily make you go faster, and could be worse if used inferior parts or not matched properly. The rotating assembly is a tricky thing and shouldn't be toyed with unless you know what you are doing. It is a serious build if the bottom end was rebuilt, and not usually needed for a mild street build.

At a minimum, I would want a leak down test performed to ensure that the rings aren't leaking and have sealed. Will give you a good idea of the health of the cylinders and pistons. Process is very simple and easy and can be done on all cylinders in an hour.

I would also closely inspect the oil pan, undercarriage and engine bay for signs of any leaks. Oil leaks on these cars are not simple or easy to fix (pan gasket, rear main, front cover seal etc).

Nice summary, look I am mechanically inclined and do things myself but when it comes to parts and what is good and what is not I don't really know myself. I also don't know all the fine details either and your post puts it into perspective. A few of the other boys mentioned it also in previous posts that some things are putting up a red flag.

I will try and get that info from him. He has been a bit quiet today though for someone who needs to sell this car to buy another.

sprayer 11-07-2017 09:08 PM

BTW, in 2020 the Corvette should be coming to Australia in RHD straight from GM. I think they are waiting for the C8 to come out and then from there they will get shipped to Australia. Reports going around the price here will be around the $200k

Mordeth 11-07-2017 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by sprayer (Post 1595923881)
BTW, in 2020 the Corvette should be coming to Australia in RHD straight from GM. I think they are waiting for the C8 to come out and then from there they will get shipped to Australia. Reports going around the price here will be around the $200k

Great to hear! Will make life alot easier this way I suspect.

On a side, semi-related note, there is an international auto show in Dubai next week. I have a suspicion that GM is going to reveal something there. I am hoping it is the C7 ZR1, but there are unconfirmed rumors it will be the mid engine C8, which I don't see as possible this soon. But GM has been tricky in the past about these reveals, and there are test mules (C7 ZR1 and C8 mid engine) out in the wild. I am really hoping it is the C7 ZR1.

sprayer 11-08-2017 02:50 AM

Spoke with original owner. Got the feeling he was an enthusiast pretty much right away. He had the motor done 7k miles ago so the engine after being built has only done approx 7k miles.

He spoke pretty fast and I could not keep up with the parts and brands but the engine was blue printed. Pistons weighed to same weights...

The reason for the build was he wanted more HP and went all out. Saw a Kartech video on youtube and followed the build.

Heads were decked and bronze valves
Double spring
Yellow Terrarockers 1.8
Mahle motor sport pistons
manly rods
manly crank
custom made headers for the RHD vehicle
He said the engine is pretty much brand new

Sold it to make room for C7.

Bought it brand new in 2009 with 800miles in the USA shipped it over had it converted to RHD.

Recently bought new seats for it that is why the seats look nice.

He mentioned the exhaust leak at the cat, it is tiny apparently can be fixed.

He said if he could he would buy the car back on a heart beat.

Has all the paper work would need to dig out. will send me pics of engine build and also some vids of the car. The car looks legit and he said it was a great car.

Looks like I might be a new owner of my dream car oh this can't be real. I can't believe it guys.....

Thinks the new owner prob found it too powerful.

He took it to the track but on road tyres could not get grip. Ran a high 11 @ 135mph.

sprayer 11-08-2017 06:34 AM

Does anyone have carfax that can run this VIN please?

1G1YY25E975139089

sprayer 11-08-2017 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by sprayer (Post 1595925214)
Does anyone have carfax that can run this VIN please?

1G1YY25E975139089

Well I have been researching into this car more. I have reason to suspect the k's have been altered I remember this car now being for sale with 100k plus km's on it. Now it has 84k. So would a cluster change just do that?

Found some clips of it on youtube and I am pretty confident this is the same car that is for sale now.

Looks like it has taken a hammering.

Landru 11-08-2017 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by sprayer (Post 1595925401)
Well I have been researching into this car more. I have reason to suspect the k's have been altered I remember this car now being for sale with 100k plus km's on it. Now it has 84k. So would a cluster change just do that?

Anything's possible.
Serious charge, lose your stones for it here.

Found some clips of it on youtube and I am pretty confident this is the same car that is for sale now.
Curious how you know they're one and the same Zs?
Did seller link you to 'em? :confused:

Looks like it has taken a hammering.
Thought everyone in AU was chasing 'roos on horseback. :lol:
Hey, it looked quick. :thumbs:

Recently rebuilt LS7 w/ 7K. Known parts. Seller sounds like a straight shooter. Currently priced $15K under market. Exactly what you wanted in color/trim. Tough decision.

Bottom line's unless you feel 100% good about it, pass.
Keep saving your dough for another chance down the line.
In the meantime you've learned important insights re C6 Z06 & LS7, will surely pay dividends when the right one comes along.

sprayer 11-08-2017 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Landru (Post 1595926035)
Anything's possible.
Serious charge, lose your stones for it here.

Curious how you know they're one and the same Zs?
Did seller link you to 'em? :confused:

Thought everyone in AU was chasing 'roos on horseback. :lol:
Hey, it looked quick. :thumbs:

Recently rebuilt LS7 w/ 7K. Known parts. Seller sounds like a straight shooter. Currently priced $15K under market. Exactly what you wanted in color/trim. Tough decision.

Bottom line's unless you feel 100% good about it, pass.
Keep saving your dough for another chance down the line.
In the meantime you've learned important insights re C6 Z06 & LS7, will surely pay dividends when the right one comes along.

The reason why I know it is the same car is because I traced the number plates. Those plates now sit on a C7 just like the previous owner said. So unless there are the same plates going around twice and the same car 2007 Z06 with the same mods and color this is the car. These cars are not dime a dozen here. Not many at all.

I am not saying it has taken a hammering because of the 1 clip but because of others.

Plus the fact I know the k's are lower now than previously listed 10 months ago. Now the cluster could have malfunctioned but no mention of it being replaced ever.

Some things that I have been told are true while others just don't add up.

No doubt fast car, but as you say if not 100% comfortable walk away.

Lesson learned no doubt, got very excited now back down to earth again.