CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   Randy G (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4063614-randy-g.html)

domenic tallarita 11-07-2017 11:23 AM

Randy G

Haven't seen Randy G on for a while and hope I am not invading his space, but I e-mailed him and his wife has a serious medical problem and I think those of you that pray should send some their way.

Dom

Dr L-88 11-07-2017 11:32 AM

I'm aware of Randy's wife's health issues as he and I have shared stories about our spouses. Randy, you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

Randy G. 11-07-2017 10:19 PM

Thank you, guys.

2 1/2 years ago she wasn't feeling good and went to the doctor. They discovered she had stage 4 colon cancer with mets to her 80% of her liver. The initial diagnosis was 6 months max. She will tell you, if you are 50 go get a colonoscopy! Unexpectedly she responded very well to chemo.

The beginning of this year she had the SIRT radiation treatment to the left side of her liver to fight off 5 tumors. But the Y90 radiation destroyed her bile ducts and damaged her portal vein. Now the real problems start.

A week ago Friday they found a 6 cm diameter aneurysm on her left side liver portal vein (2.34 inches in diameter) and said she might not make it through the weekend. Now it's a week from Tuesday and she's still here (so much for time frame diagnosis). UCLA's liver team wants to take her in so we are waiting for a transfer. The doctors here in Whittier believe there is nothing that can be done, so UCLA will be giving us a second opinion.

The chemo and radiation treatments have really beat her up, but she's also rebounded several times in an amazing way to the amazement of her oncologist. We believe it's because she has a lot of people praying for her.

For now we sit and wait with the ticking time bomb inside her. They said if the aneurysm ruptures there is nothing they can do and it will only be about 10 minutes before she's gone. Not too comforting. UCLA is at capacity and is waiting for an open bed before transporting her. But they have concerns even about moving her and fear the move may open up the aneurysm.

I'm sure there are many similar stories from our Corvette forum family as well. It's like watching a plane crash in slow motion and there's nothing you can do.

Dr L-88 11-07-2017 10:24 PM

Prayers for you both.:thumbs:

Easy Rhino 11-07-2017 10:24 PM

So sorry for your troubles, prayers sent.

She sounds like a real trooper. That can mean a lot.

ricks327 11-07-2017 10:38 PM

Prayers sent for a good outcome.

MidShark 11-07-2017 11:05 PM

Praying for you both, Randy.

Rich

leif.anderson93 11-07-2017 11:10 PM

Prayers being sent. She sounds like a tough gal. God bless.

Westlotorn 11-07-2017 11:20 PM

Randy, very sorry to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers certainly with you and your sweetie.
A buddy had a large aneurism that was not operable. His wife is head of human resources over our local hospitals and found a doctor that went in from his leg and filled the aneurism with small platinum chips. That was five years ago and he has a clean bill of health with no restrictions. His aneurism was like a balloon to the side of an artery so was open to this technique. I hope they come up with magic for you and your wife.

Powershift 11-07-2017 11:38 PM

Randy:

Praying for both you and your wife. I feel your pain. Went thru something similar with my wife 4 years ago.

Larry

ChattanoogaJSB 11-07-2017 11:46 PM

Randy-

I'm sorry to hear this and will have you both on my mind

benton

aswile 11-08-2017 04:46 AM

God bless and keep you both; you're in my prayers.

capevettes 11-08-2017 05:48 AM

Randy, so sorry you are going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife and family.

Frankie the Fink 11-08-2017 07:00 AM

Tough situation. My heartfelt best to you and the wife...

corvetteed 11-08-2017 07:35 AM

Sorry for this terrible situation for your wife, and you. Prayers sent.

Railroadman 11-08-2017 08:12 AM

Sorry for what you both are going through. Sounds like one tough lady, I'm pulling for her to prove them wrong once again.

raosterkamp 11-08-2017 08:24 AM

I will request prayer for you and your wife at church tonight. I was feeling all upset over a problem involving the building of our new house which pales in comparison to yours!
May God bless and comfort you both,Rick

OHSIXX 11-08-2017 09:36 AM

It sadden me to read about your wife. God Bless.

Crunch527 11-08-2017 09:44 AM

Prayers to you, your wife and your family...

RatDog 11-08-2017 09:45 AM

Thoughts and prayers to you and your wife.

Hopefully people reading this thread will get their colonoscopies done. I’ve had eight colonoscopies over the past 20 years. Each time the doctor found precancerous polyps and removed them. So I’m a huge believer in regular colonoscopies.

Your wife sounds like a tough cookie. Tell her to hang in there. You, too.

Take care,
Steve