CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Corvettes for Sale (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-corvettes-for-sale-52/)
-   -   FS: 2003 EB Z06 MOD-RED INTERIOR - 10991 miles (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-corvettes-for-sale/4065483-2003-eb-z06-mod-red-interior-10991-miles.html)

C5USA01 11-12-2017 12:14 AM

2003 EB Z06 MOD-RED INTERIOR - 10991 miles

2003 Electron Blue Z06
Z06 Torch (Mod) Red Interior
10,991 miles
PRICE LOWERED

Offered for sale is a pristine 2003 Electron Blue Z06 with Z06 Torch (Mod) Red interior. This Z has all the options available at that time, plus tasteful mods. Everything works as it should. She has been perfectly maintained, serviced locally at Bob Bell Chevrolet of Bel Air MD and has a clean CARFAX. Never raced or smoked in. Garage kept. Here’s her story:

Beginning in the spring of 2007, I was specifically looking for a C5 Z06 to add to our Vette collection of a 2001 Black Coupe and 2003 Spiral Gray Vert. My search led me to Tom Oates Chevrolet in Chester Springs PA (about 70 miles from my home in Fallston MD 21047) and a 2003 Electron Blue Z06 with a Z06 Torch (Mod) Red Interior; it was a Certified GM Used Car. The Z was stunning and I purchased it in July 2007 with approximately 4,200 miles. Tom Oates was the original selling dealer and their customer, the original owner, was an older gentlemen who traded in the car I purchased on a new C6 Z06 (also purchased from Tom Oates). Note: I’m not sure if Tom Oates lost their franchise with GM’s consolidation after the 2008 economic implosion or they were acquired by another dealership.

As much as my wife and I loved our Corvette Coupe and Convertible, it quickly became evident that the C5 Z06 was a special car. It was “light on its feet” at 3,116 lbs. and handled so well. Dave Hill, Chief Corvette Engineer at that time, and his team did an incredible job with the C5 Z06. We wanted to retain the feeling and accordingly kept the stock titanium exhaust and engine completely untouched. The 5.7L LS-6 engine pumps out 405 HP at 6000 RPM with torque of 400 pound-feet at 4800 RPM all while getting a respectable 28 MPG. The only performance mod is a Halltech Cold Air Intake which can be easily changed back. GM claimed that 405 HP versions of the Z06 could make the 0-60 run in 3.9 seconds and 12.4 through the quarter mile at 116 MPH.

While the Z06 Torch (Mod) Red interior is unique in and of itself, when it comes to C5 interiors there is IMHO quite frankly nothing like a Vette Essentials interior - in their heyday, they were in a class by themselves. The leather quality of the steering wheel, seats, door pulls, seat pouches, shift boot, brake boot, and console set this C5 Z06 apart from any other. The original seat covers were retained.

The C5 generation was developed with a 17/18 wheel combination. Having already upgraded our 2001 Coupe with 18/19’s and 2003 Vert with 19/20’s, we decided to go with fully chrome Forgeline 19/20’s matted to Michelin rubber for the 2003 Z06. Again, these wheels further set this C5 Z06 apart from others. In the process of switching out the wheels (OEM wheels and tires retained) we had tire pressure sensors installed and “turned on” the software built into the Z, but not utilized with the original wheel/tire configuration.

In taking our C5 Z06 to another level, we also decided to add Caravaggio front bumper canards, side ground effects and rear spoiler and paint the rear brake ducts Electron Blue to match. Pictures do not do this mod justice.

Other touches of chrome and subtle paint enhancements were done with careful consideration of retaining the heart and character of the Z. She not only looks great (paint is flawless), she runs great.

Whether you have never owned a Corvette, or you are considering adding to your collection, here’s your opportunity to own a great quality used Corvette that has been carefully cared for and properly maintained. Of all the C5’s made, the Z06 is the most sought after. As a 2003 MY car, this one came with special 50th Anniversary Emblems. While you can look long and hard for a nice C5 Z06, you will be challenged to match this Z! As my Corvette mechanic told me, “someone is going to get a car of their lifetime”. Serious inquires only requested.

ENAHANCEMENTS TO 2003 ELECTRON BLUE Z06:

• Vette Essentials two-tone leather seats with Z06/405 HP logo
• Vette Essentials two-tone leather console with Z06/405 HP logo
• Vette Essentials two-tone leather steering wheel with integrated CORVETTE hand sewn lettering
• Vette Essentials two-tone leather brake boot
• Vette Essentials two-tone leather shift boot and shift knob and aluminum shift knob cap
• Vette Essentials two-tone leather door pulls
• Vette Essentials two-tone seat pouches with Z06/405 HP logo
• Vette Essentials leather torch red pull over for dash grab bar
• Torch red arm rests
• Matching torch red leather sun visors with fully integrated garage remote
• Caravaggio front bumper canards, side ground effects and rear spoiler
• Shorty antenna
• Torch red leather divider with centered mirror and Z06/405 HP emblem
• Lloyd’s floor mats (driver, passenger and cargo) with Z06 logo and torch red binding
• Trunk storage bin covers - one large (center) and two small (left and right)
• LED taillights (flush mount and sequential) with ACC SS trim
• Diamond cut back-up lights
• C5 Corvette Z06 Side Marker Trim Rear 2Pc - Chrome Molding
• Chrome wipers
• Chrome/painted door handles
• Chrome door latches
• Electron blue license plate surround
• Front and rear Altec Electron Blue fully integrated splash guards
• Forgeline 19/20 fully chrome wheels with Michelin tires and tire pressure sensors
• Race mesh grills - Electro Polished SS - front cold air intakes, brake duct inserts, DRLs, side fender ducts, and brake vents and rear diffuser vents
• C5 Corvette Z06 Exhaust Plate (lighted) with Logo - Billet Chrome
• C5 Corvette Chrome Billet Badges with Emblem (left and right)
• C5 Corvette Front and Rear Stainless Steel Letters
• Front Electron Blue license plate cover – not installed
• 1-4 shift skip
• Matching aluminum, gas, brake, clutch and dead pedals
• Steering wheel and air bag domed Corvette emblems
• C5 Corvette Hub Rotor Covers - Electron Blue
• Halltech Cold Air Intake
• Car MotorSports Custom Embroidered Underhood Insulator with C5 Logo
• Cquartz ceramic, hydrophobic coating exterior and interior
• Brushed aluminum Z06 inner door sill protector
• C5 Z06 Engine ID Spec Plate
• C5 Corvette Billet Aluminum Gauge Bezel Set – Silver
• C5 Corvette Billet Chrome Air Conditioning & Radio Knob Set
• Hard-wired (to rearview mirror) Valentine 1 connection
• Exterior hard-wired Battery Tender connection
• SSBC Big Bite cross drilled & slotted rotors
• SS Brake lines
• Window valet
• Z06 seatbelt pads
• Tinted (side and rear) windows
• LS6 Emblems matching Z06 side fender Emblems
• Polished Brake Pad Covers (4)
• Travel buddy cup holder
• Frame savers
• Radiator screen

IN ADDITION TO THE LISTING ABOVE THE SALE INCLUDES:

• Original OEM floor mats (2)
• Original long-mask antenna
• Laminated Window Sticker and Build Sheet from NCM
• Original 2003 Z06 Version VHS tape
• Original (unwrapped) 1953 -2003 Corvette CD-ROM
• Original Owner’s Manual
• Original OEM tire inflator kit
• Blue indoor car cover
• NoviStretch blue front bumper and mirror covers

NOTE: If looking at pictures on an iPad or iPhone, carefully touch “slideshow” button on screen.

Cedarberry 11-12-2017 09:54 AM

Your bucket link isn't working, your linking to your private account.

C5USA01 11-12-2017 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Cedarberry (Post 1595952915)
Your bucket link isn't working, your linking to your private account.

Thanks and sorry - will fix when I return home

C5USA01 11-12-2017 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by C5USA01 (Post 1595953062)
Thanks and sorry - will fix when I return home

Tested link and album is set up to share. Other albums are set up as private and are password protected. I don’t know enough about Photobucket, but you shoud be fine to run slideshow and view all pics.

Joe

Zjoe6 11-12-2017 10:36 AM

Works now.

babyvette 11-15-2017 02:23 PM

Very nice car!!! Are you firm on the price?

C5USA01 11-16-2017 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by babyvette (Post 1595975943)
Very nice car!!! Are you firm on the price?

Thanks -:thumbs: PM sent

babyvette 11-16-2017 10:51 AM

Sent reply to PM

Cryptoboy 11-23-2017 04:29 AM

It might be better to post the pics in here. With the photobucket fiasco might be hard to view. Every time I try to click on a pic for a better view I get an error. Others might be having the same problem.

C5USA01 11-23-2017 08:11 AM

Thanks Cryptoboy. I originally tried to upload the pics on The Forum, but had issues. I did notice on Photobucket there were no issues when accessed from my desktop PC, whereas it was “painful” on my iPad. Regardless, I will try to upload a handful of pics to The Forum. If anyone would prefer that I email pics to them, please PM me.

Thanks to all and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Joe

Cryptoboy 11-23-2017 03:13 PM

Yup - was trying to view from my iPad. :)

C5USA01 11-29-2017 11:41 AM

2003 eb z06 mod-red interior - 10991 miles

Hello Everyone,

Mileage update - 11,032 - today was just too beautiful not to drive - she "ran like a top". What a great Christmas present for you, or that someone special in your life. YOLO

Joe

C5USA01 12-09-2017 07:45 AM

ttt

C5USA01 12-19-2017 05:57 PM

Thanks so much to everyone for taking a look at my 2003 EB Z06. At this point, while she is still for sale, she's asleep in the garage with her car cover on and all winterized. Spring will be here before you know it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!

All the best,

Joe

Thatsok 01-01-2018 02:35 AM

Nice

C5USA01 01-19-2018 07:28 AM

TTT - Yes, she’s still for sale waiting for her new owner to find her and “stretch her legs” on the open road with spring just around the corner.

All the best,

Joe

C5USA01 02-21-2018 08:12 PM

Hello Everyone -

TTT - It was sunny and 75 degrees here in Fallston MD today - spring fever is setting in! I look forward to taking the cover off my 2003 EB Z06 and introducing her to the next owner. Dare to dream - after all, without a dream, how can a dream come true? Whether this would be your first Vette, or, an addition to your collection, you will be proud to call her your own! Please know I look forward to talking with you.

All the best,

Joe

C5USA01 03-27-2018 12:30 PM

2003 eb - z06 mod-red interior

Hello Again Everyone,

Finally, it looks like the weather is about to break - getting ready to wake her up from her winter nap. A few members have suggested that I separate some of the “extras” from the sale. Before doing so, one more trip TTT.

All the best,

Joe

C5USA01 03-31-2018 06:05 PM

Hello Again Everyone,

If you do a Google search of “Celebrity Picks for Corvettes at Carlisle 2010” – please see #82. My wife Sue showed our Z that year and it was selected by Lucy La Hood of GM, Interior Engineering Group Manager. I still have the award and corresponding documentation and will post along with my other pictures. For those of you who have been to Carlisle, you can probably better understand, but for those of you who haven’t, it might help to put things into perspective. In that regard, Corvettes at Carlisle spans more than 150 acres and consistently draws more than 5,000 Corvettes each year of which they issue approximately 150 awards. 150/5000 = 3% - Pictures and words cannot begin to tell the story – you must attend Corvettes at Carlisle in person to truly appreciate how rare it is to have any car selected as a Celebrity Choice Pick. In the final analysis, your car must stand out and be special. Here’s your chance to own one - If you’re “standing on the sideline” and you’re interested in my 2003 EB Z, the time has come "to get in the game". I welcome the opportunity to talk with you.

All the best,

Joe

Yello95 03-31-2018 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by C5USA01 (Post 1596899381)
Hello Again Everyone,

If you do a Google search of “Celebrity Picks for Corvettes at Carlisle 2010” – please see #82. My wife Sue showed our Z that year and it was selected by Lucy La Hood of GM, Interior Engineering Group Manager. I still have the award and corresponding documentation and will post along with my other pictures. For those of you who have been to Carlisle, you can probably better understand, but for those of you who haven’t, it might help to put things into perspective. In that regard, Corvettes at Carlisle spans more than 150 acres and consistently draws more than 5,000 Corvettes each year of which they issue approximately 150 awards. 150/5000 = 3% - Pictures and words cannot begin to tell the story – you must attend Corvettes at Carlisle in person to truly appreciate how rare it is to have any car selected as a Celebrity Choice Pick. In the final analysis, your car must stand out and be special. Here’s your chance to own one - If you’re “standing on the sideline” and you’re interested in my 2003 EB Z, the time has come "to get in the game". I welcome the opportunity to talk with you.

All the best,

WOW...what a beautiful fantastic Corvette...You have a small fortune invested in your Vette but all mods tastefully done...

"My Vette is my weekend sanity."...this being said, why are you getting rid of it ??? Maybe I missed something? :confused2:

TTT