CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   ZR1 and GT2 RS (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4065545-zr1-and-gt2-rs.html)

turbo8765 11-12-2017 08:29 AM

ZR1 and GT2 RS

I wonder why it is that when porsche adds boost and a wing to a 911 turbo, and then charges double an aleady massively inflated price, people say Yah!

When Chevy does the same thing, and charges something like 10% more, people throw poo?

johnglenntwo 11-12-2017 09:57 AM

ZR1 vs GT2 RS

rikhek 11-12-2017 10:05 AM

LOL. So true you can't make this shit up. What I find hilarious:

- The IDIOTIC qualifier added to conversations about the Corvette, " it's a great car for the money". People should be saying about Porsche, MB GT, Lambo, McLaren, etc. is "these aren't much car for the money". GM could also double the Corvette price to put an end to the idiotic qualifier...

- Nobody has a SINGLE gripe/complaint about the wing on the GT3/GT3 RS or GT2 RS. Lots of legacy loyalists/old guys, waxers and car show guys in the Corvette world. These are they guys who would never buy the ZR-1 or if they did they would never "drive" them. They'd rather whine, bitch and moan like a bunch of old hens chillin' at the seniors center around the Bridge table...

Rick

Checkmate1 11-12-2017 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by rikhek (Post 1595952972)

- The IDIOTIC qualifier added to conversations about the Corvette, " it's a great car for the money". People should be saying about Porsche, MB GT, Lambo, McLaren, etc. is "these aren't much car for the money". GM could also double the Corvette price to put an end to the idiotic qualifier...

- Nobody has a SINGLE gripe/complaint about the wing on the GT3 or GT3 RS. Lots of waxers and car show guys in the Corvette world.

Rick

On point as always Rick :thumbs:

johnglenntwo 11-12-2017 10:22 AM

The State of the Art!

64drvr 11-12-2017 10:22 AM

The ZR1 posts over the past few weeks show how unappreciative and whiny several Corvette owners are. They embed an embarrassing stereotype to Corvette owners.
*GASP* ONE variant of literally four has a wing and they cry.
*GASP* they want a "track car" automatic for their cars and coffee meets, but whine because the transmission necessary for cars and coffee (torque converter automatic) MIGHT still not be track-suitable.
*GASP* the highest performance variant of Corvette was built with track duty in mind (like the other variants), they bitch and moan because EVERY OTHER version fits their little baby heart's desires; they can't handle that GM built a variant for other people.
*GASP* the ZR1 can be optioned with a very low wing that is likely no higher than the other variants' spoiler, but that's not good enough.

IMO the ZR1 is shaping up to be a fantastic platform. ~750hp GT2RS-fighter for a relative reasonable price for entry with a warranty and no GT compromises.

johnglenntwo 11-12-2017 10:27 AM

:bigears

Kappa 11-12-2017 10:38 AM

Never seen anyone cry about a 750hp fully-warrantied sportscar until I read this forum. Unbelievable. :lol:

The Corvette will never get a hardcore variant like the Z06X due to the sheer amount of waxers and crybabies complaining that the wings are too big and the wheels dust too quickly after their 40mph cruise around the block.

OnPoint 11-12-2017 10:47 AM

- Nobody has a SINGLE gripe/complaint about the wing on the GT3 or GT3 RS. Lots of old guys, waxers and car show guys in the Corvette world.

Rick

This.

:thumbs:

turbo8765 11-12-2017 10:57 AM

Appreciate the responses. Good to see I’m not the only one who thinks so.

Mordeth 11-12-2017 11:01 AM

This thread should be required reading for all haters. I participate in a number of enthusiast car forums and only here are new models and performance related releases met with distaste by the waxer crowd. It is actually embarrassing.

3 Z06ZR1 11-12-2017 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by lrobe22 (Post 1595953069)
The ZR1 posts over the past few weeks show how unappreciative and whiny several Corvette owners are. They embed an embarrassing stereotype to Corvette owners.
*GASP* ONE variant of literally four has a wing and they cry.
*GASP* they want a "track car" automatic for their cars and coffee meets, but whine because the transmission necessary for cars and coffee (torque converter automatic) MIGHT still not be track-suitable.
*GASP* the highest performance variant of Corvette was built with track duty in mind (like the other variants), they bitch and moan because EVERY OTHER version fits their little baby heart's desires; they can't handle that GM built a variant for other people.
*GASP* the ZR1 can be optioned with a very low wing that is likely no higher than the other variants' spoiler, but that's not good enough.

IMO the ZR1 is shaping up to be a fantastic platform. ~750hp GT2RS-fighter for a relative reasonable price for entry with a warranty and no GT compromises.

I see a point but there is many that saw the car coming.
*GASP* EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT! DO I care what the P car does?
Sounds like some can't handle that some find features unattractive for the street esp those of us no intentions of tracking.

So some jump to call them haters. No hate here for the ZR1! Great for the guys wanting to chase something bigger and better in their own minds. Never satisfied. But I have never been to a cars and coffee either. :D

I decided on another Z06.

The fantastic platform of which GM made the ZR1! To go with the one I have owned since feb of 2015.
Which are Corvette's 7 and 8 since 2004.

After all 650 hp is no slouch and right now a Z06 ran me about 1/2 a new ZR1. There are longtime Corvette "Enthusiasts"

Who have been buying Corvette's for years. Running down and buying the ZR1 the first year doesn't mean your any "more" of an Corvette "Enthusiast"

Where with the Z06's I can enjoy both the M7 and the A8.
(Many mods from forum vendors. Without them who knows maybe this place is not even here)

New Maggy Heartbeat blower and supporting cooling mods on order for my M7 ! To go with supporting mods of MGW, AR 2 inch coated headers
Halltech intake. Mamo PTB and now a DSC shock controller. More than 800hp
and lighter weight than stock.

But that is not the car I want for dinner dates the bone stock A8 Z06 shows more class and is quiet for a evening out.
So a purpose for both cars.
Great to have choices!

To me That beats owning 1 ZR1 in my book. I don't think the ZR1 will be a big seller. Some features on the car will keep the Z06 the better seller of the 2.
But they will be an awesome cars great for guys chasing the P cars at the track.
Representing the Corvette brand! :cheers:

thegame 11-12-2017 01:38 PM

Gt2rs is the record holder for fastest lap arpund the ring ever. Chevy didnt even release the time for the z06 lol im not holding my breath on the ZR1 either. Dont compare a vette to a 911.

Kappa 11-12-2017 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by thegame (Post 1595954279)
Gt2rs is the record holder for fastest lap arpund the ring ever. Chevy didnt even release the time for the z06 lol im not holding my breath on the ZR1 either. Dont compare a vette to a 911.

Chevy didn't release the time but the German magazine SportAuto ran a verified 7:13.9 with a Z06 off the showroom floor. The only production cars that magazine has tested that are quicker are the AMG GTR, Gumpert Apollo, and 918 Spyder. So yes, I'll compare the Corvette to the 911.

Judging by the specs, the ZR1 will be very competitive with the GT2RS at a third of the price.

3 Z06ZR1 11-12-2017 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by thegame (Post 1595954279)

Especially if your not shopping for a 911. Haven't bothered to worry about a 911. The one down the street has no interest from me. What's in your driveway? :cheers:

Paulchristian 11-12-2017 01:49 PM

- Nobody has a SINGLE gripe/complaint about the wing on the GT3 or GT3 RS. Lots of old guys, waxers and car show guys in the Corvette world.

Rick

Totally agree with you. This is mainly GMs fault for not properly marketing the corvette and themselves. It is UNREAL to me that they don't tout this at every opportunity. The GT2 is $250k+ and will most likely sell for $500k if you want one. The ZR1 will probably be had for $120k if not starting for less. Imagine what Chevy could do with another $150k in development thrown at this car. Yet Porsche continues to get attention for "quality engineering." To me, quality engineering extends to what capabilities you are producing and making available at a certain price point. It also should extend to ease of maintenance, efficiency, etc. All areas the corvette excels in...yet we never hear about it....even while team Porsche continues to spew Porsche "quality" in commercial after commercial. Chevrolet marketing department should all be fired, all the way down to the secretary and new people should be brought it. Been saying it for years now. If I were GM, I'd be embarrassed with the marketing product they are putting out.

johnglenntwo 11-12-2017 02:01 PM

750 HP and 3560 lbs!?

No way $120k, period! Gets a low 50s Ringtime!? Vipers~$135k! Numbers! Numbers!:D

Paulchristian 11-12-2017 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo (Post 1595954434)
No way $120k, period! Gets a low 50s Ringtime!? Vipers~$135k! Numbers! Numbers!:D

I don't think they will sell many if they charge $145k. They better not produce many if they plan on charging that much. Just my option.

johnglenntwo 11-12-2017 02:12 PM

Right! Depends on market!

Originally Posted by Paulchristian (Post 1595954466)
I don't think they will sell many if they charge $145k. They better not produce many if they plan on charging that much. Just my option.

I changed it to $135K where the Viper failed! Tough market, but, if she rocks like some $300K sold out exotics they will come!:D

Warp Factor 11-12-2017 02:21 PM

GM has had their issues, but Porsche has too. It's easy to look up "intermediate shaft failures on Porsche engines. Pretty much trashed the whole engine, and the engine cost a lot more to replace than a Z06 engine.