CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Deposit made today for ZR1 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4065731-deposit-made-today-for-zr1.html)

Pit Now 11-12-2017 04:57 PM

Deposit made today for ZR1

Gave my local dealer a deposit for a pre order Orange ZR1. He can place the order when it opens. After seeing GMs description on the web that driving the ZR1 will make driving a ZO6 seem sluggish bettered my decision. Trading in my new GS and sure hope the ZR1 does not have any fascia gap or paint issues like myself and many others had this past year. Im curios to see how it will compare to the Demon in the quarter mile however my interest is in road racing. Also how many wrap these beasts around a tree the first week they have it. Always happens.

jma242 11-12-2017 05:03 PM

Let us know how you make out trade wise. I'm going to wait it out to see what the C8 looks like before doing anything though. I remember the C7 ZR1 getting ridiculous discounts near the end of the run.

I do hope they keep that orange color around because I love it. :thumbs:

Pit Now 11-12-2017 05:10 PM

Trade in

Im sure I will get hosed in the trade in. Thats what dealers do best.....

jma242 11-12-2017 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pit Now (Post 1595955528)
Im sure I will get hosed in the trade in. Thats what dealers do best.....

Yep. I still have a little left to pay off my 17 GS. I do miss not having car payments lol.

lostsoul 11-12-2017 11:05 PM

I sense your bank account is bigger then mine :crazy:

make sure you post tons of pics. I'm holding off for the c8 and hope I can afford it. I got a long wait. Maybe Ill cave in when they offer employee pricing and loyalty rates for the zr1 haha

Vetteman Jack 11-12-2017 11:46 PM

Congrats on making your deposit for what looks to be one incredible car.

Jmcdude 11-12-2017 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pit Now (Post 1595955425)
Gave my local dealer a deposit for a pre order Orange ZR1. He can place the order when it opens. After seeing GMs description on the web that driving the ZR1 will make driving a ZO6 seem sluggish bettered my decision. Trading in my new GS and sure hope the ZR1 does not have any fascia gap or paint issues like myself and many others had this past year. Im curios to see how it will compare to the Demon in the quarter mile however my interest is in road racing. Also how many wrap these beasts around a tree the first week they have it. Always happens.

Did they agree to sell it to you at msrp?

Ls1fury 11-13-2017 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jmcdude (Post 1595957959)
Did they agree to sell it to you at msrp?

Well I sure hope they did.......in all honesty I think smaller discounts should be available right off the bat from the larger forum dealers.
GM has said that this car will not be limited in production, so demand will not exceed sales. Any dealer that tries to spin this as something that will be hard to get is just simply blowing smoke at best.
Bowling Green is going to make as many as they can sell.
And with all the ways you can option the car, to me seems clear they are looking to market the ZR1 to as many people as possible.
My opinion here, if dealerships are interested in trying to acquire a large allocation for the ME when it is revealed, they would be wise in moving as many ZR1's as possible. GM will be paying close attention to what kind of change this car is able to bring and how it relates to pricing the Mid-engine.

RipcordZ51 11-13-2017 07:38 AM

I'm orange with envy. Congrats, you are a lucky guy. My wife said no, don't even think about it :(

George Washnak 11-13-2017 08:40 AM

I also tried convincing my wife to off load our GS and go for the ZR1 since it's available in her favorite color ... orange. All she said was "nice try". I can live with my GS, life is good.

Dethsupp0rt 11-13-2017 09:15 AM

After seeing GMs description on the web that driving the ZR1 will make driving a ZO6 seem sluggish bettered my decision.

They'll say just about anything to sell cars. An otherwise stock Z06 with a ported throttle body is anything but sluggish.

However, if you have the means, why not get the top dog, right?

Best of luck. :)

JKVIPER 11-13-2017 10:44 AM

love the whole Orange and Black color scheme, congrats on you up coming purchase, Just an awsome machine.

djnice 11-13-2017 10:57 AM

Since these are limited availability. How will we know for sure if the dealer can get an allocation for one?

TurboJunky 11-13-2017 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by djnice (Post 1595959848)
Since these are limited availability. How will we know for sure if the dealer can get an allocation for one?

I read it was not limited.

Anyone clear this up for me? Thanks

MWHITED 11-13-2017 11:47 AM

I believe I read 3,000-4,000 estimated annual production. That’s not really “limited”.

TurboJunky 11-13-2017 12:22 PM

year over year production of that volume is not limited. The price is the limiting factor

Not unlike the Dodge Demon where there is 3,000 units and no more. (which i think was really stupid for a company in need of money)

Woodson 11-13-2017 12:26 PM

You're buying the ZR1 because the Z06 is sluggish, but you bought a GS instead of a Z06. :toetap:

Dethsupp0rt 11-13-2017 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by TurboJunky (Post 1595960528)
Not unlike the Dodge Demon where there is 3,000 units and no more. (which i think was really stupid for a company in need of money)

Car manufacturers don't make their money on the high-end products. Besides, they wouldn't sell that many anyway, as it's really niche.

Dyn 11-13-2017 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt (Post 1595960784)
Car manufacturers don't make their money on the high-end products. Besides, they wouldn't sell that many anyway, as it's really niche.

They must be making money on this. It is a $90,000 car jammed into $130,000.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...204e915c13.gif

djnice 11-13-2017 01:09 PM

Maybe it is not a concern, but this promotional card posted shows limited availablity.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...onal-card.html

Having had dealer order, allocation, and delay problems in the past. Not sure how to tell if the dealer can really make my order.