CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Place your ZR1 vote here (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4066059-place-your-zr1-vote-here.html)

djpatrick35 11-17-2017 12:41 AM

So, does Callaway & LG get royalties for the supercharger/hood & front end or is ripping off the aftermarket just cool in the pool? :hide:

The active wing's pretty nice, but the ZR1 would've been legendary had it been a DOHC motor like what was rumored. Instead, we have a Best of the Aftermarket with a bigger blower and the same ugly front end as LG. The TIKT front end looks much more finished.

I'm going to stand pat with my Callaway for a while until the C8 comes out. This is in direct opposition than in 2012 when I bought a Centennial Edition & damn near traded it in the next year because they finally put an LS7 in a convertible.

Dane@LGmotorsports 11-17-2017 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Eric Reeves (Post 1595971199)
Sorry LG but your modded car is not the same as the ZR1 and you guys know it. If you added additional radiators that will benefit from the new nose you probably have voided any warranty that GM would ever consider. Or at the very least they have more ammo to deny a claim. Plus, you did nothing for additional downforce/drag that the two different wings provide. I am not putting you down or your product, I really like what you do and mentioned your stuff in another thread today. Keep doing what you do in that respect.

I appreciate the feedback and recommendation of our product on the other thread. My intent was not to talk bad about the ZR1, but to offer alternative to those who do not like the wing.

Dane@LGmotorsports 11-17-2017 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by djpatrick35 (Post 1595986833)
So, does Callaway & LG get royalties for the supercharger/hood & front end or is ripping off the aftermarket just cool in the pool? :hide:

The active wing's pretty nice, but the ZR1 would've been legendary had it been a DOHC motor like what was rumored. Instead, we have a Best of the Aftermarket with a bigger blower and the same ugly front end as LG. The TIKT front end looks much more finished.

I'm going to stand pat with my Callaway for a while until the C8 comes out. This is in direct opposition than in 2012 when I bought a Centennial Edition & damn near traded it in the next year because they finally put an LS7 in a convertible.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...707efaaaff.jpg

The front end grows on you...

GarryZR1 11-17-2017 04:35 PM

Oh why not get one, the C7 is the best Vette ever. Had a C6 ZR1 and my 15' Z51 was far superior in every way except power. Not this trumps that by a lot.
The had decision will be what color? Orange, or new blue or silver?

DARTH VETTER 11-24-2017 01:36 AM

I’ll be adding one to the stable.

sunsalem 11-24-2017 02:03 AM

You're not the only one...
According to the poll as of this minute, almost 20% say they will too.

danm1 11-24-2017 09:53 AM

Impressed

Impressed but price point will determine if I can afford one, I love the large wing in back.

Crushinator 11-24-2017 07:28 PM

I'm impressed and would definitely buy one, if I could afford one.

spearfish25 11-24-2017 10:06 PM

I can’t help but feel that they didn’t really take it far enough. I’m impressed with the engine. I’m disappointed they didn’t put a spool valve shock setup as an option for ultimate track duty. I’m very disappointed in the rear end design which needs a more aggressive look to match the front (think diffuser). I’m also underwhelmed by the interior which I’d expect some special seat design, materials and ZR1 embroidery.

sunsalem 11-25-2017 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Crushinator (Post 1596037480)
I'm impressed and would definitely buy one, if I could afford one.

I think everyone on the forum would too if they won the lottery, but the question was who will BE buying (without the winning ticket ;)).

Originally Posted by spearfish25 (Post 1596038609)
I can’t help but feel that they didn’t really take it far enough. I’m impressed with the engine. I’m disappointed they didn’t put a spool valve shock setup as an option for ultimate track duty. I’m very disappointed in the rear end design which needs a more aggressive look to match the front (think diffuser). I’m also underwhelmed by the interior which I’d expect some special seat design, materials and ZR1 embroidery.

Yeah, pretty weak.

If they don't ask for more than $20K above the Z06, I guess it's OK.

CJ1957 11-25-2017 10:36 AM

I'm impressed, but won't buy.

Just simply can’t afford it. :crazy:

But if I won the powerball...............

MikeyTX 12-04-2017 07:04 PM

I will wait

Title says it all. Can i afford it? Yup. Do I want it? Nope. C8 ........ You bet.