CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   1967 Corvette value (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/4068456-1967-corvette-value.html)

19lover55 11-19-2017 08:04 AM

1967 Corvette value

I have an opportunity to purchase a 1967 Corvette that is 2 owner and has been stored since 1974. The second owner traded the original owner a tractor for the car in 1974. The car has never had a wrench laid on it other than he had it repainted in 1986 due to the fact the barn roof leaked a dripped rust on the roof. The car is otherwise 100% original with all factory components in place.The original owner is still alive and is now 93.
The car is a 1967 coupe red 427/400 with 4 speed, 27,000 original miles black leather interior S ide pipes that looks like it should be on the dealers showroom floor.
The second owner is 79 years old currently. He showed me the car 2 years ago sitting in a heated barn on his property. I was absolutely amazed at its condition. It is a time capsule that has been impicably stored.
Would anyone be able to help with value. I would like to offer a reasonable amount for the car,but don't really know what the value of a1967 unrestored Corvette would be.

Thanks

65GGvert 11-19-2017 08:23 AM

To even get a rough estimate, you need to post some pictures.

Nowhere Man 11-19-2017 08:48 AM

any where from 40K to 100K. but like said pictures would help a lot. if you don't know that much about them I would suggest hiring help. also if its like what you describe this car is not for the novices

Bluestripe67 11-19-2017 09:40 AM

First, WELCOME to the CF! On the first page of the C1/C2 section (top portion) is a STICKY section with guidence for posting pics. Check it out. A good digital camera does best. Pics of the vin and data plate under the glove box door are necessary. After that, the engine stamp pad forward passenger side of the block below the head. Then all general pics of the interior gauges, seats, rear storage compartment. If you can get the car up enough, pics of all the rear suspension side to side and the same for the front. The more, the better. :cheers: Dennis

65hihp 11-19-2017 10:00 AM

Another perfect, no miles, two owner, all original 67 big block stored since low 70s in a barn. Fully documented. Amazing! Always offered to someone new to the CF with zero knowledge of mid year prices. Amazing!
What a wonderful world this is.
What is it worth? $200,000 should get it.
good luck!

ChattanoogaJSB 11-19-2017 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by 65hihp (Post 1596000484)
Another perfect, no miles, two owner, all original 67 big block stored since low 70s in a barn. Fully documented. Amazing! Always offered to someone new to the CF with zero knowledge of mid year prices. Amazing!
What a wonderful world this is.
What is it worth? $200,000 should get it.
good luck!

:D

may also be click bait - well, we
clicked, didn't we?

GTOguy 11-19-2017 11:28 AM

Have never seen a car put into long, long term storage pulled out in mid-slumber for a repaint/spruce-up and then put right back into slumber. Rust stains from a galvanized barn roof? And fiberglass doesn't rust....rust stains would likely wipe off if the paint was as described....Red flag. Once a car becomes a shelf to put stuff on, a piece of static furniture, it stays that way until the owner dies. Consistently. If this is a genuine post, then Nowhere Man is right on the money.

19lover55 11-19-2017 01:26 PM

should of seen that coming

OK

OK, I should of seen that coming. I apologize to all of you.
I googled 1967 Corvette values and found this forum. I thought what a great place to ask value. I completely understand why the negativity. First all i want you to know i am not some 16 year old having FUN. Nor am I a fraud or phony. I was just asking for Help so i can make a Fair Offer on the car.The car is everything I described and probably more. I am fortunate to have met this fellow in 2000 and had No clue until 2 years ago he even had a corvette. I was passing thru where he lives and stopped to see him and he had a few old tractors he had restored. I told him i was never into tractors but Loved Old Cars,that's when he showed me his Corvette and shared the story and history. No Reason to doubt him as I have known done business with him for 20 years. I was in Awe when he removed the cover from the car. It is everything I described. As for the barn roof he said it was leaking above a metal beam and had screwed up the paint from sitting in the original owners barn for years.

Sorry for the confusion

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 1596000975)
Have never seen a car put into long, long term storage pulled out in mid-slumber for a repaint/spruce-up and then put right back into slumber. Rust stains from a galvanized barn roof? And fiberglass doesn't rust....rust stains would likely wipe off if the paint was as described....Red flag. Once a car becomes a shelf to put stuff on, a piece of static furniture, it stays that way until the owner dies. Consistently. If this is a genuine post, then Nowhere Man is right on the money.

HS Vette 11-19-2017 05:25 PM

Can I have the sellers phone number :D

jprop 11-19-2017 06:05 PM

Assuming the car is as you described, I would value it in the $80,000 to $90,000 range. Maybe even $100,000 with a lot of documentation. Condition is everything. If you are going to spend that kind of money, it would be wise to hire someone with corvette knowledge to inspect the car for you. Sounds like a nice car. Good luck in your purchase!

19lover55 11-19-2017 06:33 PM

LOL 👍<br />

Nowhere Man 11-19-2017 06:35 PM

You guys are forgetting that people where faking these cars back then and it was easier to do so as the pool of good parts where readily available

449er 11-19-2017 06:38 PM

I love reading these type of posts & hope that the car is all that is described... how many more could be out there? Please post some pics

Boyan 11-19-2017 07:08 PM

OP, If you pass on it I’m good for $125k if it was repainted in lacquer based on your description.

MOXIE62 11-19-2017 07:24 PM

You mean an old farmer back then purchased this kind of car and since it could not pull a plow, he traded a tractor for it. Not saying it's not true but it sure is a crazy story.:crazy:

Gary D. Jaynes 11-19-2017 07:46 PM

Without seeing pictures and the car in person there is no way to put a true value on it. If it has been in a barn the frame and bird cage could be rusted, mice could have chew up the interior and wiring, bumpers rusted, barns can play an havoc on on cars.

Dad's 59 11-19-2017 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by 19lover55 (Post 1596003376)
:iagree:LOL ��<br />

I hope it works out for you. It sounds like a nice car. It is better that it is a 400 and not one of the thousands of 435's. The corvette guys don't restamp and fake the 400's unless it has air conditioning. This is why you don't see to many 400's for sale. If I were you I would do my homework and if it is what you say it is and nice history any price under a 100K is a good deal. This forum is great but has a lot of deferent personality's so don't give any information beside the car and walk softly around what people respond to, just take as entertainment:lol:

Nowhere Man 11-19-2017 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dad's 59 (Post 1596003941)
I hope it works out for you. It sounds like a nice car. It is better that it is a 400 and not one of the thousands of 435's. The corvette guys don't restamp and fake the 400's unless it has air conditioning. This is why you don't see to many 400's for sale. If I were you I would do my homework and if it is what you say it is and nice history any price under a 100K is a good deal. This forum is great but has a lot of deferent personality's so don't give any information beside the car and walk softly around what people respond too just take as entertainment:lol:

oh I am sure they do. try to find a good used 400 parts. 435 stuff is everywhere. and there is a reason why Cranes repros the intakes

Gary D. Jaynes 11-19-2017 08:18 PM

stuff is not not cheap if you have to hunt it, plus to have it correctly restored. Plus the little trinkets items.

Jeffthunbird 11-19-2017 09:02 PM

I'm not an expert but if you read this forum, you will understand why many here are skeptical. There have been many too good to be true stories debunked. You will find good advice on this forum.
It sounds like your relationship with the owner is key. Maybe would rather see it go to a friend who is not just going to flip it. Maybe his family and local friends can't afford it and he doesn't want to deal with people he doesn't know. That might equal a good deal on a rare car.
It's definitely worth pursuing.