CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Is it just me, or.... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4081030-is-it-just-me-or.html)

fugly1 12-21-2017 01:40 AM

Is it just me, or....

...did the ZR1 discussion peter out -- way out -- right after it received its own forum.

Maybe it's just me.

jim2527 12-21-2017 06:10 AM

not much to discuss that hasn't been beat to death a biztrillion times already

1. MSRP. Check
2. Ring Time. check
3. Can I afford it. Check
4. Ring time. Check
5. Should I get floor mats? Check
6. Ring Time. Check.
7. Will it beat the 3,000hp Ferrari/McLaren? Check
8. Ring Time? Check.
9. How come they only make it in 58 colors? Check
10. Ring time? Check

What else is there?

SLBelt 12-21-2017 08:51 AM

Actually, I was thinking the same thing. Now that those of us that are ordering are in perpetual wait mode, I come up here to get my ZR1 fix. It's just not been happening much now.

I'm feeling somehow hollow and empty... :sad:

mikelj 12-21-2017 10:12 AM

Not much to discuss until people actually get the cars in hand, immediately start modding them, and start reporting problems.

DSOMDream 12-21-2017 09:16 PM

You want to feel hollow and empty? Try not being able to order one! $$$ Paul

Vernon 12-22-2017 07:07 AM

I suggest the next small “wave” will come with the DETROIT SHOW and later, journalist test reports. But it will be short term excitement.
The ME Vette is real and C8 speculation is getting lots of air time...and rightly so...the dream of a ME Vette has been a long time coming.
The C7 ZR1 is an evolution.
The C8 ‘prophesy’ is hoped to be “messianic”.
GM needs a C8 product that provides consumers with the visual appeal of a Ford GT, the performance of the top Ferrari, the reliability of a Lexus, the build quality of a Porsche...all at an affordable price point...yep, “messianic”.
Otherwise, it’s attention will be short lived as well.

With my biblical terms, Merry Christmas Corvette friends!

Always Red Dave 12-23-2017 12:23 PM

Once the ZR1 is built and purchased by owner this ZR1 section will be VERY VERY BUSY!:thumbs::rock::yesnod::yesnod:

sunsalem 12-23-2017 12:44 PM

Before the reveal, the big build-up for the ZR1 seemingly would never end.
Of course, this brought about a LOT of speculation.
As it turned it, this car is just an upgraded Z06 (as most of us anticipated) that will ACTUALLY be the track car the Z06 was promised to be.

I didn't buy my Z06 for use as a track car, but others did.
And they have been royally pissed off (and rightly so) ever since.
More than anything, I think the ZR1 is a way to try to win back trust and apologize for the stupid, unsubstantiated claims made by certain GM executives concerning the track-worthiness of the Z06.

NOW....OTOH, the ME is an entirely different kettle of fish and will light up this forum the closer we get to its reveal.:steering:

Range_Rat 12-23-2017 12:49 PM

Since from the A pillars back, the new ZR1 is (except for the new wing assembly) essentially a Z06 , most of the collective thoughts of the Corvette faithful regarding that part of the car have already been articulated and documented. We have pretty much covered everything going forward (fenders, hood, cowling, cooling vents, and wheels) as well ... so the only thing left to really focus on is the enhanced performance capabilities of the ZR1.

Drooling just thinking about it ... :yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

sTz 12-23-2017 06:53 PM

Calm before the storm.

musclecar6 12-24-2017 09:02 AM

It’s just another supercharged corvette. What’s the big deal ? So what if every vette junkie is out trying to mortgage anything they can dream up to get his/her hands on one. So what if it’s the ultimate vette with all the bells & whistles especially that humongous spoiler that let’s the whole world know it’s packing serious heat. After all it’s just another supercharged corvette.

Vernon 12-24-2017 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by musclecar6 (Post 1596242794)
It’s just another supercharged corvette. What’s the big deal ? So what if every vette junkie is out trying to mortgage anything they can dream up to get his/her hands on one. So what if it’s the ultimate vette with all the bells & whistles especially that humongous spoiler that let’s the whole world know it’s packing serious heat. After all it’s just another supercharged corvette.

Yep, that’s all...thanks for the Christmas Eve chuckle.

Steve Garrett 12-24-2017 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave (Post 1596238003)
Once the ZR1 is built and purchased by owner this ZR1 section will be VERY VERY BUSY!:thumbs::rock::yesnod::yesnod:

This......

Originally Posted by musclecar6 (Post 1596242794)

You're a funny guy-just another supercharged Corvette. Yea, it's only 755 horsepower too. No big deal, right????

Scudz 12-24-2017 03:47 PM

I’ve been hooked on the Code Name Zerv thread in the c8 section.

dbaker 12-24-2017 03:57 PM

As with anything new,speculation gets hot and cools when the facts/specs become known.

“When the legend becomes fact, print the legend”

\db2

mikelj 12-24-2017 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Steven Bell (Post 1596244440)
This......

You're a funny guy-just another supercharged Corvette. Yea, it's only 755 horsepower too. No big deal, right????

I remember the lack of hype when the C6 ZR1 came out with only 638 HP. No lines, no waiting lists, no huge ADMs from dealers, no rationing "allocations" going on. I just walked into my Chevy dealer and ordered it, no hassle at all. Amazing what another 100 or so HP does to car people.........:willy:

fugly1 12-24-2017 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Steven Bell (Post 1596244440)

I think he was being sarcastic? He might have thought I was hating on the ZR1 by starting the thread. But I'm not. I think the car is cool. I just thought it was amusing that CF was reluctant to start a new ZR1 forum because they knew the demand was only temporary, then caved in just as demand subsided.

musclecar6 12-24-2017 04:28 PM

Actually I was not being sarcastic. I was giving a huge back handed complement to what portends to be far and away the greatest bone stock corvette GM has ever produced. Sorry if some misinterpeted that effort.

DARTH VETTER 12-24-2017 11:47 PM

As stated, it will pick up once cars hit the street.

Kurac 12-25-2017 10:02 AM

Now with legit C8 CAD diagrams leaked, I bet that has taken a chunk out of the ZR1's thunder.