CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/408120-modaholics-anonymous-2nd-meeting-will-come-to-order.html)

vstella 10-10-2002 08:30 PM

MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order !

:seeya: WELCOME all you gearheads and MOD freaks..!! This is our 2nd meeting and I would just like to welcome any of our new members to our meeting.:yesnod: For our charter members such as Nitrovette , Gary Brown and Buckmaster....welcome back you especially need the support of the group.. :lol: :yesnod:

Ok then.. My name is Vince and I am a MODAHOLIC! :yesnod: I know this because as soon as I complete a mod I need another. For example I just had my ARE heads re-ported and polished with new larger valves and I even had my throttlebody ported...Oh Yeah..I had a Hurst roll control(line-loc) installed too just because it looked cool in the Jegs catalog. I got some great results from the mod and I'm glad it's done!:yesnod: Now you would think that would be enough to hold me over but ...Nooooooo. I need more:crazy: So now I'm looking at a new Torque converter..maybe a YANK ST3500 . This will be my 3rd converter:eek: I presently have the PT2800 and I like it ..but.... bigger is better and I want more!!! :smash: I'm also thinkin a 4.10 rear would be a nice compliment and of course that would need new programming..Hey! now that would be a great opportunity to fine tune to the engine A/F maybe a set of Z06 injectors to fatten the A/F..Yeah , that's it.. that's the plan!! :lol: Oh Mike..can I get an appointment..:lol:

I'm rambling now so I will let some of our other memners have their chance to speak. this is a equal opportunity meeting and I invite anyone with this disorder to speak up and let your brother modaholics be there for you.. :blueangel: We care!! :yesnod:

[Modified by vstella, 7:33 PM 10/10/2002]

tito 10-10-2002 08:35 PM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (vstella)

:lol: i can relate.. can a car ever really be finished.. there is always something.. (roll-cage) hint hint

Z06 Mike 10-10-2002 08:43 PM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (tito)

OCTOBER Mod's: ATI Procharger & Custom install and pulley rework by Andy @ A&A Corvettes, StainlessWorks Full Length Headers with Swaintech Coating, A&A Stage II Heads, 224 Cam, 3:73 Diff from Xtreme, NGK TR6's. :eek: :eek: :eek:

[Modified by OCMike, 5:08 PM 10/10/2002]

vstella 10-10-2002 08:47 PM

:lol: i can relate.. can a car ever really be finished.. there is always something.. (roll-cage) hint hint
Oh !...I forgot the rollcage..I'm gonna need one of those being in the 11's..Oh my..does it ever end ?:cry :cry :cry

vetterdstr 10-10-2002 08:55 PM

I just installed the Dual A-Pod gauge with Boost and fuel gauges. Next up is 160 deg thermo, stage II ATI S/C install with all new plumbing and 1 large intercooler, rad relocation, new fuel pump and fuel pump controller. I am making a decision on a 224 cam right now. More than likely I am going to have that done too... Mods should be completed in 2 weeks.

vetterdstr :cheers:

Z06 Mike 10-10-2002 09:01 PM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (OCMike)

OCTOBER Mod's: ATI Procharger & Custom install and pulley rework by Andy @ A&A Corvettes, StainlessWorks Full Length Headers with Swaintech Coating, A&A Stage II Heads, 224 Cam, 3:73 Diff from Xtreme, NGK TR6's. :eek: :eek: :eek:
OOOPS! Forgot the Dual A-Pod guages........

[Modified by OCMike, 5:04 PM 10/10/2002]

tito 10-10-2002 09:14 PM

when all is said and done.. a car can never have enough zaino.. though i must admit.. i hate to use Zaino.. pain in the azz.. whoever said that it just wipes off should be shot!!! If i ever get arthritis.. i'll know it was from Zano

[Modified by tito, 1:15 AM 10/11/2002]

nevadacoin 10-10-2002 09:23 PM

Thank god you called another meeting..I was ready to pull the trigger on another $750....Now I will have to wait till Friday when the meeting is over. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

MiamiDave 10-10-2002 10:16 PM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (nevadacoin)

Awww....I can't beleive I'm admitting this-I hardly know you all...but I just replaced my whole exhaust for my 10K birthday...FLP header/HF cat/Xpipe/Zo6 Catback...160 thermo, new plugs, wires, Z06 swaybars, clear tastic-and worse-I'm so ashamed!

New oil AND trans AND rear differential Fluids. Hopefully I will be OK until her 20K B-day...but crap! Brakes rotors and calipers loook soooo cooool....and some computer programing...ooooo :yesnod:

Ram Air Tony 10-10-2002 10:58 PM

I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crazy:

C5-VERT 10-10-2002 11:01 PM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (MiamiDave)

Well I am not doing much as usual...

October
MMS 388 Cubic Inch ALL-BORE
Forged Pistions
Lunati Forged Rods
Stage III heads matched and unscrouded valves for large bore
Big Bore Throttle Body
30lb injectors
BeCool Radiator

September
Spec Star III Carbon Clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Mcloed Adj. Master

Everything in my sig has been pretty much this year!

Well over 20K this year! :eek:

I SWEAR I AM DONE!!! :yesnod:

[Modified by C5-VERT, 10:02 PM 10/10/2002]

cselz 10-10-2002 11:17 PM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (Ram Air Tony)

I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:crazy:
Me neither....I spend :crazy:
.............my wife yells :cuss
...............no problem :cool:

:cheers:

-Chris

[Modified by cselz, 9:22 PM 10/10/2002]

Mopar Jimmy 10-10-2002 11:19 PM

Vince:

You truly our a sick pup bitten badly by the 1/4 mile and C5 performance West Nile Florida bug! Your killing me dude with your recent mods you are contemplating after the work you just got down. :crazy: I have to admit if you go to the 4.10s and st 3500 you surely will have a consistent mid 11 second BEAST of a pewter A4 C5 on your hand, but not until you forget one of the last and final mods that you will desperately need to plant all that torque to the ground, that being the CCW drag package with et streets (or probably hoosier full out drag slicks) which i have been preaching to you since the very beginning of this season! :yesnod: :lol: Trust me, the BFG drag radials will not hook you up anymore with your recent mods and suggested mods for the future which do sound like a great game plan if you plan is to build a 1/4 mile MONSTER!

I mean i don't no why my name keeps on surfacing as being in desperate need of performance mod pyschotherapy, when i actually feel normal and tame compared to the antics of you and BRother Gary the last month or so! :yesnod: :lol: But then again, come think about it, i guess if i didn't get stuck not selling my first home b/f buying a new one and getting stuck with 2 HEFTY mortgages for almost a year, i probably would have my 427 superstroker iron block 500rwhp LS1 engine on order for winter install, with Cerra Racing single turbo on deck to be added on to the BAD BOY stroker :crazy:

Best of Luck and don't forget that ROLLBAR!

Nitrovette :cheers:

[Modified by Nitrovette, 9:23 PM 10/10/2002]

[Modified by Nitrovette, 9:27 PM 10/10/2002]

Mopar Jimmy 10-10-2002 11:28 PM

Vince:

You truly our a sick pup bitten badly by the 1/4 mile and C5 performance West Nile Florida bug! Your killing me dude with your recent mods you are contemplating after the work you just got down. :crazy: I have to admit if you go to the 4.10s and st 3500 you surely will have a consistent mid 11 second BEAST of a pewter A4 C5 on your hand, but not until you forget one of the last and final mods that you will desperately need to plant all that torque to the ground, that being the CCW drag package with et streets (or probably hoosier full out drag slicks) which i have been preaching to you since the very beginning of this season! :yesnod: :lol: Trust me, the BFG drag radials will not hook you up anymore with your recent mods and suggested mods for the future which do sound like a great game plan if you plan is to build a 1/4 mile MONSTER!

I mean i don't no why my name keeps on surfacing as i actually feel normal compared to the antics of you and BRother Gary the last several months! :yesnod: :lol:

Best of Luck on your endeavors :cheers:

Nitrovette

vstella 10-10-2002 11:47 PM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (Nitrovette)

Vince:...You truly our a sick pup bitten badly by the 1/4 mile and C5 performance West Nile Florida bug! I mean i don't no why my name keeps on surfacing as i actually feel normal compared to the antics of you and BRother Gary the last several months! :yesnod: :lol: .....

Future Mods=427 Ironblock Stroker/Single Turbo?/supercharger?
6 pt. custom Roll Bar for my Roadster/Need to start thinking safety!

Nitrovette

Seems your not cured either..nice to have you still around!! :yesnod:

[Modified by vstella, 10:48 PM 10/10/2002]

Slack 10-10-2002 11:54 PM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (Nitrovette)

Hello, my name is Jerome and I am a modaholic :yesnod:

I have had my car for about 3 months now and I have completed the following:

1. Hotchkis Sways
2. Bilstein Sports
3. Lowered about an inch on all 4s
5. Hurst Shifter and Hardbar shift knob
6. K&N Gen II
7. Corsa Indy's w/x-pipe
8. Optima Red Top
9. Centerforce Dual-Friction Clutch
10. Redline Diff and Tranny fluid
11. Tinted Windows
12. Frame Savers and Rails
13. Lot's of detailing equipment and supplies
On the way as I write this ...
XMS Polished Wheels
Michelin Pilot Sports

I promise this is it :lol:

vstella 10-11-2002 12:24 AM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (jeromet)

Hello, my name is Jerome and I am a modaholic :yesnod:

I have had my car for about 3 months now and I have completed the following:

1. Hotchkis Sways
2. Bilstein Sports
3. Lowered about an inch on all 4s
5. Hurst Shifter and Hardbar shift knob
6. K&N Gen II
7. Corsa Indy's w/x-pipe
8. Optima Red Top
9. Centerforce Dual-Friction Clutch
10. Redline Diff and Tranny fluid
11. Tinted Windows
12. Frame Savers and Rails
13. Lot's of detailing equipment and supplies
On the way as I write this ...
XMS Polished Wheels
Michelin Pilot Sports

I promise this is it :lol: .........jeromet
:eek: You've been a busy little modaholic..haven't you :yesnod: ...keep up the good work! :lol: :lol:

jbsblownc5 10-11-2002 12:35 AM

Well, I'd better check in. My name is Joel and I am still a Modaholic. I just bought a lap top today so I can now play with my LS1edit. I'm also looking into new adjustable shocks. I guess this means my wife will hit me up for another piece of furniture. :eek:
JB

gary brown 10-11-2002 04:21 AM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (jbsblownc5)

Hello everyone. My name is Gary and I am a Modaholic.

I have been in "the program" for awhile but sometimes I wonder if it is really helping me. I mean, I try to work "the steps" but I keep on getting tripped up on doing the personal inventory.

Wait, is that my Personal inventory or my MOD inventory? :D

As reqeusted - by my fellow addicts, I would like to suggest that we review the 12-steps of Modaholics Anonymous together:

1. We admitted we were powerless over mod fever - that our lives had become unmanageable. :smash:

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity....yeh, more HORSE POWER! :reddevil :D

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of all of the sponsors on the CF Forum as we understood Them. :seeya

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves....and concluded that when it comes to mod fever, we are hopeless. :rolleyes:

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our mod fever...and then swapped parts catalogs. :cheers:

6. Were entirely ready to have Our Sponsors remove all these defects of character. Defects of character? DEFECTS OF CHARACTER?! We don't have no stinking defects of character!!! :nono: :lol:

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings...such as stock intakes, stock exhausts, stock top ends, stock bottom ends, stock trannys, stock gears, stock rims and tires... :D

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all....yeah, like that young punk in the Mustang that I waxed last weekend! :yesnod:

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others....yeah, only beat Vipers by three car-lengths instead of six! :jester

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. Yeah, like when I got too low a stall converter. I admitted I was "wrong" and updated my "personal inventory" by getting a Pro Thruster from "Father Mike" at YANK! :crazy:

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. Yep, this works. I prayed and meditated that VISA would increase my credit limit. Thus, the knowledge that came with the power of prayer and the power of purchase was answered and now I can get even MORE mods! :crazy: :eek: :D :rolleyes: :lol:

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other fellow mod-aholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs. :cheers:

Having reviewed these 12-steps, I would now like to share with the group. I don't think that I will be getting my first 30-day chip this month. I made it about two days between my last mods and the new ones on order.

My story is so sad. :cry I picked up my beast from MMS. I had promised myself that I would not have any new mods until the new year. But then I went to the track and ran my first pass in the 11's with the new Prothruster 4200 and Getrag 3.73's. I thought that that would be enough to hold me over. But, when the day was over I was so "intoxicated" with speed that I had to have more. :rolleyes:

I was powerless to do anything about it. I tried. Honest. I really did. But in the end I had to call Mike Morgan and order a pair of LS6 Stage IIx heads. Sadly, my fall from grace did not stop there. In a halting voice - and while feeling sooooooo out of control - I stepped up to the MMS mod-bar again and ordered a bad-boy 229 v2.2 .588 112 lsa cam as well.

I felt so humiliated. :( I was so embarrassed. :bb I just couldn't stop myself. It made me :U but I kept ordering more and more. Replacing the stock head bolts for 60 bucks wasn't enough. No, I had to order the ARP bolts. :smash: It just went on and on until I passed out. I don't remember anything after that. I guess I had another blackout... :eek:

Somebody - anybody - please...PLEASE help me... :sad:

[Modified by gary brown, 3:27 AM 10/11/2002]

WALLstAL 10-11-2002 04:54 AM

Re: MODAHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2nd MEETING will come to order ! (gary brown)

Well, I was a Performance Modaholic, I have been cured! I have been in recovery for 7 month.

Thank you, I am finished! Cured, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

[Modified by wallstAL, 1:08 AM 10/11/2002]