CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Bump up to the Stage 2 or 3 aero package? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4088904-bump-up-to-the-stage-2-or-3-aero-package.html)

jdlev 01-12-2018 07:42 AM

Bump up to the Stage 2 or 3 aero package?

Presently have a '15 Z06 w/ the stage 1 aero package on it, and have always had a soft spot for the stage 2/3 spoilers. Also like the rockers. Could live with or without the 2 front lip, but think the stage 3 wings on the front might be a bit over zealous lol.

I've looked around, and seen the prices kind of fall all over the spectrum...from the Chinese stuff on ebay to full carbon fiber setups that were well over a grand. Watched a few videos on the ebay items, and people seemed to like them...but curious how they held up.

Question is, what brands/vendors do you guys recommend for purchasing a few aero package items from? Definitely want to bump up to the Wickerbill spoiler at a minimum.

DevilDog II 01-12-2018 08:00 AM

I have ACS side skirts. They fit perfectly and were easy to install. I upgraded my rear spoiler from a Stage I to a Stage II last summer. I ordered the parts through GM and didn't think they were too expensive. The Stage I spoiler required a little work to remove (removing the adhesive was the most time consuming part), but fit perfectly. It took me about an hour to remove the Stage I spoiler and install the new one. :cheers:

SLEEKVET 01-12-2018 10:31 AM

I purchased the rear Stage 2 Wickerbill from Cultrag and took a chance with the reproduction front Stage 2 splitter (Made in the USA) from Corvette World for $600 shipped to my door, which looks excellent and fits like factory. That left me some money to put Xpel on the front splitter, otherwise the splitter will chip very quickly. I already have 3/4 skirts so it looks very nice with the other Stage 2 pieces. Many of the vendors have Stage 2 packages as good prices.

subchev 01-12-2018 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by jdlev (Post 1596361258)
Presently have a '15 Z06 w/ the stage 1 aero package on it, and have always had a soft spot for the stage 2/3 spoilers. Also like the rockers. Could live with or without the 2 front lip, but think the stage 3 wings on the front might be a bit over zealous lol.

I've looked around, and seen the prices kind of fall all over the spectrum...from the Chinese stuff on ebay to full carbon fiber setups that were well over a grand. Watched a few videos on the ebay items, and people seemed to like them...but curious how they held up.

Question is, what brands/vendors do you guys recommend for purchasing a few aero package items from? Definitely want to bump up to the Wickerbill spoiler at a minimum.

If you are interested in purchasing factory GM parts, we can help you out :cheers:

davepl 01-12-2018 12:11 PM

I think the car looks much better with it. I bought a non-Z07 car and then added Stage 2 up front and Stage 3 in the rear, as I felt that was the best cosmetically.

oldC5 01-12-2018 12:53 PM

I had stage 1 , than stage 2 and now stage 3 .
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...47d31e3cda.jpg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...bbdefba422.jpg

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...ba09e64067.jpg

jdlev 01-12-2018 11:54 PM

Nice ride oldC5! That's most of what I'm looking at doing less the jake skull stuff. Did you do the install yourself or take it to a shop?

3 Z06ZR1 01-13-2018 04:39 AM

Stage 1 is the way go on the street, car is slower and will cost you speed when you need it and less MPG unless you track with both 2 and 3! I don't see the point. Change for looks is total MEH! :willy:

SterlingDrive 01-13-2018 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by DevilDog II (Post 1596361345)
I have ACS side skirts. They fit perfectly and were easy to install. I upgraded my rear spoiler from a Stage I to a Stage II last summer. I ordered the parts through GM and didn't think they were too expensive. The Stage I spoiler required a little work to remove (removing the adhesive was the most time consuming part), but fit perfectly. It took me about an hour to remove the Stage I spoiler and install the new one. :cheers:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...cae61c0216.jpg

JDlev,

I did exactly what Devil Dog did and am very happy. I think it is a nice compromise and is still semi-practical for street driving.

Good luck,

Dave
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...ac2f5ccbec.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...57e334706c.jpg

DevilDog II 01-13-2018 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by SterlingDrive (Post 1596367987)
JDlev,

I did exactly what Devil Dog did and am very happy. I think it is a nice compromise and is still semi-practical for street driving.

Good luck,

Dave

I forgot to mention that I also have the ACS front and rear splash guards, which were also very easy to install. :cheers:

saleen556 01-13-2018 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 (Post 1596367964)
Stage 1 is the way go on the street, car is slower and will cost you speed when you need it and less MPG unless you track with both 2 and 3! I don't see the point. Change for looks is total MEH! :willy:

Lol. Looks are subjective. Nobody is going to notice a loss of speed on the street. I highly doubt one could notice 1MPG difference with stage 3 at 70 MPH. It basically comes down to which look one prefers. I like stage 2 myself :-)

Hill Country Moto 01-13-2018 11:07 AM

I am converting my Stage 1 Z06 to full Stage 3 Aero all the way around. Installed the ACS Stage 3 Wicker Spoiler Conversion to my car yesterday and it was a breeze. Even removing the factory glue strips wasn't nearly as much of a pain as I had read it would be. Although my thumb has a huge blister on it now.

MMM15ZO6 01-13-2018 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 (Post 1596367964)

Here you go again.....you have to debate or disagree. We all know you have an M7 and an A8. Why done you pay more attention to them and less debating people who want a certain look in their Z06.

Everyone has different interest in cars and it probably doesn't align with yours. When it doesn't you seem to be the first one to let them know.

I wonder if you even know how to check your oil or even change it!!!!!

oldC5 01-13-2018 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by jdlev (Post 1596367553)
Nice ride oldC5! That's most of what I'm looking at doing less the jake skull stuff. Did you do the install yourself or take it to a shop?

I installed everything with the help of my friends lift . He helped to. Its easier with two people on the skirts and splitter. :thumbs:

3 Z06ZR1 01-13-2018 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by MMM15ZO6 (Post 1596369691)
Here you go again.....you have to debate or disagree. We all know you have an M7 and an A8. Why done you pay more attention to them and less debating people who want a certain look in their Z06.

Everyone has different interest in cars and it probably doesn't align with yours. When it doesn't you seem to be the first one to let them know.

I wonder if you even know how to check your oil or even change it!!!!!

LOL Hey You go again! Everybody has a different interest! You have to debate or disagree? HAHA! What is the forum here for?

If your going to talk cars this is the place. Gee Wally you sound like your sore! Lots of members prefer the stage ! Don't get your panties in bunch!

I know far more than you about Corvette's! Worked on more than you. Numbers 8 and 9 are in the garage. I've install radiators, headers and Superchargers a few sets of each all on my Corvette's ! Also changed a lot more oil than you as well! I own 6 cars and I don't do Jiffy lube!

JumpingJackFlash 01-13-2018 02:18 PM

The thread has me thinking. Do any vendors offer the stage 2 splitter (or rockers for that matter) pre-installed with Expel? Is this something that is desirable or is it impractical?

oldC5 01-13-2018 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by JumpingJackFlash (Post 1596370623)
The thread has me thinking. Do any vendors offer the stage 2 splitter (or rockers for that matter) pre-installed with Expel? Is this something that is desirable or is it impractical?

I added xpel to my front bumper , lights ,and mirror. My installer added the splitter for free. Really high impact area . I thought it would be easier to touch up splitter with paint than see all the impacts on xpel but so far its all good .Xpel has performed better than expected.:thumbs:

3 Z06ZR1 01-13-2018 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by saleen556 (Post 1596369228)
Lol. Looks are subjective. Nobody is going to notice a loss of speed on the street. I highly doubt one could notice 1MPG difference with stage 3 at 70 MPH. It basically comes down to which look one prefers. I like stage 2 myself :-)

All good points some like the stage 3!
Is to each his own on options. :cheers:

ohrich 01-13-2018 11:49 PM

I had Stage 1 aero on my car.

Upgraded to ACS Stage 2 front splitter with side rockers and rear diffuser fins.

So I guess you can say, I'm now running Stage 1.5 aero.

I didn't want to upgrade my rear spoiler to stage 2. I find it reduces rear visibility.

Quality of the ACS stuff is great. Almost like OEM.

Originally Posted by jdlev (Post 1596361258)

saleen556 01-14-2018 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 (Post 1596372874)
All good points some like the stage 3!
Is to each his own on options. :cheers:

It does look good. I'm still considering putting mine on this spring or just selling them.