CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Events (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events-97/)
-   -   ... 74 more days... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events/4090903-74-more-days.html)

corrado 01-17-2018 09:18 AM

... 74 more days...

... 'til GO TIME!!

Patman 01-17-2018 10:09 AM

As I just mentioned on Facebook, I think I'm going to bring mine out this weekend, as long as they don't salt the roads between now and then they should be in good shape. I'm chomping at the bit to drive my new beast, I only got to drive it the one night I picked it up (Dec 20th) and it's been parked ever since.

WildWilly55 01-17-2018 02:00 PM

AWESOME--Corrado

walleyejack 01-17-2018 03:21 PM

:thumbs:

Cap'n Pete 01-17-2018 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 1596394760)
As I just mentioned on Facebook, I think I'm going to bring mine out this weekend, as long as they don't salt the roads between now and then they should be in good shape. I'm chomping at the bit to drive my new beast, I only got to drive it the one night I picked it up (Dec 20th) and it's been parked ever since.

I feel your pain ..... I picked up my car Dec. 1st (...after a 5yr hiatus at that!) ..... but I can't bring myself to take it out on these roads. The salt/grime/residue is one thing, but at these low temps, the tires are like hockey pucks anyways. It was 0°C the night I brought the car home, and just glancing at the throttle would break the tires loose. What's another ~74 days?!?! :willy: :crazy: :canadaflag:

briankeery 01-17-2018 05:38 PM

Only 27 till spring training......:D

Black 03 Z06 01-17-2018 07:41 PM

Love positive thinking. Giddy up indeed.:thumbs:

walleyejack 01-17-2018 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06 (Post 1596398785)
Love positive thinking. Giddy up indeed.:thumbs:

Patman 01-17-2018 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Pete (Post 1596397396)
I feel your pain ..... I picked up my car Dec. 1st (...after a 5yr hiatus at that!) ..... but I can't bring myself to take it out on these roads. The salt/grime/residue is one thing, but at these low temps, the tires are like hockey pucks anyways. It was 0°C the night I brought the car home, and just glancing at the throttle would break the tires loose. What's another ~74 days?!?! :willy: :crazy: :canadaflag:

It's my hope that there will be very little salt left on the highways by the weekend and if it gets up to 7C like the Weather Network promises that's not too bad in terms of traction (especially since the tires will start off semi warm from the car being in the garage) I wouldn't be going hard on the throttle anyhow, not during the break in period. But if it turns out the road conditions aren't good, I won't chance getting it covered in salt, it's too clean right now! I know I won't have to wait until March to drive it, there's bound to be some nice weather a few times between now and then :yesnod:

Brian71 01-17-2018 09:53 PM

I'm heading up to Port Perry tomorrow to pick up my Z06 from Stevenson's and driving it to South Etobicoke.

Cap'n Pete 01-18-2018 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 1596399198)
... and if it gets up to 7C like the Weather Network promises that's not too bad in terms of traction ...

Good point. If it goes that mild, that's definitely not bad (for January! :crazy2: ).

JB08 01-18-2018 09:21 AM

...73. Can’t wait to giddy up.

Regarding driving the C7 in cold temperatures, dial it to Weather mode. It overrides your lead foot.

Patman 01-18-2018 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cap'n Pete (Post 1596401124)
Good point. If it goes that mild, that's definitely not bad (for January! :crazy2: ).

It's funny how that kind of temperature will feel very warm up here in January, but a few weeks ago when I was in Florida and it got that low overnight, everyone there was wearing parkas! :lol:

Originally Posted by JB08 (Post 1596401367)
...73. Can’t wait to giddy up.

Regarding driving the C7 in cold temperatures, dial it to Weather mode. It overrides your lead foot.

When I drove my C7 home it was hovering around the freezing mark so I kept it in weather mode. In fact I think I'll drive it in weather or touring mode any time I take it out during the next few cold months just to be safe. Once the break in period is over and the temperatures get above 15C though, I'll be running it in sport or track mode for sure, that'll be fun! :thumbs:

Black 03 Z06 01-18-2018 02:38 PM

Patman there was a segment on CTV this morning about the plague of pot holes in the GTA.

Keep an eye out.:willy:

Brian71 01-18-2018 09:56 PM

Well I picked my car up today. Dave Stevenson offered to tow my car home but I really wanted to drive the car. The roads were pretty dry but the roads were white from salt. There weren't as many potholes on the 401 as I thought. The Gardiner on the other hand was pretty bad. Good thing it was stop-go traffic.
With the cold weather there was zero traction.

Patman 01-20-2018 04:15 PM

I couldn't resist the nice weather so I took mine out today! It's not often that you can say you doubled the mileage on your car in one day, but that's exactly what I did! I had 126 km on it when I left and it now has 256 km on it :) The roads are pretty salt free around here but there was a lot of wetness from the melting snow. In fact when I was driving up the 410 there was one small stretch that was completely soaked with water and my car got totally filthy! But I just used that as an excuse to drive it even further, so I drove it to Burlington near my work where I knew there was a do it yourself car wash and gave it a bath. :) I didn't push the car too hard except for a few medium throttle blasts once the tire temperature said "normal" and I had no traction issues. Tomorrow looks to be similar weather, so I might just see if I can double the mileage once again! :D

Black 03 Z06 01-20-2018 05:07 PM

A brave guy. Sounds like you had fun.

Cap'n Pete 01-20-2018 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 1596416715)
I didn't push the car too hard except for a few medium throttle blasts once the tire temperature said "normal" and I had no traction issues.

These motors are virtually bullet-proof, and there is nothing wrong with getting on the throttle "too soon". In all honesty, a good, hard break-in is probably BETTER for them in the long run than going "easy". My '02 Z28 (LS1 motor) had 132kms on the odometer within the first ~24hrs that I owned the car, and I took it right up to redline and ~160+km/h (pretty much a 1/4 mile drag race!) and that motor lived to 150,000kms (until I retired the car) and that motor used minimal oil between oil changes, and I raced the living SNOT out of it (spirited driving, drag racing and road course racing) for several years.

Happy to hear you got out for a rip today! :thumbs:

Efx 01-20-2018 07:08 PM

Took my turd around the block, couldn't resist :rock::rock::rock:

walleyejack 01-20-2018 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Efx (Post 1596417772)
Took my turd around the block, couldn't resist :rock::rock::rock: