CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Don't put any stickers on your Vette (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4101972-dont-put-any-stickers-on-your-vette.html)

Italianfox 02-13-2018 07:48 PM

Don't put any stickers on your Vette

Anyone seen this?

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2016/...umper-sticker/

iTom 02-13-2018 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Italianfox (Post 1596585736)

So sad!!

mschuyler 02-13-2018 07:55 PM

This got a lot of play prior to the election and has been on here. Love trumps hate, dontcha know?

dvilin 02-13-2018 07:56 PM

Disgusting how people have no respect for the property of others and act like freaking brainless animals.

cor66vette 02-13-2018 07:58 PM

Such a silly assumption the bumper sticker caused this.

village idiot 02-13-2018 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by cor66vette (Post 1596585805)

Not really- it's outright shocking how politicized and angry people are politics. People are hyper polarized about politics these days. Everything is a point to get outraged at the other party about (except stuff that ACTUALLY matters).

I'm an attorney and I was picking a jury yesterday. I explained a jury instruction the selector jurors would receive from the judge and asked a juror if he could follow this law if he was selected as a juror. Mind you- this is a LAW, not my opinion. I shit you not, the guy expressed his disagreement with the law and said "you're probably a Hilary supporter and think she should be president because she won the popular vote."
:lol: What the hell? Anyone he disagrees with or doesn't like must be someone from the other party. He literally can't even distinguish the two. It's unfathomable to him that the basis for anything he disagrees with could be from anything but liberals. If a stray cat dog in this guy's yard, he'd be telling his wife it must have been a dog that got out from a democrat's house.

It's not just one side, both sides are just up in arms. People were literally screaming and crying in the street when Trump won. I can't imagine any human being short of Hitler being sworn in to office that could make me scream, cry, vandalize, etc.

It's by design. It's easier to get voters by enraging them about the other side than because they love your side. Everyone is a fan of their favorite sports team, but they really come out out and hoot and cheer when they are playing their arch rivals. Add atomizing and persistent social media and people have lost whatever semblance of a mind they used to have.

LT1 Z51 02-13-2018 08:19 PM

No matter what a bumper sticker, lawn sign, or anything says it is NEVER acceptable to damage another persons property.

Think about your own property and how you'd feel if someone damaged it. Arguing with people is one thing, name calling is another, but damaging property.... that is crossing the line.

Unfortunately we live in a world where each side demonized and dehumanizes everyone who disagrees so much that we stop treating them like people as a society. That is the beginning of the end in my opinion. People need to stop this type of behavior.

Crossed Flags Fan 02-13-2018 08:29 PM

Yikes....

Why do I have a bad feeling where this thread is headed? :eek:

\Boost Monkey/ 02-13-2018 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by cor66vette (Post 1596585805)

Actually... no it’s not. The hate level is rediculous.

The real tradegy here is putting any political bumper sticker on a Vette.

...Keep those for the Tahoe or Camry. Clean and mean on your sports and super cars please.

mschuyler 02-13-2018 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by village idiot (Post 1596585883)
It's by design. It's easier to get voters by enraging them about the other side than because they love your side.

I think there is a lot of truth to that. And 'social media' is not helping. It's the era of the 5 second Twitter sound bite. And sad to say, forums are in that category. We've all seen how easy it is to get spun up over a post, something extremely unlikely if we were people in the same room having a conversation. I'm thinking this 'instant communication' is not good for the fabric of society. IMHO

mschuyler 02-13-2018 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Crossed Flags Fan (Post 1596585996)
Why do I have a bad feeling where this thread is headed? :eek:

We're doing okay so far.

ExRedRacer 02-13-2018 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by mschuyler (Post 1596586021)
We're doing okay so far.

Still early....just on the first page.

onebadcad 02-13-2018 08:42 PM

Looks like some are afraid to acknowledge the left uses frequent intimidation and violence.
It started at TRUMP rallies and continues stronger today, with 44 and soros condoning, funding and coordinating demonstrations against TRUMP and free speech and choice.

Prove me wrong by posting up all the photos of all the other C7s that have been vandalized to this degree.

If you do not accept the truth life gets tougher,,,