CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   so is this bodykit impossible to purchase? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/4102643-so-is-this-bodykit-impossible-to-purchase.html)

powerboat 02-15-2018 03:38 PM

so is this bodykit impossible to purchase?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everybody.
i'm looking for a BSM corvette bodykit, or only the front bumper...
but it looks like there is no way to get it.
i also looked on the c4 facebook page's but no one has one...
can anyone help me? most wanted is this bumper..

85vegasvette 02-15-2018 04:33 PM

I like it

Mr. Peabody 02-15-2018 04:45 PM

That is one of the nicer looking kits that was produced for the C4. People have been posting and talking about this kit for years. I have never heard of someone successfully importing one from Japan due to cost.

I have seen on FB several C4's in Japan with this kit installed.

If you ever do find one and get it installed on your car .... please be sure to post and let us all know:thumbs:

Nowhere Man 02-15-2018 05:48 PM

I would hope so. the only cure for that is fire. if you don't like the way GM designed it buy anther car

Crossed Flags Fan 02-15-2018 05:56 PM

Not my style...

The Fiero look?

powerboat 02-15-2018 11:58 PM

if i can get my hands on at least the front bumper i'd make a mold drom it for people that are willing to buy one.
but it seems like no one on the forum has one

JrRifleCoach 02-16-2018 01:21 AM

Seems you're right. Just something to consider. Most of the owners here are pretty cheap. That's why they own a C4. Its cheap. And when someone like you comes along and offers a dress-up panel or part at a reasonable price. Everyone is interested and has-to-have-one. Then you ask for up front money or commitment orders and there is silence. Crickets.

If you're really thinking of selling these, find a wider audience to sell your products.

There was a really nice front spoiler and short duck tail rear spoiler purchased from Europe a few years back. A vendor here repopped these. Not sure how it turned out for him financially. A few here bought them and seemed OK with the quality and fit.

Maybe some here might chime in and fill in more info.

GL :cheers:

powerboat 02-16-2018 11:35 AM

well, i know a few people are searching for this kit.
i really like it and i would love to put it on my own car.
i would only make a mold if there are at least enough people interested for me to get the price back.
i don't have to make big money of it, if there's nobody interested i would not even do it.
it's just because it's so hard to find and this would be a good opportunity for other people to easily get one...

but first i have to find one..

drcook 02-16-2018 11:46 AM

The last time that this came up, I did a bunch of web searching. every lead I have followed always leads to the same dead end.

I found a Japanese Facebook page with a little translation that said the company was out of business.

cv67 02-16-2018 11:55 AM

like some of those front ends if anything they really aid in cooling
Rears would look so much better moulded in but doesnt look bad

pologreen1 02-16-2018 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by powerboat (Post 1596601891)
if i can get my hands on at least the front bumper i'd make a mold drom it for people that are willing to buy one.
but it seems like no one on the forum has one

I think you have to look in to that.

There is a guy here that has old body parts (different kit) that are supposedly not allowed to be copied.

powerboat 02-16-2018 02:22 PM

I want the kit for myself, but if there are people that really want it and i can make that possible, why not?
the kit is Japanese and i'm from the netherlands..
i would never copy different kits that are still available, i only want to copy a BSM bumper if i can help people with it...

who is the guy? because if i can't get my hands on this BSM front bumper, i will buy a different kit for my car,
( not to sell or make molds)
maybe somebody knows a kit that comes close to this bumper? i really love this design

ps. so no one on the whole forum has this kit?

powerboat 02-17-2018 12:57 PM

i want to contact west corvette racing japan, but i can't find any contact info.
is there anyone who can help me? their email isn't working ....

arbee 02-17-2018 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by powerboat (Post 1596612081)
i want to contact west corvette racing japan, but i can't find any contact info.
is there anyone who can help me? their email isn't working ....

http://westcorvette.jugem.jp/?eid=1254

powerboat 02-17-2018 01:39 PM

thanks i already know their site but their email is no longer working.
so i have to find another way to contact them

drcook 02-17-2018 01:42 PM

have you tried this email address ?

west@westcorvette.co.jp

powerboat 02-17-2018 01:43 PM

yes that is the only one i could find

powerboat 02-17-2018 02:48 PM

alright, i found exactly what i was looking for on a japanese site.
but i need someone that can speak japanese so if anyone can help?
thanks in advance

Nowhere Man 02-17-2018 02:50 PM

https://translate.google.com/

powerboat 02-17-2018 02:51 PM

yeah thats funny, i already translated the whole site....
i just need a person that can get in contact with the seller.