CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   99 SWPS from Corvette Nuts (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/4105551-99-swps-from-corvette-nuts.html)

eodtech72 02-22-2018 01:51 PM

99 SWPS from Corvette Nuts

Email from VetteNutts confirmed there was an error in shipping charge caused by their website. Shipping is only $15-$20

And for the record, I wasn't complaining about the price of the part, I understand it's availability. I was only questioning the shipping cost and the vender has corrected it. Thanks for all the input.

Cutlassmaster 02-22-2018 02:31 PM

Call Marc there and he will either work with you or fix the problem if there is one. Again, call him then report back.

Sydwayz 02-22-2018 03:01 PM

Shipping insurance for that item isn't free.
Neither is tape.
Neither is the box.
Neither is the time to package, print label, and get it ready for shipping.

There is not a profit per say in that part. They are of limited supply, and as such demand sets the price.
He has to do a lot of digging to get one, and time is spent to make sure they are functional at time of sale.

Bill Curlee 02-22-2018 03:02 PM

Are you referring to VETTENUTS???????

If so,,,,,,, call and ask to speak with Marc and discuss any concerns/complaints with HIM! Yes that part is RARE and can be expensive..

Please let us know how you make out.

Bill

03bluemule 02-22-2018 03:18 PM

You need it they've got it ! YOU PAY . Why call MARK he could sell it for less ! it's all about the $$$. It's just a matter of time before the used absolute part's are so costly that the car's are just parted out. Then these guy's will have all the used part's but no one will need them .

~Josh 02-22-2018 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by eodtech72 (Post 1596647893)
So the 99 C5 I just bought needs the SWPS replaced. Only place I can find a used one is Corvette Nuts... they now want $489.00 For a used one which I understand to be the only option. Once I decided to bite the bullet and pay up for one I went to order online and they also want $44 to ship it by ground shipping? How does a part that small cost $44 to ship anywhere by ground in the US? Is the profit from this part not enough and they need to boost shipping costs? Sorry for the rant but this is so discouraging to get the feeling you are being taken advantage of by a Corvette parts supporter??
If anyone has a better source please let me know.

https://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/crbaby.gif Waaaa!!! gasp..... Waaaaa!!!!

Smoken1 02-22-2018 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee (Post 1596648425)
Are you referring to VETTENUTS???????

If so,,,,,,, call and ask to speak with Marc and discuss any concerns/complaints with HIM! Yes that part is RARE and can be expensive..

Please let us know how you make out.

Bill

:iagree: Call Marc he will work it out with you. I have done it before:thumbs:

~Josh 02-22-2018 03:51 PM

I notified Vettenuts of this sad show and Shawn sent me this reply.

I just got an email from the guy and explained to him that our website has been glitching lately on shipping for some reason and that are working with our techs to try and figure it out. I told him that I would correct his order (if he placed one) and that I would only charge him $10 to ship it.
This whole thing could have been avoided. You owe Vettenuts a public apology to counter the public bashing you gave them without regard.

Yello95 02-22-2018 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7 (Post 1596648832)
Your profile states your car is a 2004. If that is the one that had the SWPS replaced then it WILL NOT work in a C5 earlier that 2001. :yesnod:

Generous offer non the less!

ok...sorry...I tried:cheers:

eodtech72 02-22-2018 04:41 PM

Seriously

Go find something to do already.... I didn't bash anyone. I simply stated that the shipping charge was way overpriced. And I did contact them and they corrected it.... so I changed my comments. But, I guess your post with the crying baby was useful though right?

For everyone else that offered useful advice and took the time to message me with other ideas/offers, Thank You.

Originally Posted by ~Josh (Post 1596648744)
I notified Vettenuts of this sad show and Shawn sent me this reply.

This whole thing could have been avoided. You owe Vettenuts a public apology to counter the public bashing you gave them without regard.

~Josh 02-22-2018 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by eodtech72 (Post 1596649137)
Go find something to do already.... I didn't bash anyone. I simply stated that the shipping charge was way overpriced. And I did contact them and they corrected it.... so I changed my comments. But, I guess your post with the crying baby was useful though right?

For everyone else that offered useful advice and took the time to message me with other ideas/offers, Thank You.

I did do something useful. I contacted the vendor that I know to be good to let them know some punk is bashing them online.

I got a near immediate reply which I shared.

Good luck getting your junk rolling. :yesnod:

SG Lou 02-22-2018 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by eodtech72 (Post 1596649137)

Cool that you took care of the situation at hand but remember....Don't bite the hand that feeds you and Don't burn your bridges.
One day you might need to cross that bridge to feed those non-existent new parts your car needs. :cheers:

Yello95 02-22-2018 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by SG Lou (Post 1596650457)
Cool that you took care of the situation at hand but remember....Don't bite the hand that feeds you and Don't burn your bridges.
One day you might need to cross that bridge to feed those non-existent new parts your car needs. :cheers:

Hey Lou... now you got me thinking.... I'm going to order two brand new GM swps for my 04 in case they get obsoleted....:lol: :woohoo:

rrwirsi 02-23-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Yello95 (Post 1596650832)
Hey Lou... now you got me thinking.... I'm going to order two brand new GM swps for my 04 in case they get obsoleted....:lol: :woohoo:

Good move. I did the same (only one) and it is now setting in my 'just in case' C5 box. :thumbs:

~Josh 02-23-2018 03:03 PM

01+ steerings just went from $60 to $95 in the last couple months.

Yello95 02-23-2018 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by rrwirsi (Post 1596655607)
Good move. I did the same (only one) and it is now setting in my 'just in case' C5 box. :thumbs:

:thumbs:...I am doing that on as many parts as I can get now...lol...even if I sold my Vette, I could easily sell the parts later :flag:

RedRiderZR1 02-23-2018 03:17 PM

Did the same. Have a new SWPS sitting here in case my 99 one goes out. It's in my Parts Storage just in case. As mentioned, Could easily sell the parts if the car was sold. Especially the ABS parts. :willy: