CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Crazy Seat Memory (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4105745-crazy-seat-memory.html)

Katie22 02-22-2018 08:16 PM

Crazy Seat Memory

Hi all. I never used the seat memory feature much till the boyfriend started driving the 06 Vet.

My issue is that I swear the memory thing has a mind of its own. I can set the memory buttons for a certain point and the seat will hold that setting but then a day latter it seems like the same setting does a totally different thing. Crap even the exit setting seems to have different exit points from time to time.

I did the seat range of motion front to back up down all that with the ignition on and so as to re index the seat.

Is my car possessed? Is there some gremlin that is sneaking into the garage at night and messing up my memory settings.

Finally I think I have ALL of the settings for the key fob turned OFF so I presume they are not associated with the weird memory events.

Any ideas you masters of technology. If you cannot help me I will simply have to tell the boyfriend its time to shoot the car, bury her and go buy that Mercedes AMG GTC convertible I been eyeballing.

Katie

Vette_DD 02-22-2018 08:33 PM

There are different times that the seat memory take effect, depending on whether you've got an automatic tranny or a manual tranny.

Review those settings in your owner's manual, pages 3-69 and 3-70.

Katie22 02-22-2018 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vette_DD (Post 1596650926)
There are different times that the seat memory take effect, depending on whether you've got an automatic tranny or a manual tranny.

Review those settings in your owner's manual, pages 3-69 and 3-70.

It is an auto

z06clif 02-23-2018 07:35 PM

Different fobs will have different settings. If grmlins persist disconnect the battery. If that dont work have the battery tested and replace if neccessary.

Clif

Vette_DD 02-23-2018 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by z06clif (Post 1596657979)
Different fobs will have different settings.

Clif

More accurately, different fobs MAY have different settings.

Katie22 02-25-2018 12:17 PM

Ok we only use ONE key fob. The settings are all set with that key fob. I did notice that often the seat does not move forward or backward when the memory button is pushed but the rest of the settings do change with the button push. If I reach down and move the seat a bit manually thereafter it DOES start working and the seat will move forward or backward to the setting.

Wonder if there is a seat position sensor that needs cleaning.

cstapp99 02-25-2018 04:59 PM

My car does the same thing. 2010 base with A6. It seems to “forget” the settings from time to time but will almost always remember them again eventually. Very strange.

The boss 02-26-2018 10:18 PM

If you digg the forum, you will find many peoples with memory seat problems. On of the issue is the fact that the seat is very close to the floor and the main electrical connector under the seat get twisted every time the seat goes forward or backward. I had this issue (car was les then 2 years old + stored during winter) and I found a tread saying to lift up the seat, check for connectors or wires damages and if nothing found use a tie rap to secure both side of the connector together. So far so good. If you decide to check this out, do not disconnect the yellow connectors for air bag unless you do the air bag desactivation procedure. Also inspect the terminals in the connectors for corrosion or deform terminals

Good luck :cheers: