CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Ask Tadge (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ask-tadge-171/)
-   -   Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 3/4/18 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ask-tadge/4106609-ask-tadge-poll-ending-3-4-18-a.html)

jvp 02-25-2018 08:54 AM

Ask Tadge Poll: Ending 3/4/18

Vote for which of these 4 you'd like to have Tadge answer. The winner will be submitted 3/4/18.

The questions are posted in the replies below, with links to their respective threads.

jvp 02-25-2018 08:57 AM

C7 ZR1: Brakes

The original question is here.

jvp asked:
There's been a lot of interesting information available online since your introduction of the new C7 ZR1. One intriguing bit that caught my attention is the new brakes for the ZR1. Could you explain how they differ from what's available on today's Z07-equipped car? Is the brake cooling also improved over the Z07-equipped car?

jvp 02-25-2018 08:57 AM

C7 ZR1 vs ZO6 exhaust system

The original question is here.

salcolkat asked:
GM says the 2019 ZR1 is the loudest production car they have ever made. Can you explain the difference between the exhaust system on the Zr1 vs the ZO6 and the reason it is louder.

jvp 02-25-2018 08:59 AM

C7 ZR1 - What components have been upgraded

The original thread is here.

FYREANT asked:
With the C7 ZR1 having 100HP more and 105TQ more, surely this will put additional strain on many of the vehicles components over what was originally designed for the Stingray, and then the Z06. What component upgrades will we see for the transmission and driveline systems to reliably deliver this power on a continual basis?

Have any of the following components been upgraded to accommodate the power increase and if so, can you speak to what extent?

- transmission (A8/M7)
- clutch assembly for manual equipped cars
- axle/half shafts
- rear differential design (such as internal spider gear improvements)

jvp 02-25-2018 09:01 AM

C7 Oil Life Monitor

The original thread is here.

jsollmi asked:
I Have a 2017 C7 Z51. I previously owned a C6 and C5 In the C5 and C6 it was apparent to me that Mobil 1 oil had a 10,000 mile life and that changing oil at 10K or at one year which ever came first was acceptable. Along comes the OLM in the C7 and a time factor is added that causes my oil life to "deteriorate". Even though my car is sitting in the garage this winter. At the end of 4 months I would have lost 37 % of oil life. In addition the mileage factor is 1% for every 50 miles so the life of Mobil1 is reduced to a maximum of 5000 miles. What gives? See my post dated 1/31/18 titled "Idiotic Oil Life Monitoring System" to read the thread of confusion caused by the new OLM. When it is all boiled down the system has become a timer. The new design was a fix for a non problem that created its own problem.

Poor-sha 02-26-2018 07:23 PM

Please not another oil or gas question.