CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Nurburgring update (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4109095-nurburgring-update.html)

LG Motorsports 03-03-2018 03:11 AM

Nurburgring update

He is a video put up by Rob Feretti regarding our C7 Z06 Nurburgring car going to the ring.
Have a look.

Lou g

Mr. Gizmo 03-03-2018 07:53 AM

Oktoberfest,& women wearing drindle with their boobs hanging out is Very intriguing[/left]

Basil2000 03-03-2018 03:37 PM

Lou, this is going to be fun to watch. I was at the ring last July for some laps. This track is amazing and I hope you enjoy and take it all in.

jbsblownc5 03-03-2018 03:53 PM

Good luck out there Lou, Be safe and set a new record!!!:yesnod:

LG Motorsports 03-03-2018 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5 (Post 1596710723)
Good luck out there Lou, Be safe and set a new record!!!:yesnod:

Thank you!!

This is one of those challenges that I look forward to I know there’s plenty of pitfalls in an effort like this but I hope I am up to it

If it was just another race track 3 to 4 miles long I could learn it in a couple of sessions but being what it is it’s gonna take a lot of preparation which I am doing as we speak I have even signed up for a 3 1/2 day training course
I may not remember any of their names but hopefully I can remember most of the corners and do LG motorsports proud !!

Thanks

Lou gigliotti

Warp Factor 03-03-2018 05:02 PM

Go Lou. :rock:

Just found out in this thread that you'll have the racetrack to yourself, at least for a little while. Hopin' the weather cooperates.

mcoomer 03-03-2018 09:17 PM

Schweinhaxe, weissbeer, beer girls, and fast cars? Hell yea. I hope you guys have as much fun as I do when I go. Haven't been to the Ring, but I've been lucky enough to get several weeks on the autobahn in decent cars. Gotta love any country that enjoys cars as much as they do in Germany.

dollarbill 03-03-2018 10:23 PM

Best of luck Lou!! You are going to love the ‘old course’. We shipped 14 corvettes over in ‘05 and ran the ring plus some of the autobahn. It is a complex track with banking in some turns and flat in others. You will also get a little air. Fun to drive. Study up and enjoy. You will kick some a$$ there.
Bill

Lasco001 03-04-2018 05:39 AM

Motor Sport

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports (Post 1596710952)
Thank you!!

If it was just another race track 3 to 4 miles long I could learn it in a couple of sessions but being what it is it’s gonna take a lot of preparation which I am doing as we speak I have even signed up for a 3 1/2 day training course
I may not remember any of their names but hopefully I can remember most of the corners and do LG motorsports proud !!

Thanks

Lou gigliotti

Lou

When are you at the Nürburgring?
Who is the organizer of the 3-day training at the Nürburgring

I am also in training for three days in the summer
11.07.- 13.07 with Sport-Auto

Cölestin

LG Motorsports 03-04-2018 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lasco001 (Post 1596713644)
Lou

Cölestin

scuderia-hanseat autumn session Sept 22 - sept 26

LG

Checkmate1 03-04-2018 12:00 PM

Lou, my whole family will be cheering for you to make us proud!!

Will be following everything very closely!

LG Motorsports 03-04-2018 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lasco001 (Post 1596713644)
Lou

Cölestin

I am thinking that I might be signing up for the wrong training course

Can you advise me on the best one? ring Taxi?? How is that?

LG

jbsblownc5 03-04-2018 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports (Post 1596710952)
Thank you!!

This is one of those challenges that I look forward to I know there’s plenty of pitfalls in an effort like this but I hope I am up to it

Thanks

Lou gigliotti

I hear you Lou, you are a natural, I'm sure you'll do fine!!:yesnod:

Lasco001 03-04-2018 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports (Post 1596715466)
I am thinking that I might be signing up for the wrong training course

Can you advise me on the best one? ring Taxi?? How is that?

LG

Scuderia Hanseat I know very well
My opinion: if you are a beginner, then that is very good

Lou, you are experienced, I recommend * Sport Auto * to get to know the track
Last year Oliver Gavin was also there.
There are 20 different levels. You go to level 1-5

Ring Taxi:
This is a company that has the house on the Nordschleife.
An experienced racer drives and you are with driver (taxi)

Cölestin

descartesfool 03-05-2018 07:22 AM

Lou,

you might enjoy reading this Road and Track article about a race driver (who stood on many podiums!) learning the Ring, with Ross Bentley involved, with RSRNurburg:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...e-nurburgring/

I wish I could go with you guys and do a 3 day course. Dreams!

KnightDriveTV 03-05-2018 02:34 PM

I have seen pro race car drivers who have driven the ring for years get owned by drivers who truly KNOW the ring, in the same car.

Definitely drive it and do all you can, but for a true record, you need a Ring guy who knows the track.

Just look at the Viper effort...they had Dominik and Mario Farnbacher running the car for days doing 7:03's, then they threw Lance Arnold in there...a known Ring master and he chopped 2 seconds off them in his first hot lap.

I talked to Mero extensively about truly extracting the last bits of time from the ring, and where. The one key thing he pointed out is, despite feeling absolutely certain he was at the limits in certain areas, the data would show he just wasn't. Due to the varying grip levels at different spots, plus some turns loading the tire and some not, elevation changes and environments making some of the track green at times, some not...it takes a lot of seat time to truly be competitive.

Run it for sure because you earned it...but if you can get a Lance Arnold in that seat to back you up and truly push for a time...I say you do it.

Take lessons from that Viper though...one lap at the limits pushes a street tire big time...they were changing tires every lap they ran, but they were also shavin kumhos, etc.

I know the ring in my sleep...I have easily 40k miles virtual at the ring (may be conservative honestly), spanning like 7yrs...lol, if not more, plus about 20 laps in reality. Its a tough beast to master, that's for sure. It's a track with an immediate penalty and a lot of things that can bite...especially if you don't own the chassis...lol.

Lasco001 03-05-2018 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. (Post 1596722532)
I have seen pro race car drivers who have driven the ring for years get owned by drivers who truly KNOW the ring, in the same car.

Definitely drive it and do all you can, but for a true record, you need a Ring guy who knows the track.

Just look at the Viper effort...they had Dominik and Mario Farnbacher running the car for days doing 7:03's, then they threw Lance Arnold in there...a known Ring master and he chopped 2 seconds off them in his first hot lap.

I talked to Mero extensively about truly extracting the last bits of time from the ring, and where. The one key thing he pointed out is, despite feeling absolutely certain he was at the limits in certain areas, the data would show he just wasn't. Due to the varying grip levels at different spots, plus some turns loading the tire and some not, elevation changes and environments making some of the track green at times, some not...it takes a lot of seat time to truly be competitive.

Run it for sure because you earned it...but if you can get a Lance Arnold in that seat to back you up and truly push for a time...I say you do it.

Take lessons from that Viper though...one lap at the limits pushes a street tire big time...they were changing tires every lap they ran, but they were also shavin kumhos, etc.

I know the ring in my sleep...I have easily 40k miles virtual at the ring (may be conservative honestly), spanning like 7yrs...lol, if not more, plus about 20 laps in reality. Its a tough beast to master, that's for sure. It's a track with an immediate penalty and a lot of things that can bite...especially if you don't own the chassis...lol.

These are wise words.
That's exactly how it is.

* The green hell * I love her

The best have well over 5000 laps of experience

AORoads 03-05-2018 07:26 PM

The above info from lasco and KITT is very good suggestion. Good luck Lou.

CT Grand Sport CE 03-05-2018 08:32 PM

One thing you could do, if you haven’t already, is get a Playstation & Gran Turismo Sport ( the latest version). It has the Nordschleife as well as the GP circuit. I couldn’t tell you how accurately they replicate bumps and camber, but I imagine that the layout is pretty accurate. Just a thought. I hope to get there one day. Best of luck!!

KnightDriveTV 03-05-2018 09:45 PM

The physics have changed between GTSport and GT6, but both are like a solid 90% representation in the scans...you can feel the car unload and load where actual...what you can't tell is a real representation of what curbs will bite you bad and what ones won't. The big difference visually, is the depth, the elevation feeling, and the sheer risk at some areas.

I think a capable guy can jump on the Ring, that knows the track virtually, and easily be at that 90% level fairly quickly...but, it takes a lot of laps to truly get that last 10% and a true qualifying grade pace...that's why you need a real Ring master that can extract what that car has to offer.

If Lou pulled a 7:05 or better, having no time on the track prior...I'd say the old man really has some fire still burnin and soft hands still.

Setup is going to be everything and I don't think you have enough time to pull adequate data to potentially even hit something serious without really putting the car at risk. You're going to need some allies big time.