CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4s for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4s-for-sale-wanted-54/)
-   -   FS: 1986 Coupe 85K unmolested miles. 4+3 Newer leather. N. CA. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4s-for-sale-wanted/4112157-1986-coupe-85k-unmolested-miles-4-3-newer-leather-n-ca.html)

Mikeceli 03-10-2018 08:57 PM

STEAL! $ 5K! 1986 Coupe 85K miles. 4+3 Newer leather. N. CA.

9 Attachment(s)
SOLD SOLD SOLD! First prospect who drove it, BOUGHT IT! Youse missed a nice C4. Thanks for your interest!

price drop price drop $4999.99CF Members ONLY PRICE DROP $ 4999.99

My completely stock, 1986 Corvette starts, runs, drives, steers, brakes as new! It's "4 + 3" manual transmission shifts smooth and properly. It's never smoked in interior has no cracks or tears, smells nice too! Beautiful red leather seats show virtually no wear, soft and supple like new! White with red, the original 1953 Corvette colors!

Has 2 TOPS, tinted transparent and solid white.

1986 was a "Breakout" year for C4 Corvettes. First year ABS brakes. Many improvements to body and frame to reduce rattles and improve both ride and handling. My Corvette is amazingly rattle free on Petaluma's potholed roads!

I have known this Ca. Corvette for over 20 years. My good friend bought it from the original owner in 1989 and has kept it mostly garaged as I have. I bought it from him about 2 years ago. It is titled, registered and insured in MY NAME. "Clean" Carfax for you to see. Carfax confirms this Corvette's LOW 85800 MILES!

I recently did a compression test with excellent results (172-176 PSI in all cylinders). I installed new valve cover gaskets and found the engine to be VERY clean inside.

I installed 8 new Fuel Injectors, fuel filter, spark plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor, PCV & EGR valves, and thermostat. Fresh engine oil and filter, coolant, all fluids topped up. Of course, after all this work, it passed SMOG clean as a whistle and runs smooth! New battery. You could not buy the parts and labor I invested on this car, for my asking price! Receipts and old parts available for your inspection.

I rebuilt the electronic instrument cluster and it displays beautifully! New clutch was installed at 52965 miles.

Basically, this Corvette has been carefully cared for by it's mature owners! Never beaten or "improved" with aftermarket junk parts! Please PM contact info and I will telephone. . Thank you

PRICE REDUCED FROM $6990.00 TO $4999.99! THIS IS A NICE CAR, BUT I HAVE TOO MANY NICE CARS!

(I will post some photos here later) Thanks.

TopCorvetteFan 03-11-2018 05:04 AM

Do you have any pics of the int/ext?

mazdaverx7 03-11-2018 08:31 AM

Will look forward to the pics as well!

Mikeceli 03-11-2018 08:52 AM

Thanks for looking!

I will post photos when my son is available to help me.

They are in a folder , on my desktop. When I click "manage attachments" the folder opens up, on top of this page, but I don't know how to make them go into the thread post.

Mikeceli 03-13-2018 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by ZUC1 (Post 1596773115)
Car looks great !

Thank you!

Mikeceli 03-20-2018 04:21 AM

price drop $4999.99

mazdaverx7 03-20-2018 06:25 AM

What a fantastic looking car! That car is a true survivor and it has definitely been well cared for!

DIYDanCars 03-20-2018 10:59 AM

White/red and black/red are two of my favorite color combos. Looks like a very nice car. GLWS!

Mikeceli 03-29-2018 12:38 PM

Thank you all for viewing, and the complements!

Remember "It could be yours"!

Mikeceli 04-05-2018 01:28 AM

Price drop in edit $4999.99

V8 Stingray 04-05-2018 01:33 PM

Very interested in the car but body panels look out of alignment, was this involved in a crash before?

Mikeceli 04-06-2018 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by V8 Stingray (Post 1596933628)
Very interested in the car but body panels look out of alignment, was this involved in a crash before?

Not to my knowledge, nor my friend, who bought it in 1989.

CARFAX is CLEAR of any crash damage!

I don't see any evidence of crash repair, and I looked it over real good, including while it was on a lift.

V8 Stingray 04-06-2018 12:31 PM

Pm sent

Mikeceli 04-19-2018 06:49 AM

In responce to "V8 Stingray" 's question.

The front nose (Bumper cover) is approx. 1/8 inch higher than the hood on the drivers side and 1/16 inch on the passenger side.

Possible 1980's production tolerances or some movement over years of road use and normal sun exposure. I DO NOT see any sign of crash damage, or repair, on this car.

"A" Pillar to hood looks normal, to my eyes. I will cooperate with a body shop inspection, at your expense, if you wish.

Being fiberglass, you generally don't get "dings or dents". Sometimes stress cracks. I do not see any dings, dents or cracks. I will look a little closer, next week.

Paperwork: I have receipts for all the new parts, I stated in my add, as well as a Ca SMOG inspection. The SMOG is over 90 days, so I will provide a new cert to a Ca. buyer.

From the previous owner, I have a receipt for Battery 1994, (I ALSO installed a new battery, last year) clutch assembly, surface flywheel in 1997 @ 47359 miles, AC Clutch coil and recharge in 1999, 2 tires 1997, new Chevrolet Delco ECU 72356 mi. Aug 2001.

I have a Carfax, which is clear of crash/flood/salvage etc. Title is clear of any salvage issues.

I WILL TRY AND POST MORE PHOTOS TODAY, or tomorrow. THANKS!

Mikeceli 04-28-2018 03:19 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Here are some new photos showing proper bumper cover to hood and hood to "A" Pillar alignment.

My knowledge of 20+ past years of this car's history and Carfax, indicate never in a crash! Thanks.

WORKING on photo posts.

Mikeceli 05-06-2018 12:27 PM

OP Here, I want the room, more than I need the money. CF members $5500.00 cash.

C4SP 05-15-2018 03:47 PM

Interested

Originally Posted by Mikeceli (Post 1597143604)
OP Here, I want the room, more than I need the money. CF members $5500.00 cash.

Hi Mike, I'm very interested. How are the tires? Im concerned about their age and the drive home for me. Registration current? Were parts of the seats replaced or is it just the photos?

Thanks,

Scott
Simi Valley, CA

Mikeceli 05-15-2018 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by C4SP (Post 1597205102)
Hi Mike, I'm very interested. How are the tires? Im concerned about their age and the drive home for me. Registration current? Were parts of the seats replaced or is it just the photos?

Thanks,

Scott
Simi Valley, CA

Hi Scott. The tires are old and should, IMO, be replaced before a long drive to Simi Valley. We could discuss my assisting you with tire replacement. I considered installing new tires, but know my choice, might not be what the next buyer prefers. (Given Vette owners are more particular than most car owners).

The passenger seat is all original, it's leather is very nice.

The drivers seat has factory leather, I obtained from a CFOT member. HIS low mile Corvette needed new leather, because one of his mechanics, left an oily rag on the drivers seat, staining it.

I installed his EXCELLENT CONDITION, hardly used, passenger leather, on my drivers seat. I added a layer of thick fabric between the seat frame support springs, and the seat bottom cushion, when I installed the leather. Both seats look very nice and are comfortable and supportive.

They, feel like the low mileage seats, that they are. I will PM you my phone number, please call me. Thanks.

Mikeceli 05-16-2018 12:14 PM

"Scott" from Simi Valley is out. His wife doesn't like the Vettes colors.

Corvette is still available. I drove it Saturday, it drives very, very, nice!

cv67 05-17-2018 07:42 AM

The wife.....:ack:

Nice clean example this car is a no brainer. :thumbs: