CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   2 things old(ish) guys like...Corvettes and Golf (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4112355-2-things-old-ish-guys-like-corvettes-and-golf.html)

Randy_in_MD 03-11-2018 01:36 PM

2 things old(ish) guys like...Corvettes and Golf

Not exactly C6 related but since older guys tend to be big fans of both Corvettes and golf, I was wondering who was watching the Valspar Championship and rooting for Tiger.

He seems to be playing pretty good. I'll put $20 on Tiger if anyone wants to take the field.

salmonarmvette 03-11-2018 01:57 PM

As I'm Canadian I am rooting for Conners but Tiger is my second choice. It is great to see Tiger playing well again.:canadaflag::canadaflag:

BadAV 03-11-2018 02:35 PM

Corvettes yes, golf no. I can't think of anything less interesting to watch on tv than golf. Except maybe watching paint dry. 😉 Different strokes for different folks. :thumbs:

Randy_in_MD 03-11-2018 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by BadAV (Post 1596762934)
Corvettes yes, golf no. I can't think of anything less interesting to watch on tv than golf. Except maybe watching paint dry. 😉 Different strokes for different folks. :thumbs:

If you and I each painted a wall and the object was to see which wall would dry fastest...I'd watch it. I might even wager a few bucks on it.

C6 Snowboarder 03-11-2018 03:03 PM

refresh my memory -- who is Tiger ?

Corvette_Ed 03-11-2018 03:04 PM

:iagree: I'd rather be out driving my Corvette if the weather is nice enough to play golf. Boring to play, and even more boring to watch. :ack:

cadyshac 03-11-2018 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed (Post 1596763090)
:iagree: I'd rather be out driving my Corvette if the weather is nice enough to play golf. Boring to play, and even more boring to watch. :ack:

That's what everyone who sucks at golf says.

Icecap 03-11-2018 03:08 PM

Looks like we're on the same page BadAV :lol: Had a family member convince me that I needed to take up golf and that we could have some quality time together playing rounds of golf. Bought a good set of clubs and invested in lessons. I spent the whole time on the course thinking of all the things I'd rather be doing. The Corvette, now that's another story :woohoo:.

cadyshac 03-11-2018 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by C6 Snowboarder (Post 1596763081)
refresh my memory -- who is Tiger ?

You know, guy who had world by the azz, couldn't keep it in his pants, took a Scandinavian 9 iron to the gourd, had some back trouble, legal trouble, blah, blah, blah TIGER, that Tiger.

ontime 03-11-2018 03:25 PM

Too much going on at the Firestone Grand Prix in St. Pete today to worry about chasing a little white ball a little north in Palm Harbor. But for all you golf fans I hope you are having as much fun as we did. Weather is actually warmer than expected. Now for a nice beach cruise and a restaurant. Next week Gatornationals. March is great here in Florida.

Randy_in_MD 03-11-2018 03:53 PM

Wow. Tough crowd.

C6 Snowboarder....Tiger will be the biggest news story....not just sports news story...in the world if he wins.

RogerRamjet21 03-11-2018 04:09 PM

I don't play any game where the ball doesn't come back...
if I'm not enjoying my favorite sport and the weather is nice, I'll take the Vette out for some fun.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...b846b8ce20.jpg
I'll be 65 in May, still competing.

artz66 03-11-2018 04:49 PM

I’m not old or at least at 35 I don’t think I’m old. I’ve been watching the tourney and hope he comes back as he is sitting 2 back now and tied for fourth. I love watching and I try to play at least once a week when the weather is nice.

pokerpro 03-11-2018 04:54 PM

He must have several girlfriends again. His career really tanked when he got caught with those 13 girls he was fucking!

windyC6 03-11-2018 05:44 PM

I dunno....i'm sure i'm gonna catch hell for this one....but I think basketball would be less interesting then golf......:leaving:

Randy_in_MD 03-11-2018 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by windyC6 (Post 1596764014)
I dunno....i'm sure i'm gonna catch hell for this one....but I think basketball would be less interesting then golf......:leaving:

Ouch! You managed to disparage two of favorite sports in a 20 word post.

Corvette_Ed 03-11-2018 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by cadyshac (Post 1596763101)
That's what everyone who sucks at golf says.

I was actually quite the natural at golf, I just found it boring as hell and preferred action-based sports like football, basketball, and baseball. But then, when I was in high school all the golf nerds tried poor attempts like yours to make fun of those of us who had real athletic skills. :cheers:

j/k Everyone has their own likes/dislikes. I just never could get into golf. I was pretty good at it, but couldn't stand the slow pace of it.

Bruze 03-11-2018 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Randy_in_MD (Post 1596762586)
Not exactly C6 related but since older guys tend to be big fans of both Corvettes and golf, I was wondering who was watching the Valspar Championship and rooting for Tiger.

He seems to be playing pretty good. I'll put $20 on Tiger if anyone wants to take the field.

Well I'm old and have a Vette, but have zero interest in golf and no desire to ever try it.

However:

"Never say 'never'."

"There are no absolutes except for the statement, 'There are no absolutes'."

https://s19.postimg.org/40c6ahcbn/toilet-002.gif

BadAV 03-11-2018 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by windyC6 (Post 1596764014)

I'm not much on pro basketball, but I do like college basketball. And you have to admit it's a hell of a lot more action packed than golf.

Vet Interested 03-11-2018 07:39 PM

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: