CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Got my build date!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4112882-got-my-build-date.html)

Rob P 03-12-2018 08:19 PM

Got my build date!!!

Dealer confirmed April 23 for the build date.
Does anyone know what the turn around is? Dealer said I should be receiving the car sometime in May

Poor-sha 03-12-2018 09:16 PM

M7 or A8?

That's actually kind of discouraging for me since my dealer still hasn't called me with my allocation to submit an order. I was really hoping to get the car in May so I could get it on track in June.

Voltamer 03-12-2018 09:53 PM

Congrats........I hope to hear something soon about my order!!!

Rob P 03-12-2018 10:47 PM

A8. Had no choice on the trans but I did get to build it as I wish otherwise.

elegant 03-13-2018 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Rob P (Post 1596771535)
Does anyone know what the turn around is? Dealer said I should be receiving the car sometime in May

May could be a touch optimistic, yet could be totally accurate, but at this time, since your dealer used the word “should,” sometime during May is a very reasonable estimate.

More relevant info:

First off, April 23rd is a TPW is a target production week. If accurate, it could mean that your car could start down the line as late as Friday, April 27th — or since a TPW is a target, your car might now start down the line until the following week.

Conversely, you could be lucky and it even start mid or late week that week before. However, as this is the beginning of integrating ZR1’s into the production line and as they are others with TPW’s before yours, the chances of your’s starting down the line before Monday, April 23rd are small.

So let’s average your car as starting down the line as Wednesday, April 23rd — meaning ideally it would be done by that Friday.

Then as a minimum, there will be a ten day work-week hold on your car (as a brand new model). Could be longer, but highly unlikely not less than two more weeks. The Quality Control hold could be that two weeks (ten days) or three weeks or even longer.

Next, it further depends on where your dealership is, i.e., will it take a three week train ride if your dealer is out west, or a two day to a week transporter ride to your dealer.

So many unknowns, but “sometime during May” is a reasonable estimate.

Best of luck!

hoosiertriangle 03-13-2018 08:55 AM

I don't fully understand the order process that dealers use but your statement caused my ears to perk up. I was in a similar situation with my dealer in that they said they had allocation for 2019 build and I had one of those allocations but they couldn't give me an order number. After pressing them on it, they were just being slow in getting the orders in the system and I finally got an order number which I could verify status with GM Customer Service. My understanding from my dealer and the forum here is that dealers with allocation can submit orders. When that order gets accepted by GM is completely unknown. Thus, it sounds like your dealer should be able to submit your order if they were getting any allocation for 2019 ZR1. I would call them and press them on this point.

Originally Posted by Poor-sha (Post 1596771947)
M7 or A8?

That's actually kind of discouraging for me since my dealer still hasn't called me with my allocation to submit an order. I was really hoping to get the car in May so I could get it on track in June.

DebRedZR1 03-13-2018 09:06 AM

Elegant and Hoosier, thanks for the order info.=) Much confusion out there on allocations/order process etc.

hoosiertriangle 03-13-2018 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 (Post 1596773911)
Elegant and Hoosier, thanks for the order info.=) Much confusion out there on allocations/order process etc.

There is a bunch of confusion. I think the normal process is not so clear. The ZR1 process is abnormal so it makes it worse. I think many dealers don't even fully understand it. Said differently, they can't explain it to me so that tells me they don't understand it. Some of the dealers that post here regularly definitely helped me figure out what I thought should be happening.

elegant 03-13-2018 10:13 AM

Any dealer who has received the Dec. 12, 2017 document saying that they will be receiving a ZR1 allocation (or more), can submit a ZR1 order at any time. It will sit in GM’s computer as a status 1100 order.

That means just being a place holder, that is until GM taps that dealer on the shoulder right before, or the morning of the Thursday start of an ordering consensus. At that point, GM is saying, we will accept your order this consensus (assuming no constraints, which thankfully, there are none except for a limit of blue stitching — but even that is going away in the next three weeks).

What is especially toughh for those who have ordered a ZR1, is the very slow production rate. And GM is not going to accept an order (it’s going to status 2000 or higher) if they do not have an upcoming production slot). Kai told us months ago, in a Kentucky radio interview, that the ZR1 production rate is “less than 200 per month.” That translates into a total of approximately 2,500 ZR1 orders within the entire U.S. being now and GM’s current estimate of ending 2019 ZR1 production roughly a year from now. In fact, in that Dec. 12th document it literally says, the end of 2019 ZR1 production “is estimated to be March, 2019.”

Even the very largest, top ZR1 allocation dealers (which are receiving over 30 ZR1 allocations between now and March, 2019) are only getting one ZR1 picked up during a consensus, and then not every week. This ZR1 production acceptance roll-out is super, super, super slow. And at the same time, with only 2,500 being produced this 2019 production year, that is not surprising.

jvp 03-13-2018 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1596774400)
This ZR1 production acceptance roll-out is super, super, super slow. And at the same time, with only 2,500 being produced this 2019 production year, that is not surprising.

I've a buddy who works at the plant, and he's begun building some of the ZR1s for some popular YouTubers. According to him, the production time for each ZR1 is quite a bit longer than the rest of the cars; there's just more to it.

I'd imagine that as they get into a groove and figure out how to schedule these better, things may(!!) speed up a bit. But I wouldn't hold your collective breath waiting for it.

Poor-sha 03-13-2018 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by jvp
I've a buddy who works at the plant, and he's begun building some of the ZR1s for some popular YouTubers. According to him, the production time for each ZR1 is quite a bit longer than the rest of the cars; there's just more to it.

I'd imagine that as they get into a groove and figure out how to schedule these better, things may(!!) speed up a bit. But I wouldn't hold your collective breath waiting for it.

Hey I'm a YouTuber! :toetap:

jvp 03-13-2018 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Poor-sha (Post 1596774660)

Dream on, bub.

DebRedZR1 03-13-2018 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Poor-sha (Post 1596774660)

So all my Stalkerbook, Insta, Forum, Girl that is all Vettes etc presence isn't ranked like these UTUBE hogs :willy::rofl::toetap:

c5c6c7 03-13-2018 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rob P (Post 1596771535)

I placed my order about two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing...just wondering when did you place your order?

goshendad 03-13-2018 04:28 PM

Just received my TPW of April 16th for my 3ZR manual!! Building the engine April 5th. Very excited.:woohoo:

kennyjames21 03-13-2018 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by goshendad (Post 1596777062)
Just received my TPW of April 16th for my 3ZR manual!! Building the engine April 5th. Very excited.:woohoo:

What day was your order placed?

kennyjames21 03-13-2018 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by c5c6c7 (Post 1596776866)
I placed my order about two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing...just wondering when did you place your order?

I have the same TPW and my dealership placed the order on Feb 23. I wonder if regular orders got pushed back because of the ZR1?

Rob P 03-13-2018 05:56 PM

My order was placed on March 8

c5c6c7 03-13-2018 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rob P (Post 1596777659)
My order was placed on March 8

Hmmm...I ordered mine March 1st...Would you mind telling me how you ordered it and what color you chose... I'm wondering if there are some constraints we don't know about.

elegant 03-13-2018 07:13 PM

There are no constraints from the factory on the ZR1 at this time. Exception: Up to three more weeks on “blue stitching.” However, that is not a 100% constraint, e..g, meaning that some orders with it are being accepted, while some are not.

The issue is for most, not constraints on options nor colors. Post # 9 delineates why most ZR1 orders have not been picked up; in fact our best estimate is that only around 150 ZR1 orders have been accepted, with 22 of those going directly to Spring Mountain.