CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous-86/)
-   -   TTi Stage 2 (pre-TTiX) Install Instructions/Pictures? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/4117451-tti-stage-2-pre-ttix-install-instructions-pictures.html)

TastyBacon 03-24-2018 02:47 AM

TTi Stage 2 (pre-TTiX) Install Instructions/Pictures?

Okay, here's a blast from the past. I picked up an old TTi Stage 2 kit for cheap. I know, I know, I've read about these kits. It was outdated 10 years ago, the turbos are too small, waste of time, won't make any power, etc. I'm going to give it a shot anyway. The realistic ceiling is probably around 500whp, but I think that would still be fun for a street car, and hey, it was cheap.

I'm running into some problems during the install, though, because I don't have a copy of the instructions. They seem to have disappeared from the internet. I figured when I got all the parts laid out on the garage floor, it would be pretty obvious where everything went. Well, that's been true except for the intercooler plumbing. I'm not planning on using the twin side-mount intercoolers, but I still need to figure out which pipes go from the compressor outlets to the front bumper area.

So, does anyone have a copy, or know where I could get a copy of the instructions? I e-mailed George at TTi a while back, didn't get a reply...maybe I should try again. If anyone knows anyone who had one of these kits and might still have the instructions, or even some pictures of their install, that would help. Thanks!

DanTTVette 03-24-2018 01:30 PM

I have a pdf of the original instructions I can upload to Drop box or similar - if you want to set one up and PM me a link.

I could email a smaller B/W version but the pictures don't show too good.

I have had a stage II since 2006 on my daily drive.
10psi with Meth on a stock LS1 got me to 467 RWHP / 580 RWTQ

System performance has been debated plenty. It is what it is.

Drive train upgrades - LS7 clutch and valve springs,
Exhaust - Ti cat back.

80,000 miles later, the only problem I have had with the system (apart from an exploding MAF) was dealing with the HVAC fittings that the original TTi kit came with. Let me know if the previous owner took care of it, otherwise I have a parts list I can forward.

Good luck with the install :cheers:

TastyBacon 03-24-2018 03:36 PM

Thank you! I'll PM you a link ASAP. I didn't receive any A/C lines with the kit, but I have a most of the parts to do a CTS-V A/C conversion, which seems to be the way to go nowadays. I'd still be interested in the parts list just in case there's anything in there I can use.

DanTTVette 03-24-2018 06:43 PM

Files uploaded.

On the AC, I am sure the CTS conversion is the way to go. I'll post up some details on HVAC parts that might be useful.
Let us know how you get on.

Rkreigh 03-25-2018 05:35 AM

you can sqeeze plenty out of the "old kit" with some upgraded turbos

even with the tiny ones, you can see 8xx which I feel is plenty for most

TastyBacon 03-26-2018 02:14 AM

Thanks again, maskell! I was able to figure out where all my intercooler pipes are supposed to go. I don't know if I could have done it without your help...it's not very intuitive!

In case anyone else ever needs it, I cleaned the document up a little bit and have re-shared it via Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19yM...ew?usp=sharing

Rkreigh, this is the first twin turbo kit for C5s...or maybe Lingenfelter was first? In any case, it's OLD. The turbos are T28s, and they just can't flow 800HP worth of air.

DanTTVette 03-27-2018 10:58 PM

Here is my input on AC hose and connectors,
I used coldhose.com who were super reliable.

They have some different LS1 compressor adaptors available or TTi had one they used to sell, so your choice will affect your connections at the compressor.

Hose - accumulator to compressor - RBH10

Connector accumulator -#8 (connector)- #10 (hose) R134 suction port - RB1326-3

Connector compressor low side - depends on the adaptor you have at the compressor
#8 or #10 (connector) to #10 (hose) female o-ring

Connector compressor high side - depends on your compressor adaptor
Typically these seem to be #8.

Hose - compressor to condenser
#8 13/32" barrier hose - BH8

Connector condenser - these are metric M20-#8. I used a 45 degree female oring - BL9315

You will need an AC manual hose crimper set from eBay. Check it includes the RB10 die size or that you can add it.
To save a few dollars, you can probably use #8 hose for both suction and compression without affecting anything. The suction side hose isn't long enough to hurt flow too much, but RB10 is both a narrower OD and larger ID than the #8 hose and the TTi fit is pretty tight at the inlet to the stock compressor.

Don't lose too much skin on that install