CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general-119/)
-   -   neighbor complaining about my Vettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/4118327-neighbor-complaining-about-my-vettes.html)

SRQStingray 03-26-2018 12:51 PM

neighbor complaining about my Vettes

This morning, I started my 71 Vette to move it out of the garage to get my 14 Vette out to go to work. I put the 71 back in the garage and started pulling out of my driveway in the 14 and suddenly, there is some guy standing at the end of my driveway. It was 8:12AM. I roll my window down and ask, "Can I help you?". He says, can you start your cars quieter? I'm like, WHAT! I said, "They're Corvettes, they don't start quieter". Besides, I said, it's after 8. He was pissed and I said, "Wait until I start the Harley up." What a freaking tool bag. We've lived in our house on Siesta Key for 12 years without even a peep from any of our neighbors and now this jerk is upset that my cars are too loud.

c3_dk 03-26-2018 12:57 PM

Some are like that, they are everywhere........

Go Vette Go 03-26-2018 01:13 PM

I guess I should count myself as lucky. I saw my neighbors out one day and went over to let them know that I had a car show Saturday and would be firing up the Vette before 7 AM. They said, No problem, kids are normally up before that and we all love the sound of your Corvette".''

Now - can can you NOT love the sound of a Corvette?

Don't change a thing! :thumbs::thumbs:

SPCL FX 03-26-2018 01:14 PM

I believe I would have said that they have two modes of quiet , and ,if you don't like the mode they are in right now you probably won't like the other mode of quiet they have ! :rofl:

doorgunner 03-26-2018 01:34 PM

Walgreens/Walmart sells soft skin-colored ear plugs....one pack of 'em should last him a year. (I wear them at sporting events)

Hand him a pack the next time he "visits". :thumbs:

SRQStingray 03-26-2018 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by doorgunner (Post 1596862417)
Walgreens/Walmart sells soft skin-colored ear plugs....one pack of 'em should last him a year. (I wear them at sporting events)

Hand him a pack the next time he "visits". :thumbs:

Good idea, Doorgunner.

vettebuyer6369 03-26-2018 01:55 PM

I's be tempted to seriously ask him how one goes about "starting a car quieter' because I apparently haven't been around cars long enough to know how.

cocodrillo 03-26-2018 04:57 PM

Don’t worry about his Harley too much, it most likely won’t even start

TimAT 03-26-2018 05:43 PM

Tell him when he decides to make your house payment THEN he can complain about the noise.

pewter99 03-26-2018 05:47 PM

tell him be glad you don't work early mornings or midnites...:D

Grumpy 427 03-26-2018 05:54 PM

The people next door are great. I rattle the dishes out of her cupboard when i start the duster. LOLOl I told them they can never move i cant break in new people anymore. Been living in the same house for 30 years now.
http://i63.tinypic.com/291nwie.jpg

maj75 03-26-2018 06:00 PM

I wouldn’t be happy if you fired up a loud car next to my house at 8 am. I don’t like landscapers or carpenters working that early. My town requires that noise be limited between 9pm and 9am.

Torqued Off 03-26-2018 07:17 PM

Jealousy is a horrible thing. Secondly, 0800 in the morning is late enough. Anyone has issues with that needs go find someone else to whine to. I would ignore the guy. If I want to take my car out of my garage, I'm doing it,....no matter what time it is.

Torqued Off 03-26-2018 07:29 PM

Old

Originally Posted by cocodrillo (Post 1596863930)
Don’t worry about his Harley too much, it most likely won’t even start

A statement like that was irrelevant about 30 years ago.....yet people just can't help themselves. Try to catch up.

Mr D. 03-26-2018 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by maj75 (Post 1596864355)
I wouldn’t be happy if you fired up a loud car next to my house at 8 am. I don’t like landscapers or carpenters working that early. My town requires that noise be limited between 9pm and 9am.

Did you bring that rule with you from up north?

Priya 03-26-2018 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by iwasmenowhesgone (Post 1596864907)
Jealousy is a horrible thing.

I'm certain jealousy has nothing to do with it.

If you want to drive a loud car having the occaisional person complain about the noise is the very trivial price you may pay for that.

twinpack 03-26-2018 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by maj75 (Post 1596864355)

I agree with this. Just because we have these cars we don't need to be obnoxious about it. I never really understood people with obnoxiously load vehicles. At the track fine, but in residential zoned areas we need to consider others. I'm just glad you're not my neighbor. We never know the situations of our neighbors. I learned this young when playing with dirt bikes at my parents home. My neighbor came out and layed into me for the noise, I was pretty ruud back then and told him. It was latter I learned his wife was dying a slow death at home and my noise made her very uncomfortable. He never told me, I found out through my cusin. I will alway respect and consider others. Especially my neighbors.

seacliffe301 03-26-2018 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by SRQStingray (Post 1596862084)
This morning, I started my 71 Vette to move it out of the garage to get my 14 Vette out to go to work. I put the 71 back in the garage and started pulling out of my driveway in the 14 and suddenly, there is some guy standing at the end of my driveway. It was 8:12AM. I roll my window down and ask, "Can I help you?". He says, can you start your cars quieter? I'm like, WHAT! I said, "They're Corvettes, they don't start quieter". Besides, I said, it's after 8. He was pissed and I said, "Wait until I start the Harley up." What a freaking tool bag. We've lived in our house on Siesta Key for 12 years without even a peep from any of our neighbors and now this jerk is upset that my cars are too loud.

He would have loved me as a neighbor. When I was 25, my cousin & I broke in a new cam on a W-30 Olds (455 big block) with open headers in my backyard. It sounded like off shore boat racing. :thumbs:

Grumpy 427 03-26-2018 08:47 PM

Some people just need to live in a condo complex.

pewter50vette 03-26-2018 08:59 PM

Worked in construction for 30 plus years , some cities have a start time requirement most are 8:00 oclock , i do not think 8:00 is to early for any noise :thumbs: