CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   The Corvette Bash (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4126865-the-corvette-bash.html)

LIE2ME 04-16-2018 09:25 AM

The Corvette Bash

Okay, not to start any rumours here, but one of our Corvette Club members who happens to be dialed into the Corvette Museum pretty closely, insinuated that we might just see the ME at the bash this year.

SoCalFinest 04-16-2018 09:58 AM

Bash traditionally marks the rollout of the next model year Corvette, so if it happens that would be GREAT! Not holding my breathe tho lol

Quinten33 04-16-2018 10:10 AM

No way it's entering production before 2019

elegant 04-16-2018 11:26 AM

Sorry, for seeing the ME at the BASH would have been a treat. But we will not see anything and hear less. - that is until the 2019 BASH when we will see two naked ones there.

While there are always a few asking questions at the BASH during the Q&A after the formal presentations, the answer we will hear from Tadge and Harlan and all the rest of the Corvette staff (usually 50+) present, to all questions about next year’s Corvettes, is always:

We do not discuss potential future product.

FrankLP 04-16-2018 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1597008206)
Sorry, for seeing the ME at the BASH would have been a treat. But we will not see anything and hear less. - that is until the 2019 BASH when we will see two naked ones there.

While there are always a few asking questions at the BASH during the Q&A after the formal presentations, the answer we will hear from Tadge and Harlan and all the rest of the Corvette staff (usually 50+) present, to all questions about next year’s Corvettes, is always:

:iagree: 100% There's little to no chance of a full reveal BEFORE more "in the wild" views (with less camo) are published/leaked, as well as GM produced teaser videos being published.

An ME Corvette represents arguably the most revolutionary generation of Corvette to date... GM should/will want to get as much marketed hype and interest as possible.

Greg00Coupe 04-16-2018 02:02 PM

The bash is not a world wide platform to make the announcement.

A few 1000 corvette nuts there ! No press

The big car shows command world press coverage. That’s where it will be rolled out

C5Driver 04-16-2018 03:20 PM

They might make the announcement and might show the pictures they viewed to that Dealers only event. Im thinking Chevrolet can't get through this years bash without saying something about the ME car. Something will be confirmed. Its really no longer a secret and would look stupid on GMs part to just deny the pink Elephant sitting in the corner of the room. May I suggest everyone attending the bash should arrive with a McDonalds drive up bag in hand and start waving them in the air.

LIE2ME 04-16-2018 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by C5Driver (Post 1597010073)
May I suggest everyone attending the bash should arrive with a McDonalds drive up bag in hand and start waving them in the air.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

elegant 04-16-2018 03:48 PM

Clever thinking!

Batman 357 04-16-2018 03:52 PM

I think the timing would be good for ME info at the Bash. The dealers got a peak. I can't make it this year so it's a good bet for something big to happen...

GMAN78OR 04-16-2018 03:54 PM

I have a feeling that they may introduce it at the bash because it would kinda fit with the time line.

So they started the 2019 year in January. Normally a prod year doesn't start till summer-ish. So to start the 2020 prod year they would need to have the 2019's running for a year and a half, or cut it in January. BUT, they will most likely (almost guaranteed) need to shut down the plant for a long period of time for the C8. Which would need to happen around December / January to have a summer-ish 2020 model being released. So with a December closure, they will need to have a long lead time to prepare for it so that people can put in the final orders for the final C7 cars and give the workers time to prepare. So with this they won't be waiting till the January NAIAS to do the reveal, so another venue / time would need to be found. Granted, another show later in the year may work out, but with the dealer show giving a tease, I have a feeling that they are ready to show the pre-prod mule in red (from the spy pics in the paint booth) on some stage at the bash. This would allow them to finally take the stupid tarp camo off an just have the silly shape camo wrap so that they can test for a bit longer to verify air flow and such without the tarps affecting the results.

OR it could just be wishful thinking.....only time will tell.

FrankLP 04-16-2018 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by C5Driver (Post 1597010073)
...May I suggest everyone attending the bash should arrive with a McDonalds drive up bag in hand and start waving them in the air.

Very clever AND funny!! :thumbs: :rofl:

Redc8z06 04-16-2018 04:33 PM

At best you can hope for is GM showing the same pictures or some of them they showed at the Dealers only event since they know dealers would never keep a secret. :rofl:

elegant 04-16-2018 04:47 PM

Sorry, but none of those positive ME “reveal in any form” posts will happen. Again, I wish it would, but there are going to be a lost of very disappointed folks who are above posting that any ME info is going to be revealed at the BASH.

Not a single GM person will even acknowledge that there is an ME being tested, nor that there will ever be a ME Corvette. If someone were hold up the McDonald’s picture to a member of the Corvette team, even when no one else were around, you might get a response like, “is that an upcoming Ferrari?”

As to the schedule suggested above, GM’s internal Dec. 12th document states that 2019 production will go on through until/during March. Then, as noted, come the Plant changes.
There is going to be very similar timing as there was regarding the end of the C6, then production of the C7’s which then went as follows:

Feb 26, 2013: Last day of C6 production
September 19, 2013: Rick Hendrick’s $1+M C7 delivered
September 20, 2013: First regular customer C7 delivered — to a friend/member of this forum.

Walter Raulerson 04-16-2018 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1597008206)

Finally got my Car and Driver and ..I know it's just a render but I LIKE THE FRONT END of the car that's on the cover. The inside pics are better but did they have to put it on top of the fold?

Walter Raulerson 04-16-2018 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1597010816)
Sorry, but none of those positive ME “reveal in any form” posts will happen. Again, I wish it would, but there are going to be a lost of very disappointed folks who are above posting that any ME info is going to be revealed at the BASH.

Not a single GM person will even acknowledge that there is an ME being tested, nor that there will ever be a ME Corvette. If someone were hold up the McDonald’s picture to a member of the Corvette team, even when no one else were around, you might get a response like, “is that an upcoming Ferrari?”

As to the schedule suggested above, GM’s internal Dec. 12th document states that 2019 production will go on through until/during March. Then, as noted, come the Plant changes.
There is going to be very similar timing as there was regarding the end of the C6, then production of the C7’s which then went as follows:

Feb 26, 2013: Last day of C6 production
September 19, 2013: Rick Hendrick’s $1+M C7 delivered
September 20, 2013: First regular customer C7 delivered — to a friend/member of this forum.

Isn't it a little ridiculous for GM to have that attitude...Oh we acknowledge the car at the dealer's meeting and C&D have their render but" we ain't sayin nuttin"

Quinten33 04-16-2018 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Walter Raulerson (Post 1597011535)
Isn't it a little ridiculous for GM to have that attitude...Oh we acknowledge the car at the dealer's meeting and C&D have their render but" we ain't sayin nuttin"

I agree. However, they also shouldn't give away ANY information on future vehicles before the vehicle is ready for public debut. It's bad for business. For example, Ford announced at Detroit that the upcoming GT500 will have over 700hp, and rumor has it that Dodge is now working on engine upgrades for the Hellcat because of it. The GT500 is still under final development somehow, so it won't enter production for a Lucky for Chevy, the Corvette is the only vehicle in its niche and any good response that a competitor can have to the leaks wouldn't come into effect for a year and a half. We already know too much, but we'll know even more about Project ZERV as time ticks on.

Mike Mercury 04-17-2018 10:03 AM

Fill in the blank:

"The automotive press is reporting that the new Corvette

Quinten33 04-17-2018 10:14 AM

Why would they reveal it at the Bash when they can reveal it during Corvettes at Carlisle! :lol:

C7pimp 04-17-2018 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1597015321)
Fill in the blank:

"The automotive press is reporting that the new Corvette

Except it's very different this time. People have seen the car in various forms (including myself), dealers were shown 2 pictures just a couple weeks ago, we have tons of photos and videos of it testing for the last couple years, we have pictures of fenders, front and rear bumpers, leaked CAD images that corresponding directly with the body panel leaks, etc.

We never had this before.

The C8 is a mid-engine car. It's not an additional model. The front engine corvette is likely a thing of the past come 2020. We will likely see base, Z51, Grand Sport, Z06 and eventually a Zr1 of the C8, all mid-engine cars, with a price range of $65k to $165K. "Wait, you mean, just like every other corvette line up in the past 25 years?" Yep, exactly that. Don't expect anything different.

Chevy's brand name can't carry a beginning price $200K+ super car to any sort of financial or business benefit. It doesn't make any sense. You think Chevy can all of the sudden nip on the toes of Ferrari and Lamborghini in price and expect to gain part of that market? Hahaha, get real. I'm not talking performance numbers. We know the Corvette can perform. I'm talking prestige and exclusivity. Chevy isn't in that game. The Corvette will continue to occupy its unique niche in the market appealing to a large field of buyers who gravitate to the combination of performance, price, looks and value. A something for almost everybody in the performance car segment. You want a gorgeous, 500hp sports car far $55K? You got it. You want a track beast with 750hp that not only the super rich can afford? You got that too.