CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Dealer scraped my 2018 Z06 front splitter.... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4127593-dealer-scraped-my-2018-z06-front-splitter.html)

Ggpz06 04-17-2018 08:05 PM

Dealer scraped my 2018 Z06 front splitter....

I just purchased this from this dealership a month ago. Today I went in for my break in 500 mike oil change. They. Finish and as I see the mechanic pull it up he parks and pulls up on a curb. Dumbass...... They ordered a new splitter and offered to install it. But I’m afraid to leave it with these idiots and risk them damaging something else. I know it’s an accident but come on man ! Few scratches at very bottom of splitter, would u guys just like be with it or have them replace it and risk fitment issues or them scratching shit up

trevor90 04-17-2018 08:20 PM

if its scratched on the very bottom, just leave it. have them re-imburse you for a repaint and leave it alone. if it's cracked, that would bug me, and they need to replce it.

383vett 04-17-2018 08:25 PM

Accept the new splitter and keep it in the attic. Leave your old one on. They can be considered disposable items. In two years after your original one is beat up, replace it with the new one and you will be good to go for another couple of years.

Ggpz06 04-17-2018 08:46 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...7729f6b145.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...e4bd34e4a8.jpg

Mcrider 04-17-2018 08:54 PM

It's a CAR and these things are going to happen. Sounds to me like the dealer stepped up and did the correct thing and you aren't satisified?

WTF?

Ggpz06 04-17-2018 09:01 PM

I understand it’s a car. They did step up. Why r u asking me WTF? WTF r u replying if u can’t help with my thread asking should I leave it alone or have them replace it. If this splitter scraping is common then yea I’ll take the advice from member above who said to leave it alone.

hairymeister 04-17-2018 09:10 PM

Touch it up and leave it on. Put the new one in storage.

Z0HS1CK 04-17-2018 09:11 PM

If the dealer offered to get a new one AND install it, you don't have to worry anymore. The dealer admitted to their mistake and are going to fix it. Case closed.

Now leaving your car with these "idiots", that's on you. You could bring it to another dealer, but then you'll have a new group of "idiots".

No matter where you go, you're dealing with humans, people who make mistakes. Lots of kids are flooding these dealers because the the automotive program that's available for people who want to do this for a living.

You have to leave your car in the hands of these strangers sooner or later. Unless you perform EVERY single task to your car yourself.

It's a car. As long as they're not joyriding it or beating on it or abusing it, just let them be.

BMadden 04-17-2018 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mcrider (Post 1597020066)
It's a CAR and these things are going to happen. Sounds to me like the dealer stepped up and did the correct thing and you aren't satisified?

WTF?

It's easy to take that attitude when it's someone else's car and not yours. I'm seeing more and more "armchair quarterbacks" on this forum acting like it's no big deal when something happens to another member's car. I'm sure they would be just as level headed about the situation if it happened to their own. Give me a break with that bulls**t. :rolleyes:

Ggpz06 04-17-2018 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1597020271)
It's easy to take that attitude when it's someone else's car and not yours. I'm seeing more and more "armchair quarterbacks" on this forum acting like it's no big deal when something happens to another member's car. I'm sure they would be just as level headed about the situation if it happened to their own. Give me a break with that bulls**t. :rolleyes:

Thank You.

Firemedic301 04-17-2018 09:50 PM

See if they will buy and install the Protekt protector?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...b9422bfbb6.png

lordofwar 04-17-2018 09:51 PM

touch it up with a black magic marker and put the new 1 away in case of any more screw-ups.

M M Alexander 04-17-2018 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1597020271)

Could it possibly be that some of us just aren’t that emotionally attached to an amalgamation of plastic/metal.
To call the entire employee base of the dealership “idiots” based on a mistake, that they’ve taken ownership of, is an extreme.
Far too attached to an automobile is how many would see this.

McFly 04-18-2018 12:36 AM

Bummer that it happened, but seems like the dealer is trying to make it right.
They don’t like it, but I always ask, and go back into the shop when mine is on the rack. Chance to check tire wear and look at underneath the car. Good luck with your resolution.

BMadden 04-18-2018 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by M M Alexander (Post 1597020516)
Could it possibly be that some of us just aren’t that emotionally attached to an amalgamation of plastic/metal.

You're probably on the wrong forum then...and you're proving my earlier point by passing judgment on how other people handle situations with vehicles that you didn't spend any money on.

robertbruce 04-18-2018 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by 383vett (Post 1597019885)
Accept the new splitter and keep it in the attic. Leave your old one on. They can be considered disposable items. In two years after your original one is beat up, replace it with the new one and you will be good to go for another couple of years.

exactly. :thumbs:

Mcrider 04-18-2018 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ggpz06 (Post 1597020127)
I understand it’s a car. They did step up. Why r u asking me WTF? WTF r u replying if u can’t help with my thread asking should I leave it alone or have them replace it. If this splitter scraping is common then yea I’ll take the advice from member above who said to leave it alone.

Why do you complain, call the dealer staff idiots, and then ask what you should do when they offered to replace it?

If you are upset, which you clearly are, the decision should be easy.

ZEN357 04-18-2018 07:39 AM

Have them replace it! Make an appointment and wait on it. When they pull it out of the garage I'd be standing there blocking them from parking it and tell you'll park it.

Ggpz06 04-18-2018 08:44 AM

Thank you for all ur opinions and suggestions. I'm not sure if they will give me the splitter without them taking the original. They also said 2 days for installation. Im not leaving the Z there for 2 days.

dvilin 04-18-2018 08:59 AM

I would let them replace it, I would want my new Vette just the way I bought it, not with a touched up splitter or slightly scratched one.
They were pretty quick to accept responsibility and make it right so I would give go ahead and get it done.