CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Matt Farah ZR1 Video (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4129890-matt-farah-zr1-video.html)

the professor 04-23-2018 10:48 AM

Matt Farah ZR1 Video

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0oZlLKi1R0

keagan 04-23-2018 10:52 AM

linky nuh work

the professor 04-23-2018 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by keagan (Post 1597056339)

Thanks keagan! Tried it twice, embedded vid didn't work so I did the link and called it a day without testing it. So far, I'd say this is the best vid of the ZR1.

keagan 04-23-2018 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by the professor (Post 1597056441)
Thanks keagan! Tried it twice, embedded vid didn't work so I did the link and called it a day without testing it. So far, I'd say this is the best vid of the ZR1.

I was just about to say the same. Matt's expression is priceless. GM nailed the C7 platform with the ZR1! Awesome!:rock:

jbsblownc5 04-23-2018 11:22 AM

Just watched this, Matt does a REALLY good job with his one takes, and he NAILED this one!! I've watched a handful of his videos, and his expressions and comments are great when he's driving a fast car! He did a one take with my 1000 HP supercharged C5 late last year, the guy can drive! It was a bit scary being next to him in my passenger's seat as he started to get comfortable with my car...

Nice job Matt!:yesnod:

DebRedZR1 04-23-2018 11:33 AM

BA vid !!!!!

keagan 04-23-2018 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5 (Post 1597056580)
Just watched this, Matt does a REALLY good job with his one takes, and he NAILED this one!! I've watched a handful of his videos, and his expressions and comments are great when he's driving a fast car! He did a one take with my 1000 HP supercharged C5 late last year, the guy can drive! It was a bit scary being next to him in my passenger's seat as he started to get comfortable with my car...

Your car is a classic! :thumbs:

09Z06pj 04-23-2018 11:48 AM

Great video review. He made clear that the ZR1 is not for those easily intimidated by horsepower. One thing though; wonder what's up with the bogging between shifts on at least two occasions. Other than that the car seemed pretty much flawless. GM definitely did it up right with this ZR1. :thumbs:

bd377103 04-23-2018 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by 09Z06pj (Post 1597056791)
Great video review. He made clear that the ZR1 is not for those easily intimidated by horsepower. One thing though; wonder what's up with the bogging between shifts on at least two occasions. Other than that the car seemed pretty much flawless. GM definitely did it up right with this ZR1. :thumbs:

He hit the rev limiter before the upshift a couple times which caused the bog

jvp 04-23-2018 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by bd377103 (Post 1597056923)

Yep. He even made a point in the article that GM told him to, "LEAVE IT IN AUTO!" But, he decided that he knew better than the car in several cases and shifted it himself. It's more fun and more involving that way. But it's also more risky insofar as hitting that rev limiter. :-)

johnglenntwo 04-23-2018 01:39 PM

He was afraid to go faster!

So he shifts it himself!:hide:

rb185afm 04-23-2018 02:32 PM

I think the trans was starting to overheat. My transmission in my auto Stingray displayed the same shift issues right before it shut me down. It would upshift to keep the trans safe and deny downshifts. If you notice, Matt was not holding the downshift paddle down for a single big gear drop. Instead he was going down through every gear. That technique puts a lot of extra heat in the auto.

djnice 04-23-2018 03:27 PM

^^He probably was only dropping one or two gears so maybe no reason to hold it down to drop multiple gears.

He did bounce off the rev limiter and he noted that caused bog. However, I am not sure he hit the rev limiter the last time when it up-shifted to 5th (I re-watched, he tried to shift to 4th and it went 4th then 5th. Maybe rb185afm is right.). And you will notice, when he exits the track it wouldn't down shift. Would be interesting if he got PDR and would share it.

Originally Posted by bd377103 (Post 1597056923)

3 Z06ZR1 04-23-2018 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5 (Post 1597056580)

:iagree: Very Nice! Seems The guy could drive while eating a donut and coffee while your shitting your pants!

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 (Post 1597056670)
BA vid !!!!!

:iagree: Super Bad ass not just Bad ass! :thumbs: Very cool love the ZR1.
It is beyond the realm for me. Very cool to have the more capable big brother though
people see the Corvette then the Z06 they are not sure but something
was VERY fast! :rofl: :cheers:

sammyv 04-23-2018 06:07 PM

Enjoyed, thanks for the post!

william wyatt 04-23-2018 06:39 PM

I'm sorry but no way can i deal with that slow 1 second delay in upshifting even in track mode.Porsche PDK is so superior to that tranny.

desmophile 04-23-2018 07:27 PM

A8 shifting delay

Originally Posted by xlr8ion (Post 1597060225)
I'm sorry but no way can i deal with that slow 1 second delay in upshifting even in track mode.Porsche PDK is so superior to that tranny.

Not looking for an argument, just some information.

My Z06 executes a shift very very quickly.
The fact that it does the shift 1 second, or whatever, after I hit the paddle, took me about one track session to adjust to. It is not a random event, it is a consistent lag. If I want it to shift at 6500, I hit the paddle when the tach hits 6000.
And if I want to up shift in a long accelerating corner, I can do so by letting the auto do its thing, which is smoother than I could consistently do a manual.

Downshifts? The A8 always gets to the gear I want by the time I need it.

I am just a track day guy. But it is hard for me to imagine that someone who earns their livelihood racing couldn't manage to use the A8 as effectively as the M7 to get around the track.

Everyone is welcome to drive what they enjoy. I am just curious to learn what I may be missing.

Paul

furiousox 04-23-2018 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by xlr8ion (Post 1597060225)

Yeah that would absolutely drive me nuts, manual trans only for me regardless though even if the ZR somehow has PDK or M-DCT level of automatic gearbox. Harnessing that much HP through a clutch pedal is just sexy as hell to me, even if I'm going slower

johnglenntwo 04-23-2018 07:39 PM

He is an idiot! And he is faster in the Ford! ;)

They told him to let the auto shift the car, which he didn't do. His opinion became null and void at that point. His job was to set All the speed and pick a line!
I would have liked to have seen the car deep into the curves after the straights to see how well the car would sort out, NOT his stupid shifting, and complaining!:ack:

638HP 04-23-2018 08:04 PM

A way cool vid... really enjoyable to watch. His reaction to the power and handling of the Z was priceless. A few hiccups, but who gives a crap when your having so much fun.