CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4s for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4s-for-sale-wanted-54/)
-   -   FS: 1989 Corvette Challenge car #11 in california... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4s-for-sale-wanted/4130525-1989-corvette-challenge-car-11-in-california.html)

bumperkar kid 04-24-2018 02:42 PM

1989 Corvette Challenge car #11 in california...

12 Attachment(s)
"BACK ON THE MARKET" 1989 Corvette Challenge car #11. Sixty of the 1989 Corvette Challenge cars came off the assembly line, but only 30 of them were race prepared. The original engines were substituted out at Powell Motorsports in Wixom, Mi. with engines specifically built for the challenge cars by the flint engine plant and tuned for equal performance by Specialized Vehicles, inc. in Troy, Mi. After the series was finished, the sealed race engines were replaced with the original factory installed matching numbered engines. Other simularities were roll cages, fire system, special seats, Z51 suspensions including the new FX3 selective ride system, heavy duty springs and stabilizer bars just to mention a few.
The #11 car was very successful participating in the full series and finished 2nd overall. It scored wins at Toronto and Mosport, 2nd at Sears Point and 3rd at Des Moines and the Meadowlands races. With the Sony sponsorship and competitive performance, it's one of the most important and recognized of the 30 race prepared Corvette Challenge cars.
This challenge car was delivered through Valley Chevrolet in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. The first owner was Peter Lockhart Racing in Toronto, Canada. The second owner was Mike Yeager. It now resides with it's 3rd owner in California.
The car still remains all original and as raced throughout. Only 28 of the 1989 Corvette Challenge cars remain. It was awarded the first NCRS Challenge Car award in July of 2009. It shows only 4,760 miles since new. One race at a time, of course! This is your chance to own a piece of corvette history. Much documentation to prove this is the "real deal" #11 Corvette Challenge car! PM me for contact info.
...ASKING price of $52,500.00... PLEASE NOTE: the right C1 and C2 corvette trades considered. ALSO, the asking price is negotiable!

...AS PER FORUM RULES...i hereby am stating that i am listing this corvette for it's owner, a good friend of mine who is of age (81) and is NOT computer literate. i will be receiving absolutely no compensation for any possible sale. i will try to my best ability to make sure any and all transactions are done in a pleasant and non-combative manner. THX!

1993C4LT1 04-24-2018 09:54 PM

very cool:cool:

bumperkar kid 05-19-2018 11:40 PM

T.T.T. for the upcoming holiday weekend...:cheers:

bumperkar kid 06-15-2018 04:26 PM

T.T.T. 4 the weekend...:cheers:

jsmcol 06-21-2018 05:33 PM

I should have bought one of these when I had a chance in the 90's. At that point they were about $24-27 depending on the car, how successful, the shape, and if it had the original engine with it, etc. Show's how much these have gone up over the years...

This one has a great color scheme to it as well. A real piece of history!

Jenng8870 06-24-2018 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by bumperkar kid (Post 1597066102)
1989 Corvette Challenge car #11. Sixty of the 1989 Corvette Challenge cars came off the assembly line, but only 30 of them were race prepared. The original engines were substituted out at Powell Motorsports in Wixom, Mi. with engines specifically built for the challenge cars by the flint engine plant and tuned for equal performance by Specialized Vehicles, inc. in Troy, Mi. After the series was finished, the sealed race engines were replaced with the original factory installed matching numbered engines. Other simularities were roll cages, fire system, special seats, Z51 suspensions including the new FX3 selective ride system, heavy duty springs and stabilizer bars just to mention a few.
The #11 car was very successful participating in the full series and finished 2nd overall. It scored wins at Toronto and Mosport, 2nd at Sears Point and 3rd at Des Moines and the Meadowlands races. With the Sony sponsorship and competitive performance, it's one of the most important and recognized of the 30 race prepared Corvette Challenge cars.
This challenge car was delivered through Valley Chevrolet in Wilkes-barre, Pa. The first owner was Peter Lockhart Racing in Toronto, Canada. The second owner was Mike Yeager. It now resides with it's 3rd owner in California.
The car still remains all original and as raced throughout. Only 28 of the 1989 Corvette Challenge cars remain. It was awarded the first NCRS Challenge Car award in July of 2009. It shows only 4,760 miles since new. One race at a time, of course! This is your chance to own a piece of corvette history. Much documentation to prove this is the "real deal" #11 Corvette Challenge car! PM me for contact info.
...ASKING price of $49,900.00...

...AS PER FORUM RULES...i hereby am stating that i am listing this corvette for it's owner, a good friend of mine who is of age (78) and is NOT computer literate. i will be receiving absolutely no compensation for any possible sale. i will try to my best ability to make sure any and all transactions are done in a pleasant and non-combative manner. THX!

wow! Brings back memories. I worked for Powell Motorsports. I traveled with this team. Peter Lockhart and Boris Said III were the drivers. It was an amazing experience. I would buy the car in a second if I could. Good to see it's still around.

bumperkar kid 07-04-2018 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jenng8870 (Post 1597469616)
wow! Brings back memories. I worked for Powell Motorsports. I traveled with this team. Peter Lockhart and Boris Said III were the drivers. It was an amazing experience. I would buy the car in a second if I could. Good to see it's still around.

i'm sure the owner would love to talk to you about your experiences with the sony corvette. i know he's very flexible on the price. p.m. me and i'll get you his number even if you are only interested to just talk about the corvette...THX!!!

bumperkar kid 07-26-2018 11:11 AM

T.T.T. 4 the weekend...:cheers:

bumperkar kid 08-25-2018 02:22 PM

T.T.T. :cheers:

bumperkar kid 09-23-2018 10:09 PM

T.T.T.:cheers:

bumperkar kid 11-04-2018 05:25 PM

T.T.T. :cheers:

bumperkar kid 12-19-2018 12:48 PM

T. T. T. once again...:cheers:

cmabatman 01-04-2019 03:39 PM

That Steve's out in Brentwood?

bumperkar kid 01-05-2019 10:32 AM

yes it is. i take it that you know both the car and steve?

cmabatman 01-09-2019 10:00 AM

Just that it is absolutely gorgeous. I bought his '94 roof top a few weeks back.

bumperkar kid 01-18-2019 11:18 AM

T.T.T. for the weekend and upcoming MLK holiday!

Vette Daddy 02-05-2019 10:46 PM

I would trade a 95 ZR-1 with 9800 miles. NCRS dream. Canadian export in the US now.

bumperkar kid 02-06-2019 10:17 AM

mornin' brett,
the owner is only interested in c1/c2 trades. it sure would look good residing in your stable of corvettes, though. a cash offer would be considered if it's in the ballpark of the asking price. thanks for your interest, kevin

Vette Daddy 02-08-2019 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by bumperkar kid (Post 1598828021)
mornin' brett,
the owner is only interested in c1/c2 trades. it sure would look good residing in your stable of corvettes, though. a cash offer would be considered if it's in the ballpark of the asking price. thanks for your interest, kevin

Thanks!!

mazdaverx7 02-10-2019 09:06 AM

Are there pictures of the car in its current condition available?