CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   C7 ZR1 Fast List (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4133933-c7-zr1-fast-list.html)

keagan 05-02-2018 11:54 AM

C7 ZR1 Fast List

Ladies & Gentlemen, bear with me as this is my first rodeo doing this. Just wanna help out. Suggestions are more than welcome! I have this in Excel so I can have a record as well. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, I decided to use Higgs Boson format from the C7 Z06 fast list.

In order to be considered please include in your entry post (be specific with regard to modifications):

Year:
Transmission:
Tune:
Fuel:
Modifications:
Track:
Date and Time of Run:
Density Altitude:

Picture of Time Slip with Time, Date, Track visible

Stock List

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...9594b6a70f.png

Modified List

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...11ff472783.png

keagan 05-02-2018 11:57 AM

Ok so clearly this ain't gonna be as easy as I hoped for. The forum ain't playing too well with the format. Any ideas how I can get it to show everything? I have to include
Aero Package
Mods
Trans
Tire
Track
Date

Spulbus2013 05-02-2018 12:26 PM

Good job so far, thanks! I’m curious how the areo packages will or will not effect the cars 1/4 performance so far the ZTK package may be taking some steam out of the ZR1’s 1/4 but we will see as time goes on. Also as others have stated I’d like to see what’s happening from the 1/8 to 1/4 mark in the tune, wonder if they are pulling some timing or something else is going on, 110mph 1/8 COULD result in a 140mph 1/4.

keagan 05-02-2018 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Spulbus2013 (Post 1597118270)
Good job so far, thanks!

Thanks, as more members chime in I can fine tune. Now all we need is to get more drivers down the track! :thumbs:

keagan 05-02-2018 01:16 PM

Quick question, what is the rule regarding these times. For example, that youtube guy Street Speed 717 had video of his run and slips. I assume because he is not a member here that he cannot be added to the list? Can another member post info required on a non member behalf? Let's say that driver chooses not to be a member but probably has video proof and of course their slips. How does that work? Is it a no-no?

Spulbus2013 05-02-2018 04:03 PM

My personal opinion is if u have a video or any proof of a run then it should be added, we will see some non member runs that probably be on FB or YouTube that will be awesome and if we know details I don’t see how we hurt this list by posting it

keagan 05-03-2018 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Spulbus2013 (Post 1597119716)
My personal opinion is if u have a video or any proof of a run then it should be added, we will see some non member runs that probably be on FB or YouTube that will be awesome and if we know details I don’t see how we hurt this list by posting it

Thanks, Ill add him, I wish there was a permalink incorporated in the spreadsheet for the source of times.

racerns 05-03-2018 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by keagan (Post 1597125344)
Thanks, Ill add him, I wish there was a permalink incorporated in the spreadsheet for the source of times.

For most of the other lists we only add a time if someone requests to be added and has a username on the forum. I know of other C6 ZR1 times but have not put it on the list since it was never submitted. I did add one or 2 on the list preemptively but only because I witnessed the run and then also confirmed with that person they wanted to be on the list.

keagan 05-03-2018 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by racerns (Post 1597125660)
For most of the other lists we only add a time if someone requests to be added and has a username on the forum. I know of other C6 ZR1 times but have not put it on the list since it was never submitted. I did add one or 2 on the list preemptively but only because I witnessed the run and then also confirmed with that person they wanted to be on the list.

Got it. It will be a while before this list grows. I know he is on here, under what username, that’s another story or maybe he just lurks. He is a cool guy, mentions the forum in a couple of videos but it’s probably not welcoming for him with all the negativity around the threads involving him.

racerns 05-03-2018 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by keagan (Post 1597125793)

Got it. It will be a while before this list grows. I know he is on here, under what username, that’s another story or maybe he just lurks. He is a cool guy, mentions the forum in a couple of videos but it’s probably not welcoming for him with all the negativity around the threads involving him.

Also are you calling drag wheels and tires "Modified" or are you going to have Stock but on drag tire category and them have modified for any power modification?

keagan 05-03-2018 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by racerns (Post 1597127135)
Also are you calling drag wheels and tires "Modified" or are you going to have Stock but on drag tire category and them have modified for any power modification?

I’m open to suggestions, it’s my first list so I can use all the help from you owners.

3 Z06ZR1 05-03-2018 10:37 PM

HINT; Separate the A8 times from the M7's as the difference between the two on the stock tire will be a lot. :cheers:
I think Ben's time was on stock tire's!

keagan 05-03-2018 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 (Post 1597129492)
HINT; Separate the A8 times from the M7's as the difference between the two on the stock tire will be a lot. :cheers:
I think Ben's time was on stock tire's!

Will take a look at the list tomorrow and see how best I can incorporate it without being cluttered. I wonder how many guys from the C7 Z or C6 Z fast list have received theirs already?

DebRedZR1 05-04-2018 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by keagan (Post 1597118642)
Quick question, what is the rule regarding these times. For example, that youtube guy Street Speed 717 had video of his run and slips. I assume because he is not a member here that he cannot be added to the list? Can another member post info required on a non member behalf? Let's say that driver chooses not to be a member but probably has video proof and of course their slips. How does that work? Is it a no-no?

Originally Posted by racerns (Post 1597125660)

NO NO and NO to Streetspeed, he is constantly putting down CF with his ridiculous click bait vids demanding people post them here. Unless a person has a Forum name let's be consistent and maintain as the CF Fast List. :D
***Thanks for doing this, had it made a sticky :thumbs:

Spulbus2013 05-04-2018 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1 (Post 1597131239)
NO NO and NO to Streetspeed, he is constantly putting down CF with his ridiculous click bait vids demanding people post them here. Unless a person has a Forum name let's be consistent and maintain as the CF Fast List. :D
***Thanks for doing this, had it made a sticky :thumbs:

data is data,

keagan 05-04-2018 10:23 AM

Seems I need to get a better consensus from more members. Like I said, it’s my first time doing this so it’s up to the forum to decide. I think there was only one video where he called out the CF forum and that’s when he hit 10’s. Anyone else ran so far? Or know of any members here who plans to?

zhopper05 05-04-2018 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by keagan (Post 1597131476)
Seems I need to get a better consensus from more members. Like I said, it’s my first time doing this so it’s up to the forum to decide. I think there was only one video where he called out the CF forum and that’s when he hit 10’s. Anyone else ran so far? Or know of any members here who plans to?

I agree with Debbie on the Click and Bait thing. If we are only trying to post the fastest cars from within the community, so be it. However, if our ultimate goal is to record what the car is capable of, then we have to post any record, regardless of the person's association.

keagan 05-04-2018 12:13 PM

While I agree the click bait thing can get out of hand, it only applies to those who watches his videos or any big YouTuber at the moment. I watch his videos and can weed through the click bait nonesense. Regardless of what most may think of him, I guess you would have to be watching his videos from a couple years back to understand him. I’m in for the vettes, once he doesn’t have one in the garage anymore, I’m out!

JMB 05-04-2018 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by keagan (Post 1597132287)
While I agree the click bait thing can get out of hand, it only applies to those who watches his videos or any big YouTuber at the moment. I watch his videos and can weed through the click bait nonesense. Regardless of what most may think of him, I guess you would have to be watching his videos from a couple years back to understand him. I’m in for the vettes, once he doesn’t have one in the garage anymore, I’m out!

if Mike wants his track videos posted, he can edit it them down to 1 minute showing the car staging and then running.....no 13 minute click bait videos!

keagan 05-10-2018 06:09 PM

Updated list with suggestions. Come on Ladies & Gents, I'm quite certain someone here other than Farmer & Ben has been down the strip.