CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Performance Results (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/performance-results-108/)
-   -   M/T ET street R’s (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/performance-results/4134609-m-t-et-street-ris.html)

zblkr1 05-03-2018 10:49 PM

M/T ET street R’s

Does anyone have any experience with the M/T ET Street R’s? Most of the info I could find was on the s/s. I’m in the market for a new set of DR’s street/track (never in the rain so that’s not a factor)

Just curious to see what others run, opinions? Reviews?

C5 Z06 Procharged

C5-Fan 05-04-2018 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by zblkr1 (Post 1597129552)
Does anyone have any experience with the M/T ET Street R’s? Most of the info I could find was on the s/s. I’m in the market for a new set of DR’s street/track (never in the rain so that’s not a factor)

C5 Z06 Procharged

I tried a set of 275/17's & was able to get a 1.51 60 ft n/a. They hook well but I would not recommend for much street driving.

zblkr1 05-04-2018 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by C5-Fan (Post 1597130555)
I tried a set of 275/17's & was able to get a 1.51 60 ft n/a. They hook well but I would not recommend for much street driving.

Not even on sunny dry days? car only comes out on nice days.
would you steer toward the Et street s/s than?

i only put about 1000 miles a year on, if that. Handful of track days if i'm lucky, but mostly street miles

C5-Fan 05-04-2018 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by zblkr1 (Post 1597131626)
Not even on sunny dry days? car only comes out on nice days.
would you steer toward the Et street s/s than?

i only put about 1000 miles a year on, if that. Handful of track days if i'm lucky, but mostly street miles

I had SS's on last year, they did better on the street but did not hook as well on the track.

zblkr1 05-04-2018 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by C5-Fan (Post 1597132063)
I had SS's on last year, they did better on the street but did not hook as well on the track.

Did the ss's hook decently on the street? i am around 550-600rw
Assuming a lot better than a summer tire.
Have you noticed a considerable loss in performance in cornering with them (know they aren't made for that)

neutron82 05-05-2018 01:18 PM

what kind of driving will you be doing on the street?... if you mainly do rolls the s/s will do great at that power level... I can dead hook 50-60 rolls and from a dig they will break look at about 5-5500rpm but from second gear on they hold, with your power they very well may hold all of 1st gear.. I have never used the "r" but I would like to get a set to use for the track or half mile events so I can use all of 1st gear

zblkr1 05-05-2018 04:53 PM

Rolls or digs. Mostly rolls I’d say. it would just be nice to have something hold 2nd at least.

I do a cruise once a month with some buddies, nothing crazy but they are twisty back roads. How are taking corners on s/s? Sketchy? Like I said nothing crazy it’s not like we’re going all out.

pit-man 05-06-2018 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by zblkr1 (Post 1597129552)

C5 Z06 Procharged

The "R's" hook up great.
I have them on my 10 second street truck and with Toyo's I was going sideways with half gas in 2nd gear. Now I can hit 2nd gear at 50mph and she runs straight as an arrow and pulls hard.

I have run them on my 10 second vette too and they hold great. I was told to stay clear of the SS. I thought they were the same compound. Anyway...you will like the R

nyg215 05-07-2018 10:07 PM

Street SS will not hook on the street for you below 3rd most likely. My NA 530whp with 4.10s doesn’t get traction until half way through 3rd with street SS tires. Testing M&H racemasters now....not going great.....probably try street Rs next. Good luck in the hunt for traction!!!!

neutron82 05-11-2018 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by zblkr1 (Post 1597139535)
Rolls or digs. Mostly rolls I’d say. it would just be nice to have something hold 2nd at least.

I do a cruise once a month with some buddies, nothing crazy but they are twisty back roads. How are taking corners on s/s? Sketchy? Like I said nothing crazy it’s not like we’re going all out.

for rolls they are great especially when hot... you really don't have to do burnouts on them, just drive around for awhile to get them hot and they will stick... that will also help make them last longer... they handle decent for what they are but don't get greedy and try to take hard corners:lol:... also avoid moderate to heavy rain at all costs, these are by far the worst drag radials I have ever used when in water however they are the best I have used on dry pavement... I'm pretty confident they will hook 2nd no problem and possibly all of 1st as well with your setup and power level

Originally Posted by nyg215 (Post 1597153779)
Street SS will not hook on the street for you below 3rd most likely. My NA 530whp with 4.10s doesn’t get traction until half way through 3rd with street SS tires. Testing M&H racemasters now....not going great.....probably try street Rs next. Good luck in the hunt for traction!!!!

remember he has a centrifugal blower so it won't make gobs of power down low which will allow the car to get traction and then the power will come in up top, I think he would be just fine at his power level with the s/s... the gearing on your setup will also make it harder to get traction

fivelitrecobra 05-15-2018 03:25 PM

Street R's would hook better at the track for me then the S/S's, consistent low 1.5's on the R's consistent mid 1.5's on the S/S's. I could overpower and spin the S/S's occasionally on the launch, never had that issue with the R's. On the street it was the opposite, S/S's would hook better then the R's. Both are terrible if you get caught in the rain.

zblkr1 05-15-2018 06:29 PM

Awesome, thanks for the input

put in an order for the M/T S/S 305 40 18, hope they don’t rub!

Should be be here Thursday or Friday

vrybad 05-15-2018 07:58 PM

I am running the 305/35-18 SS on my car, 640/640 at the tire, 4L65 and the car hooks like crazy on the street so far, this in cooler weather as well.
Hope to get to the track soon.
I think you'll have good results with those tires.