CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [ZR1] Tuning (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/4138837-tuning.html)

ZR1PWR 05-14-2018 03:12 PM

Tuning

Anyone have any experience with LSxperts near Atlanta Ga?
Or
Sending your ECU to Texas Speed for tuning?

SIK02SS 05-14-2018 03:49 PM

If you're in the Atlanta area why not just go to Vengeance? I wouldn't trust a mail order tune...it won't be optimized and it's not worth risking an LS9 motor over that.

ZR1PWR 05-14-2018 03:53 PM

Overpriced, Expensive, Long wait times, and I hear everyone complaining about them.

SIK02SS 05-14-2018 05:00 PM

I’ve not heard of any complaints about them and a few ZR1 members here have been tuned and built by them with no issues. They’re one of the best shops around. Otherwise I’d get HP Tuners Pro and have either Greg @ Kong Performance or Ryne at CMS remote tune it. Regardless good shops have wait times

tonysz06 05-16-2018 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ZR1PWR (Post 1597197645)
Or

Try Lamar Walden High Performance Engines in Doraville Ga.
Rob Walden did an excellent job in tuning, ported stock throttle body and installed k&n Cold Air filter only.
after tune: 575 rwhp/550 rwtq on my 2011 ZR1
Very happy :flag:

whatcop? 05-16-2018 11:01 AM

I use vengeance racing and they are nothing but top notch with very fair pricing. Other shops cut corners and that is why pricing is lower and you'll be back to fix issues with other shops and end up spending more.

Long wait times with that many techs there just means they are doing something right.

AHP 05-16-2018 01:51 PM

OP, what are your mods?

ZR1PWR 05-16-2018 01:54 PM

+

Going with LTE 710 package, headers, Xpipe and E85.

Originally Posted by AHP (Post 1597211451)
OP, what are your mods?

Daniel@Vengeance 05-16-2018 04:19 PM

If there are any issues or complaints we would love to hear about them. We do carry a long lead time for the shop compared to others, but do have six full time technicians on staff here and close to 100 customers with deposits in for builds over the next 3-4 months for builds. On tuning we are typically only 1-2 weeks out to get someone in. I will admit that we are not the cheapest, but fair in pricing on parts like you would find most anywhere else as well as quoted labor time to get a build completed. If there is anything that I can assist with, please feel free to reach out to me personally at David@vengeanceracing.net and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can, and would love to earn your business!

Ron@Vengeance Racing 05-16-2018 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by ZR1PWR (Post 1597197946)
Overpriced, Expensive, Long wait times, and I hear everyone complaining about them.

If you are local I would encourage you to stop by and visit with us in person. Check out our facility, ask questions related to your build/tuning and see for yourself.

We constantly check out pricing against the competition and we are right in line with other reputable companies performing similar services.

We are typically able to schedule outside tuning appointments no further than two weeks out.

I am not sure who is complaining? If they are our customers they are aware we offer support/adjustments to ensure their satisfaction. If they are just folks on the street that do not like us, then their information holds very little merit in my opinion.

Ron@Vengeance Racing 05-16-2018 06:11 PM

I apologize for not noticing David had already replied. That said, when you have the owner and general manager of the same company chiming in on forums to reply to inquiries this should let you know how serious we are about supporting our customers.

Innovate 05-16-2018 06:16 PM

If you want things done without wait time you have to do it yourself. My buddy Andrew lives in Augusta and he has tuned a handful of C6Z's including a full Mamo car. I do not think he does more than tune though. PM me and I can get you in touch. He tunes through HP Tuners on the street and is around $450 I think for a full tune.

Ron, most of the complaints I think are for price. Other than that you guys are the premier LS shop in the southeast. When you guys are booked out for months at a time I would not worry about it. If OP has the time and can wait you guys would be a good choice.

73DBG 05-16-2018 06:36 PM

Can’t speak as a customer of Vengeance, but I grew up in the west Cobb area and was out and about on Barrett in the early 2000’s all the time. Import seen was pretty big I had a stock 92 300zx TT. What’s funny and I didn’t even know this till a month or two ago when some of my boys still in the metro ATL area informed me of this. If you were in the metro ATL area in the early 2000’s and a part of the car/street race or just hanging out seen you may not have personally known “Ron” with the red SS camero but you knew of him and his car.(I did not/met once or twice)That thing hurt so many feelings back than. Fast forward to a couple months ago I buy my first vette and got in touch with some of the guys from back in the day and was made aware of that guy “Ron” who had the sick SS......yeah he’s pretty important at one of the best LS shops in the country. Makes sense now looking back. That SS was serious and way ahead of its time. It also really put a hurting on all the imports which pissed people off lol. In my experience you usually get what you pay for, and the better products produced normally have a decent lead time. Just my 2 cents and personal recollection. I’ve also heard LSxperts is a good place from a few people, but everyone has an opinion, if I was still in ATL I just go check them out and make my own decisions rather than he said she said stuff.

Che70velle 05-17-2018 05:20 PM

I’m 20 minutes from LSXperts. I contacted them via phone a couple months back, and asked about tuning. I run Mast electronics. The gentleman on the phone asked me who currently tuned my car, and I told him Damon at Mast Motorsports. He responded, and I quote...”I’ve never heard of Mast”. I said thank you sir, and politely let him go. True story. I do know for certain that they lock their tunes, meaning no one else can tune your vehicle but them, once they are done. I’m not a fan of that practice myself.
I recently bought my RPSBC2 from Ron at Vengeance, and I’m almost ready for the tune. It will be at Vengeance.

Che70velle 05-17-2018 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by 73DBG (Post 1597213430)
Can’t speak as a customer of Vengeance, but I grew up in the west Cobb area and was out and about on Barrett in the early 2000’s all the time. Import seen was pretty big I had a stock 92 300zx TT. What’s funny and I didn’t even know this till a month or two ago when some of my boys still in the metro ATL area informed me of this. If you were in the metro ATL area in the early 2000’s and a part of the car/street race or just hanging out seen you may not have personally known “Ron” with the red SS camero but you knew of him and his car.(I did not/met once or twice)That thing hurt so many feelings back than. Fast forward to a couple months ago I buy my first vette and got in touch with some of the guys from back in the day and was made aware of that guy “Ron” who had the sick SS......yeah he’s pretty important at one of the best LS shops in the country. Makes sense now looking back. That SS was serious and way ahead of its time. It also really put a hurting on all the imports which pissed people off lol. In my experience you usually get what you pay for, and the better products produced normally have a decent lead time. Just my 2 cents and personal recollection. I’ve also heard LSxperts is a good place from a few people, but everyone has an opinion, if I was still in ATL I just go check them out and make my own decisions rather than he said she said stuff.

Barrett still gets some action. Ron knows his stuff, no doubt.

2002BLKTA 05-17-2018 11:01 PM

Before you buy parts get in contact with Greg @ Kong Performance he has the best customer service and is the king of the ZR1 platform. He has remote tuned my ZR1 and it runs perfect. He will also have a better package for you than the LPE

Originally Posted by ZR1PWR (Post 1597197645)
Or