CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southern California (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california-45/)
-   -   Mag Ride Update Dealers in CA.? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california/4139491-mag-ride-update-dealers-in-ca.html)

Fick 05-15-2018 10:42 PM

Mag Ride Update Dealers in CA.?

I asked on the So. Ca. forum but did not get any response. Has anyone had experience with having the Mag ride update done at dealers near the Santa Maria/Santa Barbara/SLO area?

The dealer near me has not heard of the update and I don't want to explain it to them and be the first.

Fick 05-16-2018 02:58 PM

Apparently I am going to have to expand my search for a dealer. Any recommendations for dealers who have done this between LA and Santa Barbara or San Jose and Paso?

JJLAI724 05-16-2018 03:22 PM

Rio Vista Chevrolet is my #1 choice for work. No joke. My #2 choice would me Momentum Chevrolet in San Jose. #3 would be Dublin Chevrolet. I've heard good things about the Master Tech from those dealerships. But Rio Vista tech knows his stuff. Especially on the C6Z's.

red62vette 05-16-2018 03:30 PM

Anyone use Boardwalk in Redwood City for this? They are one of the largest Vette dealers in the US.

Fick 05-16-2018 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by JJLAI724 (Post 1597212058)
Rio Vista Chevrolet is my #1 choice for work. No joke. My #2 choice would me Momentum Chevrolet in San Jose. #3 would be Dublin Chevrolet. I've heard good things about the Master Tech from those dealerships. But Rio Vista tech knows his stuff. Especially on the C6Z's.

Rio Vista would have been my choice also but when I called and talked to the service writer he said he had not heard of the update and that they did not do much work on Corvettes. Maybe I will have to talk to someone else at the dealership.

Patches 05-16-2018 04:11 PM

A couple of us have had it successfully done at Quality Chevrolet in Escondido. I know that's south of your requested region but Quality has no problem applying the upgrade if you don't find a dealer closer to you.

DWillys 05-16-2018 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fick (Post 1597212367)
Rio Vista would have been my choice also but when I called and talked to the service writer he said he had not heard of the update and that they did not do much work on Corvettes. Maybe I will have to talk to someone else at the dealership.

Really? Something's wrong there. They have an extremely good reputation as THE place for Corvette work in NorCal.

Fick 05-16-2018 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by DWillys (Post 1597213283)
Really? Something's wrong there. They have an extremely good reputation as THE place for Corvette work in NorCal.

Yes, there is some confusion. There is a Rio Vista Chevrolet in Buellton just south of Santa Maria; that is the one I was referring to. I was not aware of another up north.

DWillys 05-16-2018 06:38 PM

Check out the Nor Cal forum. They sponsor track get togethers, etc. They're located between silicon valley and Sacramento. Bit of a drive for a mag update. If you have additional work and want to make a road trip it is worth considering.

AORoads 05-16-2018 06:39 PM

Maybe look up Corvette clubs in Oxnard or Bakersfield, SLO? Ask prez or whomever you get which dealers know what they are doing re C7s.

Maybe these guys and gals?

http://www.slovettes.org/SLO_VETTES/Welcome.html

DALE#3 05-16-2018 06:53 PM

Really,What is their to screw-up? Believe it is just plug in and wait.
Can't be any more difficult than a oil change??
Ha,Wait some have messed that up

mountainears 05-16-2018 07:03 PM

Abel Chevrolet....Bay Area. The place to go, reach out to the service manager, Richie. They have their own race team, Richie drives their Corvette's for that team.

Fick 05-16-2018 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by DALE#3 (Post 1597213540)
Really,What is their to screw-up? Believe it is just plug in and wait.
Can't be any more difficult than a oil change??
Ha,Wait some have messed that up

Yes, and my local dealer was one of them. A few years ago I took my 96 LT4 in for an oil change and they did not put in synthetic oil even though the oil cap said "Mobile One Only". When I questioned them they said that the 96 Corvette did not take synthetic oil. I had to make them look it up and wait another hour while they replaced the oil and filter again.

So yes, I am sure they can screw up the mag ride update. i have read a couple posts here where some have had it happen.

JJLAI724 05-16-2018 07:12 PM

Abel Chevrolet....Bay Area. The place to go, reach out to the service manager, Richie. They have their own race team, Richie drives their Corvette's for that team.
Yes it's Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista and +1 on Richie the service manager.

RichieRichZ06 05-16-2018 07:35 PM

Thanks for all the kind words and referrals everyone.

To the OP, we are a bit of a drive from your location, but we do have a couple dozen loyal Corvette owners from So Cal that make the drive up here for work.

If Rio Vista Chevrolet in Buelton is your easiest choice, I know their service manager and I can communicate with him on how to do the update. They don't do a lot of Corvette stuff, but I've answered questions about cars in their shop before.

If you want to make the scenic drive up north, we'd be happy to take care of your car.

Feel free to reach out if we can do anything or if you'd like me to contact RV Chevrolet on your behalf.

:cheers:

Rich Willhoff
Service and Parts Director
Abel Chevrolet Buick
Rio Vista, CA

Fick 05-16-2018 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06 (Post 1597213841)

To the OP, we are a bit of a drive from your location, but we do have a couple dozen loyal Corvette owners from So Cal that make the drive up here for work.

If Rio Vista Chevrolet in Buelton is your easiest choice, I know their service manager and I can communicate with him on how to do the update. They don't do a lot of Corvette stuff, but I've answered questions about cars in their shop before.

If you want to make the scenic drive up north, we'd be happy to take care of your car.

Feel free to reach out if we can do anything or if you'd like me to contact RV Chevrolet on your behalf.

Rich Willhoff
Abel Chevrolet Buick
Rio Vista, CA

Thank you Richie; I would love to bring my car to your dealership ,however it is just not practical at this time. It would be great if you could contact Rio Vista on my behalf. I will send you a PM with my info.

DWillys 05-16-2018 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06 (Post 1597213841)

Rich Willhoff
Abel Chevrolet Buick
Rio Vista, CA

Rich,
Does the mag update apply to a 2017 M7 Z51?

[sorry for taking this somewhat OT]

RichieRichZ06 05-17-2018 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by DWillys (Post 1597214697)
Rich,
Does the mag update apply to a 2017 M7 Z51?

[sorry for taking this somewhat OT]

They do show an update for 2014-2017 Z51.

DWillys 05-17-2018 06:13 PM

Thanks! Another thing to add to my list for my 1st service.

Fick 05-17-2018 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by JJLAI724 (Post 1597213670)
Yes it's Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista and +1 on Richie the service manager.

Rich is the real deal. He followed through with his offer to contact a local dealer with instructions on how to install the update. He then called to let me know it was set up. I consider that going over and above.

If I need any major work in the future I will make the trip to Abel Chevrolet.