CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   wanagofast.com 1/2 mile race. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4139605-wanagofast-com-1-2-mile-race.html)

xiarcher 05-16-2018 09:13 AM

wanagofast.com 1/2 mile race.

Has anyone ran there vette at one of the wanagofast races? I was going to try the one in Floridia this year and was looking for some feed back. Tkx Mike

Dano523 05-16-2018 01:30 PM

Here is my only glitch with such races, and they do not prep the launch area enough to make a really difference over all. So with the lack of launch grip, then it still a semi soft start to be begin with, and no where the speeds of that of a 1 mile run instead.

As for if they did prep the launch area of that of a drag strip to get a serous launch to start with, then would be a hold different ball game isntead.

Lets face it, on a high speed road course, I ringing the car up to about 175mps lap after lap at the end of the straight, so between this continues fun, or sitting around all day just to run a few straight line 1/2 runs with a shite start launch area to begin, going to say pass myself. Hence the less than ideal launch start point, and the run only 1/2 mile long, the whole idea of the run is to keep the speeds down in the first place, so you guys can run street cars without the need of addition safety equipment on the cars instead. Granted that you will see some runs over 200mph by built cars for the events, but production cars, not so fast isntead.

So since you have a vet, then get into HPDE events, where is not just straight line your going fast, but the technical sections of the track as well.

~STOLEN~ 05-16-2018 03:54 PM

i actually just did a little research trying to link up with them again and there are no events near me so im out i guess....

they did one in marion a couple years ago and had a great turnout just prob not as big as tx and fl events

g23crawler 05-16-2018 04:04 PM

Iv been to a couple, alot of fun. Not sure on the mods done to your car but I would say 80% of the cars there are 600hp+. Hoping to have my new setup done for the race in Colorado. It will be a lot more fun for me now that im on a more competitive level, hoping to make around 800hp.

Innovate 05-16-2018 07:16 PM

I am hoping to make the Speed Addicts Half-Mile in June. It is in Clayton, GA at Heaven's Landing.

mellojoe 05-16-2018 07:32 PM

There's a lot of people that are now into these style of races. They definitely favor the high HP top end more than the big torque hook-up-hard style of 1/8th and 1/4 mi drag runs. The Texas Invitational event sees a bunch of cars in the 1200+ hp range. I don't have personal experience, but following and talkign with a group that went there is not a ton of setup you need for a street car. Be smart. Bring your helmet, as usual. Bring lots of water, because these are typically held at areas that are not setup for spectators with food/drink vendors or concession stands. If you have adjustable aero, set it for least resistance, least downforce. Like was mentioned above, the hook-up is not spectacular anyway, but the goal is top end, so you don't need massive downforce, just enough to keep it straight and give you enough steering / brake input to drive it safely. Any extra drag will take mph off your top end, which is where the magic of these events happens.

Its just like any day at the drag strip, except a little more slack in timing, and you don't really need to be on top of your 60' times.