CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   C6 seats? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/4139621-c6-seats.html)

GBennett 05-16-2018 09:46 AM

C6 seats?

What is everyone doing for seat mods in their c6? I have a z51 and want to upgrade the seat to something more comfortable and better looking. Maybe a grandsport or ZR1 seat?

Corvette_Ed 05-16-2018 10:02 AM

The only seats that are really different are the 2012-13 seats as they use different foam and seat skins. The standard and sport seats really don't have a whole lot of difference in them.

GBennett 05-16-2018 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed (Post 1597209740)
The only seats that are really different are the 2012-13 seats as they use different foam and seat skins. The standard and sport seats really don't have a whole lot of difference in them.

Are there any aftermarket seats that feel better.

Beef97 05-16-2018 11:21 AM

I upgraded my 2010 GS seats for a ZR1 skin and new foam that I bought. Wasn't terribly impressed with the difference. Glad I did it but for what I put into it I was hoping to see more of a difference. Glad to not have to give up my airbags in the seat though

Corvette_Ed 05-16-2018 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by GBennett (Post 1597210262)
Are there any aftermarket seats that feel better.

I just rebuilt my seats with new foam and skins instead of going aftermarket. There was a huge difference in how they felt after I got done. I also added the JW Motoring seat rebuild kit to both seats, which also improved the feel.

FAUEE 05-16-2018 12:03 PM

Caravaggio and marrad make upgraded oem seats. Recaro recently came out with a seat specific for corvettes as well. But make sure you bring your money, they'e not cheap...

HOXXOH 05-16-2018 07:34 PM

My wife's boobs don't feel much different than the ex-wife's. You won't find much difference between C6 seats either, except the common feeling of the thickness of your wallet

Dano523 05-16-2018 09:02 PM

If the question is seats in the C6 that don't feel like your sitting in a La-Z-Boy, then aftermarket sets.

Hence the C6 seat frame sucks to begin with, so only so much can do with it.
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/D4gAAO...TC/s-l1600.jpg

The C7 frames got much better, but still nothing to write home about in regards to a true racing seat.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...62944008715735

Corvette_Ed 05-16-2018 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by HOXXOH (Post 1597213833)
My wife's boobs don't feel much different than the ex-wife's. You won't find much difference between C6 seats either, except the common feeling of the thickness of your wallet

Pics or it didn't happen. :lol:

owc6 05-16-2018 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by HOXXOH (Post 1597213833)

When you mentioned your wallet, I thought you were still talking about wives.

Dano523 05-16-2018 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette_Ed (Post 1597214407)
Pics or it didn't happen. :lol:

Sorry, but rule one with the wives, is your not allowed to adjust their boobs in public for them (no mater how much one of both boobs need it, or just feeling Randy for a quick groping), and photos/evidence of such would be bad form/right out as well.:rofl:

slammin86 05-17-2018 01:27 PM

In the C6 the 2005-2010 corvette's shared the same seats. The 2011 got an upgrade. Then the 2012 to 2013 got a big upgrade.

I did the 12-13 upgrade in my 11. Well worth the money from an aesthetics standpoint. To me they feel better as well.

07MontyRed 05-17-2018 02:35 PM

All the C6 frames (all years) use the same frame, so there cannot be much difference. I upgraded the foam and a few other under-skin mods and they fell "better" but still suck.

I am waiting for somebody to report on the new Recaros ... pricy, but if they are as good as Recaro normally is, they might fill the bill. Unfortunately, I like my two-tone (cashmere/black) interior, so I will need to reupholster the Recaros ... yet more money.

HOXXOH 05-17-2018 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by owc6 (Post 1597214437)
When you mentioned your wallet, I thought you were still talking about wives.

Changing seats or changing wives, the affect on the wallet thickness is the same. It's going to get thinner. :yesnod:

Corvette_Ed 05-17-2018 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by slammin86 (Post 1597218203)
In the C6 the 2005-2010 corvette's shared the same seats. The 2011 got an upgrade. Then the 2012 to 2013 got a big upgrade.

I did the 12-13 upgrade in my 11. Well worth the money from an aesthetics standpoint. To me they feel better as well.

How so?

Suns_PSD 05-17-2018 09:51 PM

I had aftermarket race seats in my Corvette and they looked great, but I found them space limited at my height. They are for sale by the way for $600. I also did not like that I lost my side airbag as I'm safety conscious.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...ab31ae5300.jpg

I had the stock seats unused but never liked the shape, so I bought the 2012 upgrade. Frankly I wouldn't pay full price for it as my stock seats were in good shape already but it is quite nice as it really updates the interior of the car. I found my kit new in the box at a used price which really helped. I find them very comfortable, reasonably supportive, and all my functionalities are back in my car. Also my wife finally finds the car reasonably comfortable which helps.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...2e8442bc32.jpg

IMO, OEM seats are the best option for a Corvette as the Corvette cabin has a weird shape. It's tough to get any other seat to fit well unless it's a very basic, poorly padded, bucket race seat. And your spouse will hate you for it

96GS#007 05-17-2018 10:05 PM

I’m looking at Recaro Speed seats. They also have a Speed M with a flatter bottom cushion to ease entry/exit and a Speed V version specifically for Corvettes.

I’m upgrading for track days since I’ve grown tired of sliding around. A one piece seat like a Sparco isn’t really an option since I also drive on the street. Unfortunately the V doesn’t come with a slot for the 6 point sub straps but the Speed does, so that’s the path I’m headed down once I sort out mounting brackets.

JerriVette 05-17-2018 11:17 PM

Guys.. I’m a 33inch waist and sat in the new recaros...no go...it’s tight...I like them for the added support but for what they cost you can never sell your car to someone larger than a 33inch waist

Definitely sit in the seat before you plunk down the cash...

Fwiw..I was quoted 1400 for each seat and 800 for the install.

Too expensive for the value of my c6 at this point in my opinion.

I’m thinking of braum s seats I saw on Carrid for 600 for the pair plus the mounting slider brackets etc..I see they fit in a c5 but I’m not sure about fitting in a c6 yet..

If you have a z06 there is a black leather Caravaggio seat for sale for 500 dollars plus shipping right now in the c5 for sale section.

For the value price...when you sell your car..just throw the stock seat back in with a few bolts on the power rails..

It’s a great seat and the price is dam good...

The only thing is I have a z51and not a z06 so I don’t want to be a poser ...

Caravaggio bolt right up to your stock seat rails which is pretty awesome...

$500for one seat plus shipping or if you are local to Lima Ohio you can pick the seat up...

I’m half tempted to just paint the embroidery with black fabric paint....

That’s how desperate I am for new seats in my c6...

Otherwise I’m pulling the seat cushion apart again after the rebuild kit I installed a few years ago...

The seat cushion is flat like I’m sitting on the floor...

I’m thinking for $100 to just throw new foam in the seat cushion...

Anything has to be better than just the rebuild kit...

I need side bolsters...in the cushion of the seat...

This is ridiculous.

Suns_PSD 05-18-2018 05:38 AM

That's a tough position.

I looked at the 1 Caravaggio seat. The issue is that my car is nice, so 1 seat does me no good. So buy one used now you have to buy 1 new and you don't get to pick your colors and you only saved a few hundred from buying 2 new.

I've heard from someone that owned the Caravaggio seats that they really aren't worth the money when you get up close. However, If I had not found my rebuild kit, they were on the short list.

Ultimately if you are willing to drop the $2K on an older car, the 2012 upgrade kit is your best bet. Everything fits and works, you still have your side airbags, and a reasonable sized human being can fit in them. You could also argue that it should raise your resale value so you should see some small return eventually both for having better condition seats as well as having new style seats. Where as aftermarket seats are almost always going to lower your value.

My corvette is just an '08 Z51 but is a really nice looking/ driving car both inside and out. Having ratty seats that were not that great when brand new is just not appealing.

I also sort of prepped my car to be this great track day car, but found that I find the track kind of boring actually. So undoing that stuff to just make it a high performing street car made the most sense for me. I prefer a run to the canyons 2-4 times per year to get my thrills.

96GS#007 05-18-2018 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by JerriVette (Post 1597222125)
Guys.. I’m a 33inch waist and sat in the new recaros...no go...it’s tight...I like them for the added support but for what they cost you can never sell your car to someone larger than a 33inch waist

Which model did you sit in? I'm looking at the Speed seats (vs the many other models they sell)...

- The Speed V isn't out yet...deliveries are supposed to start in June.
- The Speed S and Speed M both have a flat bottom cushion for ease of entry/exit.
- The Speed is for track days and is contoured much like the Caravaggio seat.