CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune-124/)
-   -   Cooling fan question after car was tuned. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune/4139825-cooling-fan-question-after-car-was-tuned.html)

rmtt 05-16-2018 05:16 PM

Cooling fan question after car was tuned.

So just looking for a little advice. I have a 2005 C6 Z51. Finally had some parts put on that had been lying around.

I did the following.

LG Pro LongTubes
Ported Fast 102
160 degree thermostat
Dyno tune with HP Tuners

Car put down 400/404. It drives great and smooth as anything. Now I'm not experienced with tuning, just second hand stuff I've read. But I know this isn't normal.

Started the car this morning. Outside temp was 68F. Coolant temps were around 70 when I checked. Only reason I checked was because the cooling fan came on immediately.
Stayed on all the way to work....then turned off after I arrived and shut the car down.

Same thing after work ....looked at coolant temp and it was 71F......started the car....and the fan immediately came on.

Could there have been some wrong settings programmed in the fan table?

Doing some research....I had seen that anything above a value of zero set in the first "cell" would cause the fans to run at full duty all the time.

I've called the garage that did everything, but the tuner isn't back until tomorrow. So I'm hesitant to drive the car until this is resolved as I don't want to burn up the fan or melt a connector.

This shop has been around forever and specialize in Corvettes and F-bodies....and have really good reviews and repeat customers.

So just wondering if something may have been accidentally overlooked.

Thanks for any help or information.

schpenxel 05-16-2018 07:46 PM

Yeah, def could be the first cell of the table being set to something other than 0 causing it to run all the time. There's no reason for that IMO.

I doubt you burn up a connector unless it's set to max out first thing, which would be even crazier though. Follow up with him when he gets back. I'd drive it if I wanted to though.

rmtt 05-16-2018 08:58 PM

I just wonder if it would benefit having the fan tables put back to stock parameters while leaving the 160 stat in although I know most tuners like to make some slight changes to load ratings.

Like I said before....I'm a newbie to all this, but I know that if it's 70F outside and I don't have the a.c. unit on.....this fan shouldn't be running.

Car sounds like an airplane taxiing down the runway so I know it's coming on at probably 90% load right from the beginning.

BadAV 05-17-2018 08:17 AM

You will see cooler temps on the highway even with the OEM fan cooling table. You have to turn the fan on sooner, and increase the % settings in the table if you hope to see cooler temps in stop and go driving.