CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C6 to C7? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/4140168-c6-to-c7.html)

Z06-HEC* 05-17-2018 12:54 PM

C6 to C7?

Would like to hear from people that had a C6 Z06 with work, that have moved to a C7 Z06.
So I think I may be ready (financially) to move into a C7 Z06 from my C6 Z06....
My question is, to anyone that has done it, how different is the feel?
I know all the luxuries are a plus, and that is part of the reason i want to move up, but, i am worried about losing the aggressive C6 Z Cam feeling and power to what i assume to be a more tamer supercharged C7 Z.....
Anyone make the move from a worked C6 Z to a C7 and have regrets?

Tell me your thoughts?

My plan would be to start offering a trade of my C6 Z with Cash for someone's C7 Z, or try a dealer...

AaronZ51 05-17-2018 09:16 PM

There's been several threads with this same topic and the overwhelming majority said they never looked back after getting the C7 Z06.

I don't think you'll find any takers willing to go back to a C6 Z06, even with cash in hand... Find one you can test drive - I think you'll be suitably impressed.

KillerC7zo6 05-17-2018 09:24 PM

Went from a C6 Zo6 full bolt ons to a new C7 Z51. Don’t regret at all. Plan on trading in for a new Z in a year. But loving my C7. C6 interior was just bad. Love the new make over on the C7

Z06-HEC* 05-18-2018 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by AaronZ51 (Post 1597221423)
There's been several threads with this same topic and the overwhelming majority said they never looked back after getting the C7 Z06.

I don't think you'll find any takers willing to go back to a C6 Z06, even with cash in hand... Find one you can test drive - I think you'll be suitably impressed.

That will probably be my next problem if I do decide to upgrade, finding someone who wants to go back to C6 so I can throw cash on and move up...

ROD BROWN 05-19-2018 12:06 PM

You wont be sorry

Originally Posted by Z06-HEC* (Post 1597217920)
Would like to hear from people that had a C6 Z06 with work, that have moved to a C7 Z06.
So I think I may be ready (financially) to move into a C7 Z06 from my C6 Z06....
My question is, to anyone that has done it, how different is the feel?
I know all the luxuries are a plus, and that is part of the reason i want to move up, but, i am worried about losing the aggressive C6 Z Cam feeling and power to what i assume to be a more tamer supercharged C7 Z.....
Anyone make the move from a worked C6 Z to a C7 and have regrets?

Tell me your thoughts?

My plan would be to start offering a trade of my C6 Z with Cash for someone's C7 Z, or try a dealer...

I have had 4 Vettes and every time I went to a newer model there was a vast difference in the cars.I went from a 2009 to a 2016 and the difference was like day and night.3 of my Vettes were 3LS and my 2016 is a LS1. I don't miss all the goodies on the LS3 as like most owners I never used all the extras.Upgrde,you won't be sorry. Rod

mschuyler 05-19-2018 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Z06-HEC* (Post 1597224669)
That will probably be my next problem if I do decide to upgrade, finding someone who wants to go back to C6 so I can throw cash on and move up...

More like a miracle. Why would anyone want to? Would you like to go back to a C5?

Z06-HEC* 05-19-2018 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by mschuyler (Post 1597232968)
More like a miracle. Why would anyone want to? Would you like to go back to a C5?

Ive never had a C5 but I have actually considered it... At one point I thought about trading down, keeping a C5 for fun, and using the cash i got for a Daily Driver... I love the look of the C5 body, but hate the interior look.

JGarland 05-19-2018 10:04 PM

Night and day!

No regrets.

vbdenny 05-19-2018 10:56 PM

Remove the ? And you’re all set.

Lawdogg 07-10-2019 07:14 PM

I have a 07 z06 and a 15 z51 stingray. For spirited driving and track driving I would take a stock c6 z06 over a z51 stingray. Nothing like an ls7 at full song. I also appreciate having more rubber on the road. Suprisingly, the ride quality isnt much different unless the stingray has mag ride.

For long trips (I just got back from a 5000 mile road trip over 8 days in the stingray), I would prefer a stock c6 z06 also. Again, ls7 is such a much more enjoyable motor. Tech is nice in the c7, but my z06 has pandora blue toothed from my phone, a nav screen, and xm. what else do you need. Only reason I bought the Stingray is because of how much I modified my z06 for track duty.

KenHorse 07-10-2019 07:22 PM

Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lawdogg 07-10-2019 07:58 PM

somehow my post ended up in the wrong thread. That's what I get for using the forum from my phone.

C3_ERROR 07-12-2019 08:59 AM

I haven't owned a C6Z and just purchased my C7 but I think my post my be helpful, maybe not. While look for a new toy I looked at the C6, C6Z and C7. The C6Z was great, that monster LS7 in NA form just can't be beat. But other than that the C7 beat it in every way. The C7Z you get a ton of torque down low making it feel like an insane animal. As you said the luxuries in the C7 was light years ahead of the C6. And with the C8 hanging over our heads it seems a lot of C7 owners are jumping ship for the C8. When I was looking for my C7 I would see a post nearly every day with some C7 owner selling their car to pre-order/prep for a C8. If you were going to buy a C7Z I think now it the time. The after market seems to be catching up with the direct injection world. Everyday new product seems to come out for them. The cars respond very well to mods as the LS motor did.

I ended up getting a 2016 C7 3LT with a built motor, ProCharger and a whole host of other mods for what a C7 base would cost just a few months ago. It's like they are giving them away.

Billy346 07-12-2019 04:54 PM

Thanks guys. it's kind of an idea I'm toying around with. My current ride is a Z51 with the 1LT package, and no mag ride. I didn't want any of the fancy stuff......I just kind of saw it as "shit to break" down the line. Its a great car for how I use it, but I'm looking for something that's a little more .....let's say...."different". I like the look of the C6 wide body (even more than the C7 wide body), and prefer the feel and sound of a high-revving N/A motor over a blower motor. It's probably going to be one of those deals where I'm taking my C7 in for an oil change, and low and behold, there is an awesome low-mileage Z06 that was just traded in on a Tahoe. Thanks for the advisement!