CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 ZR1 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion-176/)
-   -   Anyone using QuickJack Portable Car Lifts for their ZR1? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-zr1-discussion/4141187-anyone-using-quickjack-portable-car-lifts-for-their-zr1.html)

638HP 05-19-2018 11:17 PM

Anyone using QuickJack Portable Car Lifts for their ZR1?

2 Attachment(s)
Considering picking up a set of QuickJack Portable Car Lifts for my ZR1. 3" total height collapsed will allow lifts to slide under the car and align with frame rails. Anyone using the QuickJack Portable Lifts? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Nyvetteguy007 05-20-2018 12:15 AM

I have these and use them on my 2017 Z06...it’s a great little system and very safe...

GarryZR1 05-25-2018 02:15 PM

I considered getting a set until I found out the price. WOW!!!

I can get a 2 post lift for a few hundred more.

For the price a floor jack works just fine.

UnhandledException 05-25-2018 03:14 PM

I call them quickjoke. They are absolutely ridiculous. I had one, had so many issues and sent it back. I can go on and on about the gauge of the metal, quality of welds, speed and performance of hydraulic units, its a joke.

i have a 4 post lift instead now

blackvetterzo6 05-26-2018 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by UnhandledException (Post 1597274371)
I call them quickjoke. They are absolutely ridiculous. I had one, had so many issues and sent it back. I can go on and on about the gauge of the metal, quality of welds, speed and performance of hydraulic units, its a joke.

i have a 4 post lift instead now

Why would anyone buy that, when you can get a midrise which goes to like 56”.

Ben@WeaponX 05-26-2018 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by 638HP (Post 1597235253)
Considering picking up a set of QuickJack Portable Car Lifts for my ZR1. 3" total height collapsed will allow lifts to slide under the car and align with frame rails. Anyone using the QuickJack Portable Lifts? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Haven't used them on the Z yet, but we use them around the shop and they're great!

LoveTwoFly 05-26-2018 09:43 PM

No, just installed a BendPak...this is the cats meow.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...4d9d6226a.jpeg

Poor-sha 05-27-2018 07:10 AM

A four post lift won't lift the car off the wheels so you can swap wheels, do brakes, or change alignment which is 90% of what I do on my car. I have been running the 5000 series on top of my 4-post lift for years to work on my C7 Z06 and it works great.

Get the DC version and a lightweight battery, the DC pump is much faster and that way it is totally portable. Get some magnets to hold the support bar up when you are lowering the unit. I had one slip back in place while lowering and I ended up with one side going down and the other not - it almost turned in to a huge problem.

I used to take mine to the track but frankly it wasn't worth the hassle of hauling it out of the trailer for tire and brake pad changes in the paddock.

UnhandledException 05-27-2018 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Poor-sha (Post 1597282472)
A four post lift won't lift the car off the wheels so you can swap wheels, do brakes, or change alignment which is 90% of what I do on my car. I have been running the 5000 series on top of my 4-post lift for years to work on my C7 Z06 and it works great.

Get the DC version and a lightweight battery, the DC pump is much faster and that way it is totally portable. Get some magnets to hold the support bar up when you are lowering the unit. I had one slip back in place while lowering and I ended up with one side going down and the other not - it almost turned in to a huge problem.

I used to take mine to the track but frankly it wasn't worth the hassle of hauling it out of the trailer for tire and brake pad changes in the paddock.

Correct but bendpak sells a rolling jack unit that you can use to lift front or rear off the 4 post lift (or you can buy 2 of them and lift both sides).

i have had my lift 2 years and including dropping the transmission, multiple wheel changes, exhaust work, i have had no issues. 4 post lift requires no bolting to the concrete, is rock solid and has multiple safety mechanisms. 1 corner has the capability of holding the entire car’s weight in failure and each corner has a backup. That means 8 distinct locks have the ability to independently hold the weight. Furthermore, to have the 9,000 lbs commercial rating, lift has to be tested almost 3 times of that capacity and it passes various other tests. The cables that hold each corner have a rating of 56,000 lbs each. I can go on and on. 4 post lift is by far the safest and the easiest to operate. All other options have shortcomings:

- 2 post lift requires 4000 psi concrete that is at least 6” thick. No residential garage has this. You could cut squares and repour but the cost is substantial, a lot of work. Even after that 2 post lift isnt as safe as 4 post lift. Is very difficult to make it level on a pitched garage floor and just in general driving the car on 4 post lift and raising it is much easier than having to check the legs of 2 post lift multiple times to ensure if one side is slipping etc. because you cant see the other side of the car as it is being raised.
- mid rise/scissor lift has the biggest issue that it will prevent you from doing things like exhaust/transmission/driveshaft work as majority of them blocks that part of the car
- independent scissor lift is similar to quickjack but much beefier. The problem with this as well as quickjack is they both block the entire side of the car. The only way to get in and out of the car is from the front or back. When you have your traditional residential garage with a 16-20’ depth bay, this becomes a challenge. There is no way for example a creeper will comfortably fit from the front of the car without hitting walls or other obstacles. the other problem with this type of lift is you essentially have 2 independent hydralic ram cylinders which is impossible to synchronize. One side will always be slower and can also fail. Their safety mechanisms arent as good as a 4 post lift either.

I could sit and write a book on this because I spent weeks researching every type of lift from every brand including rotary.

and quickjack is a quickjoke. Jackstands is a way to go and are much safer and dont block entering the car from the side.

one other huge benefit of a 4 post lift is the number of lift points. I have a 8’ ceiling and 90% of other lifts wouldnt have allowed me to raise the car more than 1 lift point. With 4 post lift, I can raise it 4 different heights.

JDIllon 05-27-2018 07:41 PM

I have used them for years and have had no problems what so ever. I use them on the ramps of my 4 post and they work great for doing brakes, wheel and tire work and alignment work. I used them on my C6Z and my C7Z. I have also used them at the track several times, but the are heavy for carrying around in the trailer. JD

SLWRNU 05-29-2018 05:15 PM

I have two Quick Jacks and they work great.
Just built a new garage with 12 ft ceiling so I have a four post lift so I am selling one of the Quick Jacks. Looking for $700,00 + shipping. Bought it about two years ago and used maybe 4-5 times. PM me if interested.

TonyFiorello 02-22-2019 09:50 AM

I bought the BendPak Mid-Rise Lift for my 2016 Z06. I know use (and store my 2019 ZR1 on it. Probably one of the best garage additions I ever made. Less that $1800.00 at Northern Tool. No clearance problems at all with either car. A good friend has the QuickJack and he said he prefers mine because he doesnt have to set anything up, just drive on. Food for thought.

SouthernSon 03-04-2019 10:11 AM

I know this is somewhat of an old thread but I really like the 5000xl. It is just perfect for the ZR1. With all of the CF aero it is difficult to raise the vehicle with a floor jack. The Quickjack fits under the vehicle perfectly and lifts to two different heights that is great for my maintenance of wheels, brakes, oil changes, installing ducting or whatever. However, the included rubber spacers are pure junk. I simply cut some heavy channel iron into four pieces for spacing on the jack to engage the URO (IIRC) jack pads and it works great.

Also, since the CCB rotors are somewhat fragile on the edges one has to be careful not to bang into them while removing the wheels. I use a motorcycle wheel cleaning roller on top of a harbor freight lift table to lift the wheel just enough to clear the lugs and slide out without bumping the rotor.

https://shop.bestreviews.com/products/maxxhaul-80401-motorcycle-wheel-cleaning-stand-500-lb-capacity?cid=277776167&aid=1208363384103 937&eid=&tid=pla-4579122332981186&ul=&mt=e&n=o&d=c&dm={de vicemodel}&dt&sn&adid={creative}&k=&p={p lacement}&pc={target}&ap={adposition}&ms clkid=26f3236698f11e6fa87a7f1bdac6c898&u tm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campai gn=%5BUS%5D%20Bing%20Shopping&utm_term=4 579122332981186&utm_content=Dehumidifier

Pizz 03-04-2019 10:25 AM

OP, I have a set I bought to lift my Z06. They work great, are portable and get the car high enough off the ground that you can easily do wheel/brakes work. Undercar work is easier with a dolly. I lowered the car and swapped out the xpipe and exhaust cans using mine. Worked perfect.

There are many options for lifting out there. I didn't want something huge in my garage, taking up space. If you want something that is easily stored and pulled out when it's time to do some work, they are great IMHO.