CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Schrader tpms reset (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/4151154-schrader-tpms-reset.html)

Denny Kohlman 06-12-2018 05:01 PM

Schrader tpms reset

I just put new tires and new schrader part number 28006 tpms sensors on at Bell tire. They tried to program the sensors with their magnet and the horn went off at each wheel. Nothing came up on the screen and they said to drive it for 15 minutes and it would reset. When I got home (20 minutes) still nothing. I found a video and tried the following I turned the key to run (car not running), hit options to get a blank screen and held the reset until fab training came up. Then I hit the option button once and tire training came up. I started with the front left and continued clockwise and the horn went off each time within the 45 second time limit. When I got back in the car still no pressure for the tires. Any suggestions. Bell tire said that if it still did not work they would continue trying but I don't know what else to try.

knewblewkorvette 06-12-2018 05:25 PM

Take her out for another spin. If she is honking her horn you should be golden.

JR-01 06-12-2018 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette (Post 1597392458)
Take her out for another spin. If she is honking her horn you should be golden.

:iagree:
Sometimes it takes awhile before they come online.

Vetteman Jack 06-12-2018 05:46 PM

For the sensors to work, the car has to be in motion. Take it out for a spin and see if the readings appear.

Denny Kohlman 06-12-2018 06:07 PM

tpms

Thanks for all the insight. I will keep driving it and hopefully it will reset. I will let you know. Thanks again.

SG Lou 06-12-2018 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Denny Kohlman (Post 1597392754)
Thanks for all the insight. I will keep driving it and hopefully it will reset. I will let you know. Thanks again.

Am i missing something here ? :hide:

Never mind..........found it.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...pms-reset.html

Denny, you might want to post this reply to your original thread and ask a Mod to delete this one.

Vetteman Jack 06-13-2018 12:11 AM

Merged the two threads together. Instead of making separate threads for a reply, just post an update in your original thread. :thumbs:

jackthelad 06-13-2018 09:42 AM

When I put new wheels, tires and Schrader TPMS sensors in, the pressures were displayed by the time I reached the end of my driveway - about 100 yards. The old ones - about 12 years old - would come on line within 1/2 mile for the "laziest" one.

If they do not display after 15 minutes driving, something is very wrong.

What actually shows up on the display when you index through the 4 sensors?

Denny Kohlman 06-13-2018 01:47 PM

tpms

Originally Posted by jackthelad (Post 1597396286)
When I put new wheels, tires and Schrader TPMS sensors in, the pressures were displayed by the time I reached the end of my driveway - about 100 yards. The old ones - about 12 years old - would come on line within 1/2 mile for the "laziest" one.

Nothing. It just shows each wheel with no pressure. (ie L Front and than nothing no zero or no pressure.) for each of the four tires.

Denny Kohlman 06-13-2018 02:01 PM

tpms

Originally Posted by jackthelad (Post 1597396286)

Also the sensors that were in the car on the old tires lasted and unbelievable 15 years. They just went bad over this last winter. In fact one was still working when I got the car out this spring.

jackthelad 06-13-2018 03:26 PM

Dumb question, but are you sure you got the right sensors? There are two different part numbers depending on the year of the car.

SG Lou 06-13-2018 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by jackthelad (Post 1597398744)
Dumb question, but are you sure you got the right sensors? There are two different part numbers depending on the year of the car.

I was just thinking the same thing Jack

knewblewkorvette 06-13-2018 04:29 PM

But his car honks to confirm the TPMS are connecting?

Mickeyrx70 06-13-2018 06:30 PM

———-
According to his profile he has a 2000 C5. The Schrader part # he listed is for that year.

JR-01 06-13-2018 07:57 PM

Are there any codes for the TPMS?

Denny Kohlman 06-13-2018 08:51 PM

tmms

Originally Posted by JR-01 (Post 1597400819)
Are there any codes for the TPMS?

oul

Would the code come up on the screen? If so there are no codes on the screen.

JR-01 06-13-2018 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Denny Kohlman (Post 1597401141)
oul

Would the code come up on the screen? If so there are no codes on the screen.

Pulling the codes:
http://www.c5forum.com/ayc/dtcdic.php

I don't know if there are a set of codes for the TPMS system.

Route99 06-14-2018 11:28 AM

:lurk:

I'm curious to see the answer now.
At first I thought they were for the later C5s since they both used the same 315Mhz, but then since the receiver is different I didn't think it would beep, but it did.
Then I thought maybe the batteries were too low to send a signal, but that doesn't seem to apply since it beeps during programming. And the DIC should show XXX for the tire displays to indicate the battery for each or all of the TPMS is too low.
If the serial data circuit is bad then the key fobs wouldn't work either - correct?
This should be interesting!

Denny Kohlman 06-14-2018 12:18 PM

tpms

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7 (Post 1597401857)
Codes for the TPMS system would show up under sensor B0 - RFA.

However, since he had the old sensors fail and there is no indication that he cleared the codes after having new ones installed, any that he pulls now are likely to be left over from the old bad TPMS. He needs to clear the codes and then drive the car for at least several miles (20 or more would be better) and then pull the codes.

If you have never pulled codes before (and I suspect that to be the case) then watch this video and perhaps take some notes out to the car so you can pull them:

https://youtu.be/SviRjIsy9G4

Post ALL the codes including the H or C or HC after each 5 character code. List the codes under the sensor they show with. is 10 - PCM or 28 - TCS or 40 - BCM ..... etc .....

If any sensor(s) have NO COMM next to them post that also.

Thanks for the video. I will give it try this afternoon and get back with you. I don't need any of the codes that I am clearing for any reason do I?

Denny Kohlman 06-14-2018 04:36 PM

tpms

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7 (Post 1597401857)
Codes for the TPMS system would show up under sensor B0 - RFA.

However, since he had the old sensors fail and there is no indication that he cleared the codes after having new ones installed, any that he pulls now are likely to be left over from the old bad TPMS. He needs to clear the codes and then drive the car for at least several miles (20 or more would be better) and then pull the codes.

If you have never pulled codes before (and I suspect that to be the case) then watch this video and perhaps take some notes out to the car so you can pull them:

https://youtu.be/SviRjIsy9G4

Post ALL the codes including the H or C or HC after each 5 character code. List the codes under the sensor they show with. is 10 - PCM or 28 - TCS or 40 - BCM ..... etc .....

If any sensor(s) have NO COMM next to them post that also.

I took the car in today to get it aliened since got new tires and rims and I asked the Chevy dealership to see if they could program the sensors. They tried two different ways and told me they could not get it to connect. On my way home I decided to try the screen again and there they were-all four reading the correct pressure. I guess I needed to drive the car. I do not know what they did but it worked. When I got home I called the dealership to let him know that he solved my problem. Also I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. The forum is truly a wealth of information. Thanks for help.