CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Intros (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/intros-134/)
-   -   new C6 owner - Dallas area (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/intros/4151398-new-c6-owner-dallas-area.html)

gtmalone 06-13-2018 08:36 AM

new C6 owner - Dallas area

Hello from the Dallas area!

This past weekend my wife and I bought a 2007 3LT convertible automatic in Monterey Red. Only 14k miles on it. Our first Corvette! My wife saw it and said - SOLD!

We put about 75 miles on it the first day. We love it or we will love it. We had mechanical adventures on the second day. Started it up and had a loud squealing sound. Figured loose belt or bearing in an idler pulley. Couldn't locate the exact source. I got on this forum searched for "squealing" and found the many threads about the harmonic damper/balancer/crank pulley wobble and the loose bolt. Yep, it was wobbling. Then it started making a knocking sound. Shut it off. I could turn the bolt by hand. Geez... At least it happened at home instead of on the road! Well, used car sold "as is" wasn't sure what the dealer would say. Called them Monday, explained the problem and what I had found on here. They were familiar with that problem on the LS2. They said they would make it right and sent a tow to pick it up. Wow. We couldn't have asked for better customer service! Hoping to get it back later this week. Hats off to Corvette Warehouse for a good sales experience and standing behind what they sell!

Thanks to you guys and gals for this forum. What a great resource!

Here are a few pics:
http://s471.photobucket.com/user/gtm.../cars/corvette

rkj427 06-13-2018 09:08 AM

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats. on your C6 convertible!

Here's too many miles of smiles and enjoyment!

Jeff T. 06-13-2018 09:15 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!! :thumbs:

Route99 06-13-2018 10:04 AM

Welcome to the forum, Gordon! Congratulations to you and your wife on your sharp C6 vert!

FX VETTE 06-13-2018 10:11 AM

Welcome to the CF! :cheers:

Vetteman Jack 06-13-2018 11:32 AM

Sounds like great customer service from the dealer. Congrats on your C6 and hope you get many miles of driving pleasure from it. Also, welcome to the forum.

RossDowningChevrolet 06-13-2018 01:16 PM

Hello and welcome to the corvette forum. :cheers:

Vettevick 06-13-2018 02:04 PM

Welcome neighbor!

Bills Z06 06-13-2018 02:11 PM

Welcome & congrats from the Houston area! :cheers:

Jstan2014 06-13-2018 05:47 PM

Welcome from Round Rock,Tx. Congrats on your new C6. I’m glad that the Corvette Warehouse treated y’all well. Enjoy!

Sabre34 06-13-2018 05:58 PM

Congrats and welcome!

gtmalone 06-13-2018 10:59 PM

Thanks, guys!

jehuds10 06-13-2018 11:37 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

gilhuly 06-14-2018 07:35 AM

Welcome to you and your wife!

save the wave:seeya

GFaulk 06-15-2018 06:59 PM

Hello from Garland!

Nice Corvette!

Gary

gtmalone 06-17-2018 02:59 PM

Corvette is home from the "hospital". New damper/crank pulley and belt. We'll take our first road trip probably in a couple of weeks.

I still can't get over how well the car rides. I rode in a friend's '05 last year. It's "slightly modified" and lowered. I was expecting to feel every crack in the road and was surprised - and it's scary fast!

Once again - what a wealth of info on this forum!

vetrnz06 07-04-2018 06:24 PM

GT,welcome to the Forum! glad the one issue was fixed too! enjoy! that would make for a nice road trip to Kamp Klown! (scottysuncle), VETRNZ06 on this site

jhaine007 07-25-2018 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by gtmalone (Post 1597395851)
Hello from the Dallas area!

This past weekend my wife and I bought a 2007 3LT convertible automatic in Monterey Red. Only 14k miles on it. Our first Corvette! My wife saw it and said - SOLD!

We put about 75 miles on it the first day. We love it or we will love it. We had mechanical adventures on the second day. Started it up and had a loud squealing sound. Figured loose belt or bearing in an idler pulley. Couldn't locate the exact source. I got on this forum searched for "squealing" and found the many threads about the harmonic damper/balancer/crank pulley wobble and the loose bolt. Yep, it was wobbling. Then it started making a knocking sound. Shut it off. I could turn the bolt by hand. Geez... At least it happened at home instead of on the road! Well, used car sold "as is" wasn't sure what the dealer would say. Called them Monday, explained the problem and what I had found on here. They were familiar with that problem on the LS2. They said they would make it right and sent a tow to pick it up. Wow. We couldn't have asked for better customer service! Hoping to get it back later this week. Hats off to Corvette Warehouse for a good sales experience and standing behind what they sell!

Thanks to you guys and gals for this forum. What a great resource!

Here are a few pics:
http://s471.photobucket.com/user/gtm.../cars/corvette

Awesome! Looking at a 2008 3LT drop top at Corvette Warehouse. Glad to hear you had a good experience. Any thoughts on the sales experiences there? In retrospect, do you think you got a decent deal price wise?

gtmalone 07-26-2018 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by vetrnz06 (Post 1597536083)
GT,welcome to the Forum! glad the one issue was fixed too! enjoy! that would make for a nice road trip to Kamp Klown! (scottysuncle), VETRNZ06 on this site

Hey, bro! We'll probably drive the Corvette over to Kirk's gig in the spring. Might call on you for room and board. :cheers:

gtmalone 07-26-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by jhaine007 (Post 1597664550)
Awesome! Looking at a 2008 3LT drop top at Corvette Warehouse. Glad to hear you had a good experience. Any thoughts on the sales experiences there? In retrospect, do you think you got a decent deal price wise?

Sales experience was good. We dealt with Olivia. They are a no-haggle dealer. The prices I believe are fair. Most of our initial shopping was on CarGurus so we had a pretty good idea of price ranges vs. miles vs. options. Probably best to go on a weekday. They seem shorthanded on Saturdays. They sold three cars while we were there on a Sat and had to shuffle stuff around in the showroom to get them out.

Be sure to check the age of tires and check the harmonic balancer. If it's wobbling, they should replace it.

Good luck on the search and have fun!