CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   Found 2 of the Test Cars last night. Video inside. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/4151921-found-2-of-the-test-cars-last-night-video-inside.html)

ScGRaceR 06-14-2018 10:30 AM

Found 2 of the Test Cars last night. Video inside.

Saw a post on a facebook car page... had to bust out the C7 Z06 for the hunt haha.

2 test cars covered
Group of 19' Silverados

no I did not get any other video or pictures to respect the privacy of the people with the cars, and to hopefully keep seeing them around town.

Jeff V. 06-14-2018 11:51 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...98e6dd4752.jpg

f-16pilotTX 06-14-2018 11:57 AM

Well, I guess that was cool.

Thank you for the effort though :D

brettlid 06-14-2018 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff V. (Post 1597404661)

:rofl:

IronV 06-14-2018 02:22 PM

Youare a gentleman...

Originally Posted by f-16pilotTX (Post 1597404703)
Well, I guess that was cool.

Thank you for the effort though :D

My reaction was, "Huh? What?"

DSOMDream 06-14-2018 05:26 PM

Waste of my time! Paul

elegant 06-14-2018 05:38 PM

It is the perfect video? No, nevertheless I appreciate the video being posted by ScGRraceR. It is good that all uf us contribute, and we all together learn from everyone’s efforts.

FrankLP 06-14-2018 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1597407384)
It is the perfect video? No, nevertheless I appreciate the video being posted by ScGRraceR. It is good that all uf us contribute, and we all together learn from everyone’s efforts.

:iagree:

These are opportunities for all of us to review the feedback, and treat it as a teaching/learning opportunity. And I always appreciate those that offer feedback that help to others to improve.

For example, I agree (and long have advised) that people need to remember to turn their phone sideways so that video is formatted properly. I actually take most of my photos that way also.

In regards to the video content, while it may have been risky to get out and get closer... doing so would have made for better content/detail. Actually a photo (maybe with a flash too) might have yielded better results.

The other opportunity this provided was that you knew exactly where the cars would eventually be leaving from. So even of you couldn't "stake the place out", maybe you could've contacted others to be on the look out to catch better footage/photos in that area.

Again, great opportunity for teaching/learning. I for one appreciate the effort.

Jeff V. 06-14-2018 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by elegant (Post 1597407384)

We learned absolutely nothing from that video, and it was partially because it was shaky and poorly formatted.

This vertical video nonsense is a pox upon the internet.

Keith@VetteFinders 06-14-2018 08:32 PM

Thanks for the video ScGRaceR! Good to know they have armed security!

So if you see one, approach with caution!!

ScGRaceR 06-15-2018 01:30 AM

Hahaha

1. To the few who said thanks. Guess the others wouldn’t understand the “you had to be there factor” I had fun. Can’t remember the last time I had this excitement at 12am. Oh yeah. Few months ago when it was the C7 ZR1 / previously Z06’s and Hellcat Test cars! They actually talked to a group of us before and just didn’t answer questions and didn’t pop the hoods. Your welcome !!

2. To the ones annoyed I didn’t go full you tube confidential. If you were on our local Facebook pages you could see all the Camo covered cars In regular traffic. On alligator alley everywhere. any day at any point. As bad as my videois, Still nothing to see. Previous posts during the day had people saying they weren’t being friendly. And I don’t blame them. This isn’t cars and coffee time.

Walter Raulerson 06-15-2018 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by ironv (Post 1597405808)
my reaction was, "huh? What?"

it shows how desperate we are

LightningBolt 06-15-2018 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff V. (Post 1597408122)
We learned absolutely nothing from that video, and it was partially because it was shaky and poorly formatted.

I disagree. The corvette community learned that the C8 may be testing in the SW Florida area and other vigilant observers, or the OP himself are now on the lookout for for C8's in SW Florida and may have the opportunity to shoot some better video.

If someone posts vid and a report from up in Michigan, I think "Well that's nice, but I'm never going to see it. However, SW Florida is right next door and you have my attention. :cheers: I'll call my son in Tampa and tell him and his friends to keep an eye out - and what to look for just in case. I recognize the odds are small, but I so what? It's fun.

MitchAlsup 06-15-2018 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff V. (Post 1597408122)

I disagree, it is not a pox on the internet.
It is a tool to separate people that know how to take videos from those that do not.
Obviously this one does not.

Jeff V. 06-15-2018 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by LightningBolt (Post 1597413391)
I disagree. The corvette community learned that the C8 may be testing in the SW Florida area and other vigilant observers, or the OP himself are now on the lookout for for C8's in SW Florida and may have the opportunity to shoot some better video.

If someone posts vid and a report from up in Michigan, I think "Well that's nice, but I'm never going to see it. However, SW Florida is right next door and you have my attention. :cheers: I'll call my son in Tampa and tell him and his friends to keep an eye out - and what to look for just in case. I recognize the odds are small, but I so what? It's fun.

You do not need a "UFO sighting" video to convey this information.

Originally Posted by MitchAlsup (Post 1597413509)
I disagree, it is not a pox on the internet.
It is a tool to separate people that know how to take videos from those that do not.
Obviously this one does not.

Touche :lol:

LightningBolt 06-15-2018 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff V. (Post 1597413642)
You do not need a "UFO sighting" video to convey this information.

I agree, but so what? Don't get your panties in such a wad and enjoy the rest of your evening. :cheers:

jdlev 06-21-2018 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by ScGRaceR (Post 1597403981)
Saw a post on a facebook car page... had to bust out the C7 Z06 for the hunt haha.

2 test cars covered
Group of 19' Silverados

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI32LYjxD0Y

no I did not get any other video or pictures to respect the privacy of the people with the cars, and to hopefully keep seeing them around town.

Paparazzi Noob! :rolleyes: Why with the test car backed into a corner like that, she was just beggin you to head over and lift up that skirt! Where's my gif collection...you get a c'mon man for that video!
I want you to know I added the caption just for you.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...30940754f9.gif

sunsalem 06-21-2018 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by jdlev (Post 1597449019)

I would really like to know what he is reacting to.
For some reason, I rather doubt it deserves this reaction...:lol:

WhiteDiamond 06-23-2018 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by sunsalem (Post 1597449209)
I would really like to know what he is reacting to.
For some reason, I rather doubt it deserves this reaction...:lol:

Contract requirement....Over re-act and act dumb. Get paid.......